My wife and I just came back from St Kitts. Previously, we went to Aruba twice. We like to be in a larger resort with a lot of distractions for the kids (making our lives easier). When we went to St. Kitts, we found ourselves hanging out at the huge pool most of the time and other times, going to the beach. We liked having a drink at the pool bar (even my daughter liked her virgin daquiries) as well as going to the beach to hunt for the perfect shell. We thought of the Caymans but it seems solely geared to beach and the hotel pools appear to be the size of my friend's pool (minor exag.) So the criteria is a place with a big pool, beach, large place like a Marriott in Aruba but somewhere new. Almost got mugged in downtown St. Lucia so the thought of going to Cancun with all the warnings makes me leery. If I'm wrong about Cancun or if Aruba is the best out there for me, let me know.
Help pick an island/Pool/Safe/Large --with Kids
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 2 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 3 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 4 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 5 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 6 Tipping at AI
- 7 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 8 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 9 Traveling Solo
- 10 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 11 A Volcanic Paradise
- 12 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 13 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 16 St. Kitts, the details
- 17 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 18 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 19 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 20 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?