New to Fodors and I appreciate any and all responses.
Looking for assistance choosing a honeymoon destination.
Travel dates= early June 2016 for 10-12 days.
Total Budget-$6000-$8000 including flights from Denver, food, drinks, excursions, etc.
We have been to riviera maya and would like a new destination.
We enjoy many activities including land and water. We are looking for a mix of adventure and relaxation. Land would include zip lining, ATV's, waterfall hikes and swimming in little watering holes, caving, animals, etc.
water activities- non-divers, love snorkeling, kayaking, would want to try some new water activities.
Looking for nice beaches- by nice I mean primarily for snorkeling. An ideal location has off the beach/walk in from the shore snorkeling. Finding this along with great land activities has made my head spin.
Accommodations- we enjoy the care free aspect of all inclusives. On our relaxing days we enjoy having several cocktails and lounging around a pool- swim up bar is a nice perk. Decent food- does not have to be gourmet but tasty and at the least edible. on the beach lodging would be nice as we have never stayed right on the beach but that is not a requirement.
We also enjoy meeting people and don't want the evenings to be painfully boring but rather have some socialization.
I have explored so many options my head is spinning. I have received so many differing reviews of weather in different places- which is important so we can have optimal snorkeling conditions.
Please recommend a few places you think may fit the bill. A travel agent recommended Jamaica but then I've read there is not good snorkeling and it has a very high chance of rain. Previous experience for June would be great as well. Thank you again!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 2 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 3 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 4 All inclusive
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 DR vs. Mexico
- 8 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 11 Family of 5 undecided island
- 12 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 13 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 14 family resort ideas?
- 15 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 16 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 17 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 18 First time to Puerto Rico
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 21 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 22 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 23 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 24 Punta Cana
- 25 Is St. Maarten Carnival safe?