My wife and I are going with our kids (5 and 2) to the Carribean this winter, likely in Jan or Feb, but we don't know where to go. We want nice beaches and beautiful landscapes but crowds and full service resorts are not our thing at all. We'd like some access to interesting towns and culture as well and tend to be drawn a bit to artsy/eclectic environments but things have to be safe and comfortable for the kids. Grenada looks great but it seems difficult to get to from the States and Fodors says something about sandflies being a problem. St. Lucia and Curacao also look interesting but it's so hard to tell just reading. Any suggestions for islands and places to stay much appreciated - we'd like to be <$300 per night but could go higher for a great spot. Thanks!
help-where does my family go?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 2 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 3 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 4 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 5 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 6 Tipping at AI
- 7 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 8 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 9 Traveling Solo
- 10 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 11 A Volcanic Paradise
- 12 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 13 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 16 St. Kitts, the details
- 17 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 18 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 19 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 20 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?