Spent the last several days perusing through the forums and have been amazed by all the wonderful help provided on here. So, I'm hoping someone could help me out a bit in planning my honeymoon. I had no idea that this would be more difficult than getting the wedding together.
Anyway, the fiance and I are getting married in mid-June and so looking to go on our honeymoon sometime soon after that. We will be flying out of Philadelphia and currently have a budget of $5000 alloted for the honeymoon (this includes airfare and food money).
These are some of the items we are looking for in our trip (listed in order of importance):
1. romantic hotel
2. aquatic activities (e.g. snorkeling, kayaking, swimming with sharks, etc.)
3. spa services
4. good food
5. nice beach (e.g. white sand with turquoise water).
Basically, is it possible to do a honeymoon in the Caribbean with just $5000? We are currently thinking about either St. Lucia or Antigua. I'm of the opinion that Mexico might be a better option, but the fiance doesn't think Mexico would be romantic enough and would prefer a trip to the Caribbean instead.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Help with small wedding location
- 2 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 3 email@example.com
- 4 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 5 Ideal wedding island
- 6 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 7 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 8 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 9 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 10 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 11 St. Croix
- 12 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 13 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 14 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 15 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 16 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 17 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 18 Island Hopping
- 19 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 20 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 21 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Havana restaurants
- 24 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 25 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort