My wife and I just came back from St Kitts. Previously, we went to Aruba twice. We like to be in a larger resort with a lot of distractions for the kids (making our lives easier). When we went to St. Kitts, we found ourselves hanging out at the huge pool most of the time and other times, going to the beach. We liked having a drink at the pool bar (even my daughter liked her virgin daquiries) as well as going to the beach to hunt for the perfect shell. We thought of the Caymans but it seems solely geared to beach and the hotel pools appear to be the size of my friend's pool (minor exag.) So the criteria is a place with a big pool, beach, large place like a Marriott in Aruba but somewhere new. Almost got mugged in downtown St. Lucia so the thought of going to Cancun with all the warnings makes me leery. If I'm wrong about Cancun or if Aruba is the best out there for me, let me know.
Help pick an island/Pool/Safe/Large --with Kids
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 2 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 3 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 4 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 5 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 6 Islands with great nightlife
- 7 month stay on a caribbean island
- 8 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 9 Where to stay on Vieques
- 10 Ferry to Rum Point
- 11 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 12 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 13 Family with infants/toddlers
- 14 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 15 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 16 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 17 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 18 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 19 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 20 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 21 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 22 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 23 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 24 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 25 Restaraunts in Barbados