Spent the last several days perusing through the forums and have been amazed by all the wonderful help provided on here. So, I'm hoping someone could help me out a bit in planning my honeymoon. I had no idea that this would be more difficult than getting the wedding together.
Anyway, the fiance and I are getting married in mid-June and so looking to go on our honeymoon sometime soon after that. We will be flying out of Philadelphia and currently have a budget of $5000 alloted for the honeymoon (this includes airfare and food money).
These are some of the items we are looking for in our trip (listed in order of importance):
1. romantic hotel
2. aquatic activities (e.g. snorkeling, kayaking, swimming with sharks, etc.)
3. spa services
4. good food
5. nice beach (e.g. white sand with turquoise water).
Basically, is it possible to do a honeymoon in the Caribbean with just $5000? We are currently thinking about either St. Lucia or Antigua. I'm of the opinion that Mexico might be a better option, but the fiance doesn't think Mexico would be romantic enough and would prefer a trip to the Caribbean instead.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://infosupplement.com/healthy-gc-pro-reviews
- 2 Bahamas help
- 3 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 4 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 5 Vacation suggestion, please
- 6 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 7 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 8 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 9 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 10 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 11 New Destination
- 12 aruba planning advice
- 13 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 14 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 15 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 16 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 17 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 18 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 19 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 20 Barbados Beaches
- 21 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 22 Peterson
- 23 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 24 Cuba weather in March
- 25 Puerto Rico Itinerary help