My husband and I just got married last weekend, and we are planning our honeymoon for October, and having a hard time finding the right island. We are wanting to stay anywhere between 7 and 10 nights, and are willing to split the time between two resorts if it makes sense. Perhaps a few days with a beachfront room/all inclusive and a few days at a place which fits some of our other (loose) "requirements". Just an idea. Overall, we are really looking for some honeymoon-esque downtime on the beach sipping adult beverages without a care in the world, but would also like to have options for excursions and exploring if we are all beached out. Any input, direction, opinions, etc. would be very appreciated! Here are the top things we are looking for:
Bright blue water
Good snorkeling and diving
Some nightlife (no need for clubs, but someplace to go out, enjoy a meal and a few drinks, music would be awesome - can be on a resort, doesn't have to be "downtown" or anything)
Would like AI if possible, but at least breakfast inclusion would be a good compromise
Beachfront room, would settle for a beach within walking distance
Non-beach activities - historical sites, hikes, fishing, etc.
I know that's a long list, but again, we are willing to compromise on some. Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jerk Chicken
- 2 BVI trip questions
- 3 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 4 First trip to St. Martin
- 5 Bermuda Babymoon Late March/Early April
- 6 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 7 Hotel ideas needed
- 8 St.Lucia newbie
- 9 Easy from St Kitts, Mahoe Bay, etc.
- 10 Cuba Cell Phones and Casa Tips
- 11 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 12 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 13 aruba fun!!!
- 14 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 15 Peterson
- 16 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 17 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 18 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 19 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 20 Turks and caicos
- 21 Aruba weather
- 22 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 23 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 24 Turks and caicos
- 25 Cruise stop activities