My fiancé and I are looking to go away immediately following our wedding leaving on Feb 24th. It may still be Winter Break for many schools across the U.S., so I'm hoping to avoid a place with a ton of kids (although I love them dearly)! We were thinking Turks, but have heard it's one of the most popular spots for families in February/March.
Barbados, St. Martin and Grand Cayman all sound interesting to me since we are coming from NYC and the distances are perfect for us. Just warm enough, but not too far. Can anyone compare the 3 or have a preference for honeymooners? Here is what we are looking for:
- beautiful beaches with activities to do during the day - walking, snorkeling, swimming. If possible would be nice to explore another island (but not mandatory)
- Would love a high end resort if possible with a beautiful pool
- Nightlife not that important, but might be fun to mingle with others at night listening to music
- relaxing dining at a few high end places; all inclusive not necessary. Would not mind getting off the resort to experience other restaurants
- Budget (including airfare, food and activities) we would like to keep between 8-10K
Thanks so much for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 2 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 3 Packers and Movers in Bangalore for Low Cost Removals
- 4 Packers and Movers Pune # http://www.5th.co.in/packers-and-movers-pune/
- 5 http://www.potentbodyformation.com/virilityex-reviews/
- 6 Bermuda in February or March
- 7 http://www.supplementadvise.com/cla-safflower-oil/
- 8 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 9 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 10 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 11 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 12 Safest Islands for Us?
- 13 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 14 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 15 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 16 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 17 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 18 Narrowing it down
- 19 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 20 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 21 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 22 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 23 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 24 Destination Wedding
- 25 St. Thomas is dangerous
Honeymoon advice - Barbados, St. Martin and Cayman Islands