My husband and I just got married last weekend, and we are planning our honeymoon for October, and having a hard time finding the right island. We are wanting to stay anywhere between 7 and 10 nights, and are willing to split the time between two resorts if it makes sense. Perhaps a few days with a beachfront room/all inclusive and a few days at a place which fits some of our other (loose) "requirements". Just an idea. Overall, we are really looking for some honeymoon-esque downtime on the beach sipping adult beverages without a care in the world, but would also like to have options for excursions and exploring if we are all beached out. Any input, direction, opinions, etc. would be very appreciated! Here are the top things we are looking for:
Bright blue water
Good snorkeling and diving
Some nightlife (no need for clubs, but someplace to go out, enjoy a meal and a few drinks, music would be awesome - can be on a resort, doesn't have to be "downtown" or anything)
Would like AI if possible, but at least breakfast inclusion would be a good compromise
Beachfront room, would settle for a beach within walking distance
Non-beach activities - historical sites, hikes, fishing, etc.
I know that's a long list, but again, we are willing to compromise on some. Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 2 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 3 Trouble booking hotels!
- 4 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 5 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 6 Airport transfer PUJ
- 7 Bahama's outer island
- 8 Restaurant Recommendations
- 9 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 10 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 11 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 12 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 13 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 14 40 min layover in CLT
- 15 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 16 Atlantis 1 day
- 17 Atlantis on a budget
- 18 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 19 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 20 St. Barts
- 21 Buses in Aruba
- 22 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 23 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 24 Stingray City Tour
- 25 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April