hi - i'm starting to research honeymoon locations for my fiance and I and I'm really having a hard time deciding on a location. I know we want a beach and we won't be doing many, if any, excursions. We just want to relax on a beach with some drinks. I started looking in st lucia at AI, but it's a little pricey for us. Now I'm looking between Aruba at bucuti or possibly somewhere in mexico. I think I would prefer an AI, but do not like the high rises in Aruba. If the price of drinks and food at the restaurants and bars in Aruba isn't high then I can do a non AI. My fiance and I need a place with bars that stay open as we like to go out and are pretty big drinkers. We went to kauai last year and although it was gorgeous everything was closed by 10 and we found ourselves bored. Mexico is very enticing because we can get so much for the same price as other places in the Caribbean that don't seem as appealing. My hesitation is that I went to Cancun a few years ago and it was like an everlasting spring break. however I think if we pick a very nice resort I'll have a completely different experience. I think overall I like Aruba, I'm just hesitant about the non AI. Ideally I would love a room with access to the beach which is why the high risers won't work for me. Any comments or suggestions would be a huge help. I'm very open to other islands also. thanks!
honeymoon - can't decide on location!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 2 things to do in Nassau
- 3 Which Island?
- 4 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 5 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 6 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 7 St. John USVI
- 8 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 9 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 10 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 11 Best island for early to mid November
- 12 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 13 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 14 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 15 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 16 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 17 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 18 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 21 Which Second Caribbean Destination ?
- 22 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 23 Best Starwood (Westin/Sheraton/St. Regis) Resort for Families??
- 24 Cuba in 10 days
- 25 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???