I had started a different thread planning to go to the USVI, but then quickly realized that Puerto Rico might not be bad either.
- Family of three: Two year old daughter (2.5 at the time of travel), my wife and I.
- Easy going (with the kid you just can't to much)
- History/Culture lovers
A few things I was hoping for:
- Apartment on the beach/oceanfront (we had a similar apartment in Maui and loved it) with a kitchen. I am thinking VRBO should have a plethora of such apartments.
- A swimming pool on the complex sometimes help if the water is cold or the baby just wants to swim (as opposed to play in the sand/ocean)
- Relatively inexpensive. We can go $250 per night max (that would be my upper limit).
- I would prefer not to have madly crowded beaches where you can barely walk. People on the beach is nice (especially people with kids - since kids make friends easily with each other and love to play). Beaches with nice sand (not just rocks)
- Beautiful beaches with lovely views: I'm a photographer (amateur, but I like to think I'll go pro someday when I have nothing else to do ) and love taking good pictures.
- Shallow snorkeling water: Not sure how to describe this. The only time I went snorkeling was in Maui and the depth of the water, underwater view of the hull of the catamaran that took us out - both just freaked me out. So if I could just wade in a bit and swim around, that would be ideal.
- Decent food - variety especially since we're vegetarians.
- Safe: This goes without saying
- Good medical facilities. I'm not expecting something like UCSF which is close to us, but something that will assure us decent care in case of emergencies.
Also would appreciate if you can recommend which area of Puerto Rico we should stay in.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Birthday Celebration
- 2 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 3 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 4 Cuba in November
- 5 DR - All inclusive
- 6 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 7 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 8 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 9 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 10 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 11 Late May Trip
- 12 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 13 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Cheers to Beers!
- 16 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 17 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 18 New Years Eve / St John
- 19 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 20 Island Choice
- 21 Aruba Car Rental
- 22 If we loved Cayman...
- 23 Harbor Island ?? Anyone
- 24 Caribbean Christmas with teenagers
- 25 For the bluest water and whitest sand?