My wife and I are going with our kids (5 and 2) to the Carribean this winter, likely in Jan or Feb, but we don't know where to go. We want nice beaches and beautiful landscapes but crowds and full service resorts are not our thing at all. We'd like some access to interesting towns and culture as well and tend to be drawn a bit to artsy/eclectic environments but things have to be safe and comfortable for the kids. Grenada looks great but it seems difficult to get to from the States and Fodors says something about sandflies being a problem. St. Lucia and Curacao also look interesting but it's so hard to tell just reading. Any suggestions for islands and places to stay much appreciated - we'd like to be <$300 per night but could go higher for a great spot. Thanks!
help-where does my family go?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Vacation Ideas
- 2 Looking for small hotel/inn within 4 hrs. nonstop flight from New York
- 3 Looking for South-to-North options/routes/price estimates.
- 4 Back from San Juan
- 5 Cupecoy Beach
- 6 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 7 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 8 Carry on size Bahamas
- 9 St John March, where to stay
- 10 The right adults-only resort
- 11 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 12 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 13 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 14 Tips for bahamas
- 15 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 16 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 17 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 18 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 19 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 20 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 21 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 22 walkable hotels
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 St Thomas
- 25 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?