My fiancé and I are looking to go away immediately following our wedding leaving on Feb 24th. It may still be Winter Break for many schools across the U.S., so I'm hoping to avoid a place with a ton of kids (although I love them dearly)! We were thinking Turks, but have heard it's one of the most popular spots for families in February/March.
Barbados, St. Martin and Grand Cayman all sound interesting to me since we are coming from NYC and the distances are perfect for us. Just warm enough, but not too far. Can anyone compare the 3 or have a preference for honeymooners? Here is what we are looking for:
- beautiful beaches with activities to do during the day - walking, snorkeling, swimming. If possible would be nice to explore another island (but not mandatory)
- Would love a high end resort if possible with a beautiful pool
- Nightlife not that important, but might be fun to mingle with others at night listening to music
- relaxing dining at a few high end places; all inclusive not necessary. Would not mind getting off the resort to experience other restaurants
- Budget (including airfare, food and activities) we would like to keep between 8-10K
Thanks so much for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.muscle4power.com/exoslim-reviews/
- 2 abundance fat, or just greens, modest parts, a ton of nourishments
- 3 when to visit barbados
- 4 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 5 Belize vs Bonaire for snorkeling?
- 6 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 7 Help on choosing where to visit
- 8 40th birthday with friends
- 9 which island?
- 10 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 11 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 12 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 13 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 14 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 15 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 16 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 17 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 18 Cuba in November
- 19 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 20 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 21 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 22 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 23 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 24 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 25 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
Honeymoon advice - Barbados, St. Martin and Cayman Islands