We are getting married in July and are desperately trying to plan an amazing honeymoon. We have done so much research to find the perfect destination, but still can not decide. We think some advice from people who have actually traveled the Caribbean might be more helpful. Here is a little background on us...we went to Aruba last year and LOVED it, we had the time of our lives and I think we are comparing every island to Aruba, so our first and most important requirement would be the soft sand and clear, calm water of Aruba (we loved being able to walk in the water and our feet only touched soft sand, not anything icky) we also loved being able to jump up from our lounge chair and hop on a jet-ski or go water-tubing. Second, we love exploring nature....while in Aruba we rented a jeep and explored the island on our own, it was our best day on the island! We definitely want to be able to have that type of experience again. Hiking through rainforests, caves, anything historical, etc is our idea of a perfect day, so the more lush and scenic the better, and we would like the safety on the island so we can explore on our own, not with a guided tour. We both want to have a more "islandy" feel than Aruba had...a little less American-ized. We are hoping to plan a 10-14 day vacation in which we would spend half on the beach and half exploring the island. We are not into restaurants and do not want to go anywhere overcrowded or to a party destination. We enjoy the casinos and like shopping from the locals. After our research we decided on Antigua and Barbuda, but wanted to hear feedback before making the final decision. I loved Grenada, but everyone is still hung up on the politics from the 80's and is scaring my fiancee out of going there. We thought about Belize, but heard the beaches were not good. I like Puerto Rico but my fiancee is scared of sharks and thinks he might get eaten there (yes i know lol...but it is true) Thoughts on St. Vincent? Also, it does not have to be an island in the Caribbean, we will consider any destination! Lastly, I would like to keep the airfare at no more than $600ish per person round trip and not have a difficult time traveling (from New York). Thank you so much in advance for all of your suggestions...we can't wait to hear them!!!
Help!....us plan our honeymoon
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 2 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 3 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 4 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 5 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 6 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 7 Islands with great nightlife
- 8 month stay on a caribbean island
- 9 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 10 Where to stay on Vieques
- 11 Ferry to Rum Point
- 12 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 13 Family with infants/toddlers
- 14 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 15 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 16 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 17 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 18 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 19 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 20 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 21 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 22 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 23 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 24 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 25 Restaraunts in Barbados