I'm looking for help. My husband and I have crazy schedules and just figured out that we have a window between 3/25 and 4/9 to take our honeymoon. We've been married since October and I'm desperate to finally get away as newlyweds!
I've been doing a lot of research online and am hoping that someone out there has a diamond in the rough that I am not finding... or one that I have found that they know is definitely worth it.
Our budget is around $3000 (I'm willing to go over... but not by much!)
Needs to include airfare from the DC area
We love snorkeling and fishing
Prefer a 7 day trip... but we know we might have to sacrifice this because it is the high season
We've been to the Cancun area and my husband is not thrilled with it.
We've been looking at Sandals, Couples, Breezes, etc - but they seem so expensive this time of year. The alternative is a cruise from Florida - but I think we both envision sand between our toes and a more relaxed environment.
Final thought - should we enlist the help of a travel agent? I've worked in sales and I know the games... I don't want to end up somewhere because the agent gets a large commission.
Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Honeymoon Help! 6 weeks to go - $3000 - 7 days preferred - Caribbean
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 2 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 3 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 4 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 5 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 6 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 7 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 8 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 9 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 10 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 11 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 12 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 13 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 14 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 15 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 16 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 17 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 18 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 19 Which island?
- 20 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 21 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 22 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 23 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 24 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 25 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan