My friend and I are thinking about doing some exploring in the Caribbean, but are having some trouble figuring out exactly where to go. Thanks to various trip reports and the likes on here, we have greatly narrowed down our list to five places: Bahamas, St. Martin, St. Lucia, Aruba and Anguilla.
Our two biggest interests are beautiful beaches and being able to explore/experience the local culture some. Neither of us are into partying at all, but Zip-lining is out since neither of us care for it, snorkeling/diving isn't that big of a priority compared to the aforementioned bigger interests.
We're thinking of doing up to two weeks next summer (June/July) at some point. Now, I know that is really far away, but we would like to start planning early so we can be saving up for it. Which leads me to my next point, both of us are still in college so of course we need watch the budget. Exactly how much are we giving ourselves for a budget? Well, that's another big part of why I am posting, we don't know exactly what to expect in terms of budget for any of these places.
We'd use either Fort Lauderdale or Miami as our US airport, whichever proves cheaper. We'd try to evenly split our time at each location as best as possible and as of now are thinking of two or three nights in each place, but if we, for example, only went to three of the places we are eyeing, we would adjust our schedule accordingly.
Finally, what exactly are we going to be looking at transportation wise between everything? Of course fly between the US and the Caribbean, but are we going to need ferries or flights to get to each of these locations? (Should also note that the order of this doesn't matter too much. We'll look for cheaper flights out of and into the US of course so if one place is cheaper for flying back to the US than another, we'll adjust our schedule to accommodate that.)
I hope I provided enough detail, but if there is anything I failed to mention, I'll be more than happy to post a reply on this thread with any more details that you feel I should provide.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 토토 총판 수입 《kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017 》
- 2 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 3 St. Barts
- 4 Restaurant Recommendations
- 5 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 6 Anguilla booked and now where else?
- 7 PR or USVI
- 8 Which Caribbean island?
- 9 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 10 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 11 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 12 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 13 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 14 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 15 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 16 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 17 5 days in Havana
- 18 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 19 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 20 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 21 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 22 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 23 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 24 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 25 Scrub Island Resort