I'm looking for help. My husband and I have crazy schedules and just figured out that we have a window between 3/25 and 4/9 to take our honeymoon. We've been married since October and I'm desperate to finally get away as newlyweds!
I've been doing a lot of research online and am hoping that someone out there has a diamond in the rough that I am not finding... or one that I have found that they know is definitely worth it.
Our budget is around $3000 (I'm willing to go over... but not by much!)
Needs to include airfare from the DC area
We love snorkeling and fishing
Prefer a 7 day trip... but we know we might have to sacrifice this because it is the high season
We've been to the Cancun area and my husband is not thrilled with it.
We've been looking at Sandals, Couples, Breezes, etc - but they seem so expensive this time of year. The alternative is a cruise from Florida - but I think we both envision sand between our toes and a more relaxed environment.
Final thought - should we enlist the help of a travel agent? I've worked in sales and I know the games... I don't want to end up somewhere because the agent gets a large commission.
Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Honeymoon Help! 6 weeks to go - $3000 - 7 days preferred - Caribbean
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 DIY Wedding for Two – Can I pull this off without a Wedding Planner?
- 2 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 3 Antigua - First Trip - Which Beach and Which Bed ?
- 4 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 5 Holiday Trip to the Caribbean - Need advice!
- 6 Aruba suggestions
- 7 Punta Cana Excursions with Teen
- 8 Fishermans Ree Resort
- 9 Dominican Republic - Closures, Limitations Over Easter Weekend
- 10 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 11 Cuba in 10 days
- 12 Salt Kettle House to close
- 13 Best snorkeling in the Caribbean (not St. John or Grand Cayman)???
- 14 Hotel recommendations for 1 night on Tortola?
- 15 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 16 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 17 Ideas for Caribbean AI for anniversary next July?
- 18 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 19 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 20 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 21 Are there restaurants/grocery near Rum Point on Grand Cayman?
- 22 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 23 Why Barbados?
- 24 Cayman Islands in October
- 25 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay