My fiancé and I are looking to go away immediately following our wedding leaving on Feb 24th. It may still be Winter Break for many schools across the U.S., so I'm hoping to avoid a place with a ton of kids (although I love them dearly)! We were thinking Turks, but have heard it's one of the most popular spots for families in February/March.
Barbados, St. Martin and Grand Cayman all sound interesting to me since we are coming from NYC and the distances are perfect for us. Just warm enough, but not too far. Can anyone compare the 3 or have a preference for honeymooners? Here is what we are looking for:
- beautiful beaches with activities to do during the day - walking, snorkeling, swimming. If possible would be nice to explore another island (but not mandatory)
- Would love a high end resort if possible with a beautiful pool
- Nightlife not that important, but might be fun to mingle with others at night listening to music
- relaxing dining at a few high end places; all inclusive not necessary. Would not mind getting off the resort to experience other restaurants
- Budget (including airfare, food and activities) we would like to keep between 8-10K
Thanks so much for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Vacation recommendations
- 2 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 3 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 4 BVI trip questions
- 5 Curaçao and girls?
- 6 Small Carribean Hotel
- 7 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 8 Punta Cana Excursions
- 9 customs questions
- 10 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 11 Nassau Bahamas
- 12 Biking in Caribbean
- 13 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 14 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 15 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 16 Help with how long on each island.
- 17 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 18 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 19 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 20 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 21 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 22 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 23 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 24 Hiking in St. John
- 25 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
Honeymoon advice - Barbados, St. Martin and Cayman Islands