I'm sure you have all receievef this question multiple times before, but I am looking for a good honeymoon destination. It will be May of 2014 so I assume weather will be nice regardless of where I go.
I want to preface this discussion with saying I will likely be using Southwest Airlines and Hilton hotel as that is what I primarily travel for work. I know the locations are limited here but based on what Airtran and Hilton offer, I've narrowed it to Montego Bay, Cabo, and Nassau/Paradise Island. I'm looking for an all inclusive but its not a deal breaker. My fiance and I want to scuba/snorkle, jet ski, eat well, enjoy the local nightlife atmosphere and relax on the beach. From what I can see, Hilton in Montego Bay and possibly Nassau offer all inclusive resorts. However, I don't want to golf because I know this is an large option at all these resorts.
However, I am not stuck on Southwest/Airtran and Hilton. If there is a great location that hilton doesn't offer a hotel but Southwest/Airtran fly to, Vice Versa, I would definitely consider that option. I would just preferably like to use one or the other since I have built status with both.
Ultimately, we are just looking to find a location and hotel that will meet our needs and offer us a good experience in the local culture, fun time on the beach, and a relaxing and romantic experience. We are not high end consumers and on somewhat of a budget so thats a consideration too.
Any advice from people who have been to either/all of these 3 places would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best snorkeling, hiking, local vibe and food
- 2 Mango Reef Restaurant in Turks and Caicos
- 3 Babymoon Beach Vacation
- 4 Cuba in 5 days?
- 5 Grand Bahia Principe, Punta Cana
- 6 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 7 Large Family Trip to Caribbean
- 8 Atlantis in Bahamas
- 9 St. Thomas vs Bahamas?
- 10 The Pigs of No Name Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
- 11 turks caicos
- 12 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 13 Curacao
- 14 Puerto Rico since the "meltdown"
- 15 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 16 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 17 Need more folks for Atlantis boat charter
- 18 Groupon Tours
- 19 Can you bring your own food to Aruba?
- 20 Grandmother/Granddaughter Beach Vacation
- 21 Location
- 22 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 23 Restaurants Turks and Caicos
- 24 Private tours in Cuba
- 25 Planning trip to st Lucia