I'm sure you have all receievef this question multiple times before, but I am looking for a good honeymoon destination. It will be May of 2014 so I assume weather will be nice regardless of where I go.
I want to preface this discussion with saying I will likely be using Southwest Airlines and Hilton hotel as that is what I primarily travel for work. I know the locations are limited here but based on what Airtran and Hilton offer, I've narrowed it to Montego Bay, Cabo, and Nassau/Paradise Island. I'm looking for an all inclusive but its not a deal breaker. My fiance and I want to scuba/snorkle, jet ski, eat well, enjoy the local nightlife atmosphere and relax on the beach. From what I can see, Hilton in Montego Bay and possibly Nassau offer all inclusive resorts. However, I don't want to golf because I know this is an large option at all these resorts.
However, I am not stuck on Southwest/Airtran and Hilton. If there is a great location that hilton doesn't offer a hotel but Southwest/Airtran fly to, Vice Versa, I would definitely consider that option. I would just preferably like to use one or the other since I have built status with both.
Ultimately, we are just looking to find a location and hotel that will meet our needs and offer us a good experience in the local culture, fun time on the beach, and a relaxing and romantic experience. We are not high end consumers and on somewhat of a budget so thats a consideration too.
Any advice from people who have been to either/all of these 3 places would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Activities/Tours in Aruba
- 2 Resort Recommendations
- 3 Travel Advice Needed
- 4 Puerto Plata
- 5 Puerto Plata- Hacienda Lifestyle resorts and villas
- 6 puerto plata town vs. sosua? need help.......
- 7 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 8 Quick Question: Why is Puerto Plata, DR so much cheaper than Punta Cana, DR
- 9 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 10 Where to go with a 5-1/2 hr layover in Nassau?
- 11 Transportation to Exuma
- 12 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 13 Nassau temp late Jan
- 14 St. Martin vs St. Maarten and what area or Antigua or Barbuda and what area
- 15 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 16 Sandals, Montego Bay
- 17 Jamaica - Couples Negril or Sandals Royal Caribbean (Montego)
- 18 Any All-Inclusive Resort Recommendations?
- 19 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 20 West Coast US and Carribean
- 21 Hotel Suggestion in Puerto Plata
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Can acouple travel to Havana for 3 or 4 days legally as tourists??
- 24 20 Somethings on a Budget
- 25 St. John USVI