So I'm trying to plan our honeymoon and of course am overwhelmed by all of the options. My fiancee and I are in NJ so we would be traveling from either Philadelphia (closer to us) or Newark. I would rather not navigate one of the NYC airports like JFK. So direct flights from PHI or EWR are ideal. I think Id rather a layover from EWR or PHI rather than go to JFK for a direct.
We settled on the Caribbean because we'd like to keep our flight around the 4 hour time.
Our wedding is 8/6/16, but can travel any days between 8/13-8/27, so days are flexible. Somewhere around 7-10 nights.
More than anything, we are looking to enjoy each others company and take things slow. We do like to "party" occasionally but from what I hear about resorts such as Sandals, that's all it is. So I would rather a place with good restaurants where we can sit at the bar for the night, rather than go dancing at a club. We love food and drink. And honestly, while we both enjoy being around the beach and definitely looking at it (a view is desirable), he hates sand and my sensitive skin is irritated in the ocean (at least at the Jersey shore! ), so we don't necessarily need to be able to walk onto the ocean from our room, as long as we can see it and make our way there when we have the urge.
As far as activities, we don't need much. We aren't necessarily "extreme" people, but would enjoy a hike or jet skis. We just don't want to be tied or pressured into anything. I like to know what's available and do it if we feel like it.
As far as budget goes, I don't really have a good idea of what is reasonable, so hopefully you guys can help! Off the top of my head, I'd like to stay around 5k if we can. But if that just won't happen, we'll just have to do some more saving!
I don't have a clear picture for what AI's are good for. I'm just not married to either needing one or not.
I've fallen in love with Ladera in St. Lucia. But it could totally be way out of budget.
He hasn't been anywhere in the Caribbean. I was at Grand Cayman once as a kid so I don't remember it much, and of course couldnt enjoy all of the things that we could now that we're older. I was also in Anguilla 2 years ago and stayed at Viceroy (I was working for a rich family. I could never afford that myself lol), and while the food at the hotel was great and the island and resort were unbelievable, I ventured out of the resort just once and didn't see much else going on. Just more resorts. Perhaps I didn't go to the right places, so correct me if I'm wrong. I keep reading that Anguilla is supposed to be known for it's food, but I didn't actually see much local cuisine going on. If there is more to it than I experienced, I would surely go again. My sister went to St. John for her honeymoon and they loved it.
Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated. And I'm happy to give more info if you need it!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 황금성 ● 연결 : 【_v vz338.com_】♥
- 2 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 3 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 4 Cuba Help
- 5 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 6 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 7 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 8 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 9 Living in the Caribbean
- 10 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 11 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 12 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 13 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 14 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 15 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 16 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 17 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 18 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 19 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 20 St. Croix
- 21 St Kitts & Irma
- 22 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 23 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 24 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 25 Barbados