I've been following this forum for a while and trying to take in as much information as possible(on top of other places), but I feel like I need more help deciding which island to go because it is so overwhelming!
My girlfriend and I (In early twenties) are planning on going to an island in early June for 10-15 days.
While I care about my interests, I would actually care more about what her interests are:
Our budget is probably around $2000-3000 (not including airfare).
She would prefer beautiful water/beaches with medium-low tourist congestion/feel, loads of things to do (Hiking/snorkeling, taking day trips to other islands or places,diving), not alot but some night life with young people.
Some places in the running are: Antigua, St. Martin, UVI, St. Lucia, Turks & Caicos, Grana, Barbados, Bahamas, St. Kitts & Nevis
This does not mean that others out of the picture, just that I don't know enough about the other islands.
Thanks so much guys!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Airport transfer PUJ
- 2 Trouble booking hotels!
- 3 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 4 Restaurant Recommendations
- 5 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 6 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 7 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 8 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 9 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 10 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 11 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 12 40 min layover in CLT
- 13 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 14 Atlantis 1 day
- 15 Atlantis on a budget
- 16 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 17 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 18 St. Barts
- 19 Buses in Aruba
- 20 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 21 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 22 Stingray City Tour
- 23 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April
- 24 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 25 Bahama's outer island