hi - i'm starting to research honeymoon locations for my fiance and I and I'm really having a hard time deciding on a location. I know we want a beach and we won't be doing many, if any, excursions. We just want to relax on a beach with some drinks. I started looking in st lucia at AI, but it's a little pricey for us. Now I'm looking between Aruba at bucuti or possibly somewhere in mexico. I think I would prefer an AI, but do not like the high rises in Aruba. If the price of drinks and food at the restaurants and bars in Aruba isn't high then I can do a non AI. My fiance and I need a place with bars that stay open as we like to go out and are pretty big drinkers. We went to kauai last year and although it was gorgeous everything was closed by 10 and we found ourselves bored. Mexico is very enticing because we can get so much for the same price as other places in the Caribbean that don't seem as appealing. My hesitation is that I went to Cancun a few years ago and it was like an everlasting spring break. however I think if we pick a very nice resort I'll have a completely different experience. I think overall I like Aruba, I'm just hesitant about the non AI. Ideally I would love a room with access to the beach which is why the high risers won't work for me. Any comments or suggestions would be a huge help. I'm very open to other islands also. thanks!
honeymoon - can't decide on location!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 2 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 3 Advice needed
- 4 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 5 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 6 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 7 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 8 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 9 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 10 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 11 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 12 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 13 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 14 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 15 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 16 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 17 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 18 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 19 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 20 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 21 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 22 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 23 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 24 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 25 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica