My fiancé and I are looking to go away immediately following our wedding leaving on Feb 24th. It may still be Winter Break for many schools across the U.S., so I'm hoping to avoid a place with a ton of kids (although I love them dearly)! We were thinking Turks, but have heard it's one of the most popular spots for families in February/March.
Barbados, St. Martin and Grand Cayman all sound interesting to me since we are coming from NYC and the distances are perfect for us. Just warm enough, but not too far. Can anyone compare the 3 or have a preference for honeymooners? Here is what we are looking for:
- beautiful beaches with activities to do during the day - walking, snorkeling, swimming. If possible would be nice to explore another island (but not mandatory)
- Would love a high end resort if possible with a beautiful pool
- Nightlife not that important, but might be fun to mingle with others at night listening to music
- relaxing dining at a few high end places; all inclusive not necessary. Would not mind getting off the resort to experience other restaurants
- Budget (including airfare, food and activities) we would like to keep between 8-10K
Thanks so much for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 2 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 3 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 4 All inclusive
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 DR vs. Mexico
- 8 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 11 Family of 5 undecided island
- 12 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 13 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 14 family resort ideas?
- 15 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 16 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 17 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 18 First time to Puerto Rico
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 21 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 22 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 23 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 24 Punta Cana
- 25 Is St. Maarten Carnival safe?
Honeymoon advice - Barbados, St. Martin and Cayman Islands