My wife and I are going with our kids (5 and 2) to the Carribean this winter, likely in Jan or Feb, but we don't know where to go. We want nice beaches and beautiful landscapes but crowds and full service resorts are not our thing at all. We'd like some access to interesting towns and culture as well and tend to be drawn a bit to artsy/eclectic environments but things have to be safe and comfortable for the kids. Grenada looks great but it seems difficult to get to from the States and Fodors says something about sandflies being a problem. St. Lucia and Curacao also look interesting but it's so hard to tell just reading. Any suggestions for islands and places to stay much appreciated - we'd like to be <$300 per night but could go higher for a great spot. Thanks!
help-where does my family go?
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 2 Wedding Help!
- 3 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 4 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 5 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 6 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 7 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 8 Islands with great nightlife
- 9 month stay on a caribbean island
- 10 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 11 Where to stay on Vieques
- 12 Ferry to Rum Point
- 13 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 14 Family with infants/toddlers
- 15 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 16 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 17 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 18 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 19 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 20 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 21 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 22 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 23 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 24 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 25 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?