We are getting married in July and are desperately trying to plan an amazing honeymoon. We have done so much research to find the perfect destination, but still can not decide. We think some advice from people who have actually traveled the Caribbean might be more helpful. Here is a little background on us...we went to Aruba last year and LOVED it, we had the time of our lives and I think we are comparing every island to Aruba, so our first and most important requirement would be the soft sand and clear, calm water of Aruba (we loved being able to walk in the water and our feet only touched soft sand, not anything icky) we also loved being able to jump up from our lounge chair and hop on a jet-ski or go water-tubing. Second, we love exploring nature....while in Aruba we rented a jeep and explored the island on our own, it was our best day on the island! We definitely want to be able to have that type of experience again. Hiking through rainforests, caves, anything historical, etc is our idea of a perfect day, so the more lush and scenic the better, and we would like the safety on the island so we can explore on our own, not with a guided tour. We both want to have a more "islandy" feel than Aruba had...a little less American-ized. We are hoping to plan a 10-14 day vacation in which we would spend half on the beach and half exploring the island. We are not into restaurants and do not want to go anywhere overcrowded or to a party destination. We enjoy the casinos and like shopping from the locals. After our research we decided on Antigua and Barbuda, but wanted to hear feedback before making the final decision. I loved Grenada, but everyone is still hung up on the politics from the 80's and is scaring my fiancee out of going there. We thought about Belize, but heard the beaches were not good. I like Puerto Rico but my fiancee is scared of sharks and thinks he might get eaten there (yes i know lol...but it is true) Thoughts on St. Vincent? Also, it does not have to be an island in the Caribbean, we will consider any destination! Lastly, I would like to keep the airfare at no more than $600ish per person round trip and not have a difficult time traveling (from New York). Thank you so much in advance for all of your suggestions...we can't wait to hear them!!!
Help!....us plan our honeymoon
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 2 Advice needed
- 3 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 4 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 5 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 6 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 7 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 8 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 9 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 10 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 11 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 12 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 13 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 14 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 15 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 16 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 17 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 18 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 19 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 20 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 21 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 22 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 23 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 24 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 25 Which island?