We are trying to a choose an island for our February vacation (8 days or so) and are having lots of trouble…I'm driving DH (and myself) crazy...so could really use the help of some of the experts here. Some info...We loved St. John this year and have considered going back again, but think we'd like to try another island. What we liked was staying in a condo in Cruz Bay, loved walking to varied, not necessarily gourmet restaurants and the island feel of the town at night, but then exploring the island in our jeep by day, snorkeling and hiking and kayaking. We are not lay on the beach people, but like to explore. And the non-stop flight from Philly. was a big plus. Also (I know this is silly, but its important to me) I like to have a bathtub so I can get a bath everyday (some islands do not seem to have accommodations with tubs because of water restrictions.) .Are there other islands that are similar? We've been to Aruba (did not like), Bermuda (too sterile), Costa Rica (liked) , Jamaica (ok) Puerto Rico (liked) and Riviera Maya (liked historical stuff). We have considered St. Lucia (but there is a travel alert there), Turks and Caicos (flat, not much hiking), St. Martin (just beginning to look at), St. Kitts (no direct flight). St. John was actually perfect in all respects, but is there another island that may have most of these things? I'm always amazed at all the expertise on these forums so thanks for any help….
Help us choose an island!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Pregnant and looking for a good Caribbean holiday
- 2 Which Caribbean island and when to go?
- 3 Overwhelmed
- 4 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 5 Caribbean Destination for Family with Teenage Girls
- 6 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 7 St. Martin Ferry to Anguilla from Philipsburg
- 8 Jamaica help!
- 9 Four Seasons Nevis and RoamsAround thanks
- 10 2 weeks in cuba
- 11 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 12 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 13 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 14 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 15 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 16 Jamaica
- 17 Jamaica all inclusive
- 18 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 19 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 20 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 21 Cuba Opening Up
- 22 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 23 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 24 Why Barbados?
- 25 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!