We are a German soon to be married couple looking for an amazing 3-week honeymoon in November - maybe in the Caribbean?
We've been to Mexico (Playa del Carmen) and loved traveling around from there, loved the beaches and the diving as well as the superfriendly people. Apart from that, both of us were to Punta Cana ages ago and would rather not repeat that experience.
We don’t like all-inclusive resorts and don’t-leave-the-poolside-holidays, we like to be active, snorkel, kayak, hiking and whatever new experiences a new place can throw at us.
We love streetfood (by the way – how is life for a vegetarian in the Caribbean?), the occasional night out, beautiful, long and lonely beaches and like to dip a toe into off-the-beaten-track terrain, but do, I have to admit, prefer a clean, comfortable accommodation that – just this once! – may be a bit honeymoony.
In this forum we read about the Out islands – does this seems like a place for us? Apart from that we are eyeballing a liveaboard diving trip, which means we’d have to end our first week and start our third week in Nassau. And, while we’re there – we’d really like to see those swimming pigs (are they real???)
Does anybody have any ideas or tips for us?
Thanks a lot!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Trouble booking hotels!
- 2 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 3 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 4 Airport transfer PUJ
- 5 Bahama's outer island
- 6 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 7 Restaurant Recommendations
- 8 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 9 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 10 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 11 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 12 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 13 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 14 40 min layover in CLT
- 15 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 16 Atlantis 1 day
- 17 Atlantis on a budget
- 18 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 19 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 20 St. Barts
- 21 Buses in Aruba
- 22 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 23 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 24 Stingray City Tour
- 25 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April