I'm looking for help. My husband and I have crazy schedules and just figured out that we have a window between 3/25 and 4/9 to take our honeymoon. We've been married since October and I'm desperate to finally get away as newlyweds!
I've been doing a lot of research online and am hoping that someone out there has a diamond in the rough that I am not finding... or one that I have found that they know is definitely worth it.
Our budget is around $3000 (I'm willing to go over... but not by much!)
Needs to include airfare from the DC area
We love snorkeling and fishing
Prefer a 7 day trip... but we know we might have to sacrifice this because it is the high season
We've been to the Cancun area and my husband is not thrilled with it.
We've been looking at Sandals, Couples, Breezes, etc - but they seem so expensive this time of year. The alternative is a cruise from Florida - but I think we both envision sand between our toes and a more relaxed environment.
Final thought - should we enlist the help of a travel agent? I've worked in sales and I know the games... I don't want to end up somewhere because the agent gets a large commission.
Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 2 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 3 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 4 Turks and caicos
- 5 St.Lucia newbie
- 6 Aruba weather
- 7 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 8 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Turks and caicos
- 11 Cruise stop activities
- 12 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 13 Jade Mountain
- 14 Honeymoon Help!!
- 15 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 16 Bermuda
- 17 Restaurant Suggestions
- 18 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 19 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 20 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 21 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 22 Taxi info. Self touring
- 23 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 24 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 25 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
Honeymoon Help! 6 weeks to go - $3000 - 7 days preferred - Caribbean