I have been looking through these forums for information but cannot find exactly what I'm looking for and was hoping for some help
I have never been to the Caribbean before, but am planning a possible trip for this next winter. The two things that I really want to see in the Caribbean are rainforests and waterfalls (like this http://www.mlewallpapers.com/view/4x3-Standard-Screen-2/Trafalgar-Falls-1055.html), and beautiful beaches with clear, blue water (like this http://www.wavingtheflag.com/photos/260608TOBAGOCAYS2.jpg). However, I do undestand that it is just about impossible to find both those things on one island due to the different types of islands (volcanic vs. limestone).
For this reason, I am considering combining two islands to get both experiences. So far my choices are: Guadeloupe/Marie-Galante and Dominica, Barbados and Dominica, and St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Which of these would you reccomend? Is St. Vincent's rainforest as lush as the one on Dominica? Are there any other easily combined islands i should look into?
Thank you so much in advance
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 7 Adults and a 51/2 month old
- 2 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 3 Cuba in November
- 4 Choosing Between a Rental on Nassau or Eleuethera
- 5 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 6 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 7 Best 'Swimming' Beaches in the Caribbean- from SFO
- 8 overwhelmed by the Bahamas!
- 9 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 10 Evening temperatures
- 11 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 12 50th Birthday with Family
- 13 Birthday Celebration
- 14 DR - All inclusive
- 15 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 16 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 17 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 18 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 19 Late May Trip
- 20 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 21 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Cheers to Beers!
- 24 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 25 any advice about the Cayman Islands?