I have been looking through these forums for information but cannot find exactly what I'm looking for and was hoping for some help
I have never been to the Caribbean before, but am planning a possible trip for this next winter. The two things that I really want to see in the Caribbean are rainforests and waterfalls (like this http://www.mlewallpapers.com/view/4x3-Standard-Screen-2/Trafalgar-Falls-1055.html), and beautiful beaches with clear, blue water (like this http://www.wavingtheflag.com/photos/260608TOBAGOCAYS2.jpg). However, I do undestand that it is just about impossible to find both those things on one island due to the different types of islands (volcanic vs. limestone).
For this reason, I am considering combining two islands to get both experiences. So far my choices are: Guadeloupe/Marie-Galante and Dominica, Barbados and Dominica, and St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Which of these would you reccomend? Is St. Vincent's rainforest as lush as the one on Dominica? Are there any other easily combined islands i should look into?
Thank you so much in advance
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family of 5 undecided island
- 2 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 3 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 4 Cienfugas and Santiago--tours??
- 5 Suggestions for what to do/see in St. Martin/Maarten
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 Tortola next week
- 8 Summer trip
- 9 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 10 DR vs. Mexico
- 11 Surf Fly Fishing
- 12 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 13 Christmas 2017
- 14 Honeymoon Help!!
- 15 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 16 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 17 All inclusive
- 18 BVI trip questions
- 19 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 20 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 21 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 22 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 23 family resort ideas?
- 24 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 25 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR