My wife and I just came back from St Kitts. Previously, we went to Aruba twice. We like to be in a larger resort with a lot of distractions for the kids (making our lives easier). When we went to St. Kitts, we found ourselves hanging out at the huge pool most of the time and other times, going to the beach. We liked having a drink at the pool bar (even my daughter liked her virgin daquiries) as well as going to the beach to hunt for the perfect shell. We thought of the Caymans but it seems solely geared to beach and the hotel pools appear to be the size of my friend's pool (minor exag.) So the criteria is a place with a big pool, beach, large place like a Marriott in Aruba but somewhere new. Almost got mugged in downtown St. Lucia so the thought of going to Cancun with all the warnings makes me leery. If I'm wrong about Cancun or if Aruba is the best out there for me, let me know.
Help pick an island/Pool/Safe/Large --with Kids
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Last to open up in your brain into your particularly
- 2 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 3 AI resorts in Jamaica
- 4 Money in Jamaica
- 5 Florida or caribbean
- 6 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 7 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 8 Barbado Car rental
- 9 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 10 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 11 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 12 Death in Paradise
- 13 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 14 50+ where to dance?
- 15 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 16 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 17 dominican republic
- 18 Summer family vacation
- 19 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 20 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 21 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 22 St Martin
- 23 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 24 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 25 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West