Thanks ahead of time for any help and advice. My wife is gonna be 50 this year. After a nice party with family and friends, I was thinking about booking a 10 -14 day trip to an island in the carib. Now, ANY AND ALL previous trips were researched, planned and booked by my better half. I want this to be a surprise. And I am spinning my wheels.....just when I think I've found the perfect place, something comes along and bam! I'm starting over again.
So, were 50. Not dead, but I couldn't spend the whole time exploring mountains, either. I'm looking for decent amounts of activity BUT real nice beaches, nice hotels or villas, fishing, shopping (but we are NOT shopaholics.) I guess beautiful blue water, some fishing, some sights, and a real nice place to stay are the most important. I would be more inclined to "rough" it a bit than my wife....and this IS her present.
My budget? Since I've never seen what we've spent in the past, I really don't know what is a little or a lot (like I said, my wife always did this) I guess 5 grand apiece for air and hotel is cool. I really want this to be a nice time for her and I HAVE GOTTEN IT DOWN to 4 islands..........I think......... but I'm open to ANY advice.
In order of what sounds the best....Barbados, anguilla, st lucia, st kitts and grenada.....oh, thats five, sorry. Sorry if I sould totally lost, but I AM!! Any help from the experienced?? Thanks I appreciate it.
PS. We gone to Aruba and Hawaii only. Traveling was always so expensive...but things are much better and I would LOVE to travel regularly...The stories I read here truly sound wonderful...Thank you.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/caribbean-atlantic/general-multi-country/hi-husband-looking-nice-50th-wife-need-big-time#ixzz0nuqfL3KA
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 2 Best weather/where to travel early November?!
- 3 No Mold - Family Friendly Place to Stay?
- 4 Girls' trip, after Anguilla
- 5 Grace Bay-where to stay
- 6 what island to go to Feb 2018)
- 7 Hiking in St. John
- 8 Reefs vs Fairmont Southampton?
- 9 Where to go - March/April 2018?
- 10 Honeymoon in October/November! Help!
- 11 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 12 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 13 Upcoming Cuba trip- 12 days
- 14 Changes to travel US-Cuba
- 15 Where in DR?
- 16 Honeymoon
- 17 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 18 Curacao times 2
- 19 Help us choose a caribbean location!
- 20 Barbados
- 21 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 22 Young Couple Looking for a beach/villa/nightlife
- 23 Help with August trip ideas
- 24 Airport transfer PUJ
- 25 We may not be going to Cuba after all