hi - i'm starting to research honeymoon locations for my fiance and I and I'm really having a hard time deciding on a location. I know we want a beach and we won't be doing many, if any, excursions. We just want to relax on a beach with some drinks. I started looking in st lucia at AI, but it's a little pricey for us. Now I'm looking between Aruba at bucuti or possibly somewhere in mexico. I think I would prefer an AI, but do not like the high rises in Aruba. If the price of drinks and food at the restaurants and bars in Aruba isn't high then I can do a non AI. My fiance and I need a place with bars that stay open as we like to go out and are pretty big drinkers. We went to kauai last year and although it was gorgeous everything was closed by 10 and we found ourselves bored. Mexico is very enticing because we can get so much for the same price as other places in the Caribbean that don't seem as appealing. My hesitation is that I went to Cancun a few years ago and it was like an everlasting spring break. however I think if we pick a very nice resort I'll have a completely different experience. I think overall I like Aruba, I'm just hesitant about the non AI. Ideally I would love a room with access to the beach which is why the high risers won't work for me. Any comments or suggestions would be a huge help. I'm very open to other islands also. thanks!
honeymoon - can't decide on location!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 2 Last to open up in your brain into your particularly
- 3 AI resorts in Jamaica
- 4 Money in Jamaica
- 5 Florida or caribbean
- 6 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 7 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 8 Barbado Car rental
- 9 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 10 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 11 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 12 Death in Paradise
- 13 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 14 50+ where to dance?
- 15 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 16 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 17 dominican republic
- 18 Summer family vacation
- 19 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 20 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 21 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 22 St Martin
- 23 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 24 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 25 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West