I'm sure you have all receievef this question multiple times before, but I am looking for a good honeymoon destination. It will be May of 2014 so I assume weather will be nice regardless of where I go.
I want to preface this discussion with saying I will likely be using Southwest Airlines and Hilton hotel as that is what I primarily travel for work. I know the locations are limited here but based on what Airtran and Hilton offer, I've narrowed it to Montego Bay, Cabo, and Nassau/Paradise Island. I'm looking for an all inclusive but its not a deal breaker. My fiance and I want to scuba/snorkle, jet ski, eat well, enjoy the local nightlife atmosphere and relax on the beach. From what I can see, Hilton in Montego Bay and possibly Nassau offer all inclusive resorts. However, I don't want to golf because I know this is an large option at all these resorts.
However, I am not stuck on Southwest/Airtran and Hilton. If there is a great location that hilton doesn't offer a hotel but Southwest/Airtran fly to, Vice Versa, I would definitely consider that option. I would just preferably like to use one or the other since I have built status with both.
Ultimately, we are just looking to find a location and hotel that will meet our needs and offer us a good experience in the local culture, fun time on the beach, and a relaxing and romantic experience. We are not high end consumers and on somewhat of a budget so thats a consideration too.
Any advice from people who have been to either/all of these 3 places would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 2 Holiday Trip to the Caribbean - Need advice!
- 3 Dominican Republic - Closures, Limitations Over Easter Weekend
- 4 Fishermans Ree Resort
- 5 Cuba in 10 days
- 6 Salt Kettle House to close
- 7 Best snorkeling in the Caribbean (not St. John or Grand Cayman)???
- 8 Hotel recommendations for 1 night on Tortola?
- 9 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 10 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 11 Ideas for Caribbean AI for anniversary next July?
- 12 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 13 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 14 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 15 Are there restaurants/grocery near Rum Point on Grand Cayman?
- 16 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 17 Why Barbados?
- 18 Cayman Islands in October
- 19 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 20 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 21 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 22 Sailing in Tobago and Trinidad
- 23 all-inclusive or villa?
- 24 Anyone want to critique my Puerto Rico itinerary?
- 25 San Juan Hotel