My husband and I just got married last weekend, and we are planning our honeymoon for October, and having a hard time finding the right island. We are wanting to stay anywhere between 7 and 10 nights, and are willing to split the time between two resorts if it makes sense. Perhaps a few days with a beachfront room/all inclusive and a few days at a place which fits some of our other (loose) "requirements". Just an idea. Overall, we are really looking for some honeymoon-esque downtime on the beach sipping adult beverages without a care in the world, but would also like to have options for excursions and exploring if we are all beached out. Any input, direction, opinions, etc. would be very appreciated! Here are the top things we are looking for:
Bright blue water
Good snorkeling and diving
Some nightlife (no need for clubs, but someplace to go out, enjoy a meal and a few drinks, music would be awesome - can be on a resort, doesn't have to be "downtown" or anything)
Would like AI if possible, but at least breakfast inclusion would be a good compromise
Beachfront room, would settle for a beach within walking distance
Non-beach activities - historical sites, hikes, fishing, etc.
I know that's a long list, but again, we are willing to compromise on some. Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 2 Family of 5 undecided island
- 3 Christmas 2017
- 4 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 5 Honeymoon Help!!
- 6 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 7 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 8 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 9 All inclusive
- 10 BVI trip questions
- 11 DR vs. Mexico
- 12 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 13 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 14 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 15 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 16 family resort ideas?
- 17 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 18 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 19 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 20 First time to Puerto Rico
- 21 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 22 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 23 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 24 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 25 Caribbean Vacation in May