We are a German soon to be married couple looking for an amazing 3-week honeymoon in November - maybe in the Caribbean?
We've been to Mexico (Playa del Carmen) and loved traveling around from there, loved the beaches and the diving as well as the superfriendly people. Apart from that, both of us were to Punta Cana ages ago and would rather not repeat that experience.
We don’t like all-inclusive resorts and don’t-leave-the-poolside-holidays, we like to be active, snorkel, kayak, hiking and whatever new experiences a new place can throw at us.
We love streetfood (by the way – how is life for a vegetarian in the Caribbean?), the occasional night out, beautiful, long and lonely beaches and like to dip a toe into off-the-beaten-track terrain, but do, I have to admit, prefer a clean, comfortable accommodation that – just this once! – may be a bit honeymoony.
In this forum we read about the Out islands – does this seems like a place for us? Apart from that we are eyeballing a liveaboard diving trip, which means we’d have to end our first week and start our third week in Nassau. And, while we’re there – we’d really like to see those swimming pigs (are they real???)
Does anybody have any ideas or tips for us?
Thanks a lot!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 All inclusive
- 2 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 3 BVI trip questions
- 4 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 5 DR vs. Mexico
- 6 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 7 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 8 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 9 Family of 5 undecided island
- 10 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 11 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 12 family resort ideas?
- 13 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 14 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 15 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 16 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 17 First time to Puerto Rico
- 18 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 19 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 20 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 21 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 22 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 23 Punta Cana
- 24 Is St. Maarten Carnival safe?
- 25 US Virgin Isl. first time which resort?