I'm looking for help. My husband and I have crazy schedules and just figured out that we have a window between 3/25 and 4/9 to take our honeymoon. We've been married since October and I'm desperate to finally get away as newlyweds!
I've been doing a lot of research online and am hoping that someone out there has a diamond in the rough that I am not finding... or one that I have found that they know is definitely worth it.
Our budget is around $3000 (I'm willing to go over... but not by much!)
Needs to include airfare from the DC area
We love snorkeling and fishing
Prefer a 7 day trip... but we know we might have to sacrifice this because it is the high season
We've been to the Cancun area and my husband is not thrilled with it.
We've been looking at Sandals, Couples, Breezes, etc - but they seem so expensive this time of year. The alternative is a cruise from Florida - but I think we both envision sand between our toes and a more relaxed environment.
Final thought - should we enlist the help of a travel agent? I've worked in sales and I know the games... I don't want to end up somewhere because the agent gets a large commission.
Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Honeymoon Help! 6 weeks to go - $3000 - 7 days preferred - Caribbean
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 2 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 3 Bahamas girls trip
- 4 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 5 Safe for Family
- 6 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 7 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 8 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 9 Snorkeling
- 10 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 11 fish fry on Curacao
- 12 mosquito problem in Curacao
- 13 Place to stay and dive in Curacao for new divers
- 14 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 15 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 16 2 Weeks in Caribbean
- 17 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 18 Restaurants in Aruba
- 19 Questions about Moving to the Carribean
- 20 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 21 St. John vs St Thomas with kids (7 and 9) for New Years week?
- 22 Good place to hear music- San Juan
- 23 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 24 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 25 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side