I have been looking through these forums for information but cannot find exactly what I'm looking for and was hoping for some help
I have never been to the Caribbean before, but am planning a possible trip for this next winter. The two things that I really want to see in the Caribbean are rainforests and waterfalls (like this http://www.mlewallpapers.com/view/4x3-Standard-Screen-2/Trafalgar-Falls-1055.html), and beautiful beaches with clear, blue water (like this http://www.wavingtheflag.com/photos/260608TOBAGOCAYS2.jpg). However, I do undestand that it is just about impossible to find both those things on one island due to the different types of islands (volcanic vs. limestone).
For this reason, I am considering combining two islands to get both experiences. So far my choices are: Guadeloupe/Marie-Galante and Dominica, Barbados and Dominica, and St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Which of these would you reccomend? Is St. Vincent's rainforest as lush as the one on Dominica? Are there any other easily combined islands i should look into?
Thank you so much in advance
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 2 New Destination
- 3 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 4 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 5 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 6 Bahamas help
- 7 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 8 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 9 Vacation suggestion, please
- 10 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 11 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 12 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 13 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 14 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 15 aruba planning advice
- 16 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 17 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 18 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 19 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 20 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 21 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 22 Barbados Beaches
- 23 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 24 Peterson
- 25 Cuba weather in March