Everyone knows about the spectacular Trinidad Carnival - but there is so much more to do there. I was there for Carnival last year and after I recovered from partying, I went hiking with a local club. There are several clubs to choose from (locals are enthusiastic hikers)- everything from the 'Hashers' who run through the forest to the Field Naturalists (http://www.wow.net/ttfnc/) who take a more scientific approach and stop to smell the flowers, so to speak. I went with Hike Seekers (www.hikeseekers.com) - the group was mostly of locals, with a sprinkling of visiting yachtspeople and tourists. The core group brought food and a propane cooker into the jungle - a shot of rum and some spicy food by a waterfall - absolutely fabulous experience.
Hiking in Trinidad
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 2 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 3 Concerns About Dominican Republic Trip
- 4 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 5 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 6 Bahamas 4 day Trip: July 2014
- 7 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 8 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 9 Bahamas snorkeling
- 10 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 11 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 12 Wedding Help!
- 13 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 14 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 15 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 16 Islands with great nightlife
- 17 month stay on a caribbean island
- 18 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 19 Where to stay on Vieques
- 20 Ferry to Rum Point
- 21 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 22 Family with infants/toddlers
- 23 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 24 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 25 Jamaica property buying and selling