I'm looking for help. My husband and I have crazy schedules and just figured out that we have a window between 3/25 and 4/9 to take our honeymoon. We've been married since October and I'm desperate to finally get away as newlyweds!
I've been doing a lot of research online and am hoping that someone out there has a diamond in the rough that I am not finding... or one that I have found that they know is definitely worth it.
Our budget is around $3000 (I'm willing to go over... but not by much!)
Needs to include airfare from the DC area
We love snorkeling and fishing
Prefer a 7 day trip... but we know we might have to sacrifice this because it is the high season
We've been to the Cancun area and my husband is not thrilled with it.
We've been looking at Sandals, Couples, Breezes, etc - but they seem so expensive this time of year. The alternative is a cruise from Florida - but I think we both envision sand between our toes and a more relaxed environment.
Final thought - should we enlist the help of a travel agent? I've worked in sales and I know the games... I don't want to end up somewhere because the agent gets a large commission.
Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 overwhelmed by the Bahamas!
- 2 Day 10 - In Punta Cana but thoughts at home
- 3 should buy quality wires
- 4 Deep sea fishing & snorkeling
- 5 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 6 Evening temperatures
- 7 7 Adults and a 51/2 month old
- 8 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 9 Cuba in November
- 10 Choosing Between a Rental on Nassau or Eleuethera
- 11 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 12 Best 'Swimming' Beaches in the Caribbean- from SFO
- 13 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 14 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 15 50th Birthday with Family
- 16 Birthday Celebration
- 17 DR - All inclusive
- 18 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 19 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 20 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 21 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 22 Late May Trip
- 23 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 24 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 25 St. Thomas is dangerous
Honeymoon Help! 6 weeks to go - $3000 - 7 days preferred - Caribbean