I'm sure you have all receievef this question multiple times before, but I am looking for a good honeymoon destination. It will be May of 2014 so I assume weather will be nice regardless of where I go.
I want to preface this discussion with saying I will likely be using Southwest Airlines and Hilton hotel as that is what I primarily travel for work. I know the locations are limited here but based on what Airtran and Hilton offer, I've narrowed it to Montego Bay, Cabo, and Nassau/Paradise Island. I'm looking for an all inclusive but its not a deal breaker. My fiance and I want to scuba/snorkle, jet ski, eat well, enjoy the local nightlife atmosphere and relax on the beach. From what I can see, Hilton in Montego Bay and possibly Nassau offer all inclusive resorts. However, I don't want to golf because I know this is an large option at all these resorts.
However, I am not stuck on Southwest/Airtran and Hilton. If there is a great location that hilton doesn't offer a hotel but Southwest/Airtran fly to, Vice Versa, I would definitely consider that option. I would just preferably like to use one or the other since I have built status with both.
Ultimately, we are just looking to find a location and hotel that will meet our needs and offer us a good experience in the local culture, fun time on the beach, and a relaxing and romantic experience. We are not high end consumers and on somewhat of a budget so thats a consideration too.
Any advice from people who have been to either/all of these 3 places would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 30th anniversary trip
- 2 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 3 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 4 Bermuda in February or March
- 5 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 6 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 7 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 8 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 9 Safest Islands for Us?
- 10 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 11 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 12 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 13 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 14 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 15 Narrowing it down
- 16 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 17 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 18 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 19 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 20 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 21 Destination Wedding
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Help us plan a laid back honeymoon
- 24 by ship from puerto rico to the AVI or BVI
- 25 barbados vs. Bonaire