My wife and I just came back from St Kitts. Previously, we went to Aruba twice. We like to be in a larger resort with a lot of distractions for the kids (making our lives easier). When we went to St. Kitts, we found ourselves hanging out at the huge pool most of the time and other times, going to the beach. We liked having a drink at the pool bar (even my daughter liked her virgin daquiries) as well as going to the beach to hunt for the perfect shell. We thought of the Caymans but it seems solely geared to beach and the hotel pools appear to be the size of my friend's pool (minor exag.) So the criteria is a place with a big pool, beach, large place like a Marriott in Aruba but somewhere new. Almost got mugged in downtown St. Lucia so the thought of going to Cancun with all the warnings makes me leery. If I'm wrong about Cancun or if Aruba is the best out there for me, let me know.
Help pick an island/Pool/Safe/Large --with Kids
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 2 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 3 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 4 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 5 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 6 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 7 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 8 Which island?
- 9 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 10 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 11 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 12 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 13 St. Croix and sea grass
- 14 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 15 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 16 Bahamas Resort
- 17 Which country?
- 18 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 19 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 20 Antigua or St Martin
- 21 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 22 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 23 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 24 montego bay
- 25 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks