Thanks ahead of time for any help and advice. My wife is gonna be 50 this year. After a nice party with family and friends, I was thinking about booking a 10 -14 day trip to an island in the carib. Now, ANY AND ALL previous trips were researched, planned and booked by my better half. I want this to be a surprise. And I am spinning my wheels.....just when I think I've found the perfect place, something comes along and bam! I'm starting over again.
So, were 50. Not dead, but I couldn't spend the whole time exploring mountains, either. I'm looking for decent amounts of activity BUT real nice beaches, nice hotels or villas, fishing, shopping (but we are NOT shopaholics.) I guess beautiful blue water, some fishing, some sights, and a real nice place to stay are the most important. I would be more inclined to "rough" it a bit than my wife....and this IS her present.
My budget? Since I've never seen what we've spent in the past, I really don't know what is a little or a lot (like I said, my wife always did this) I guess 5 grand apiece for air and hotel is cool. I really want this to be a nice time for her and I HAVE GOTTEN IT DOWN to 4 islands..........I think......... but I'm open to ANY advice.
In order of what sounds the best....Barbados, anguilla, st lucia, st kitts and grenada.....oh, thats five, sorry. Sorry if I sould totally lost, but I AM!! Any help from the experienced?? Thanks I appreciate it.
PS. We gone to Aruba and Hawaii only. Traveling was always so expensive...but things are much better and I would LOVE to travel regularly...The stories I read here truly sound wonderful...Thank you.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/caribbean-atlantic/general-multi-country/hi-husband-looking-nice-50th-wife-need-big-time#ixzz0nuqfL3KA
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Nassau temp late Jan
- 2 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 3 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 4 St. Martin vs St. Maarten and what area or Antigua or Barbuda and what area
- 5 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 6 Sandals, Montego Bay
- 7 Jamaica - Couples Negril or Sandals Royal Caribbean (Montego)
- 8 Any All-Inclusive Resort Recommendations?
- 9 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 10 West Coast US and Carribean
- 11 Hotel Suggestion in Puerto Plata
- 12 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 13 Can acouple travel to Havana for 3 or 4 days legally as tourists??
- 14 20 Somethings on a Budget
- 15 Transportation to Exuma
- 16 St. John USVI
- 17 Caribbean Honeymoon in Dec - Where to Go?
- 18 Tour advice
- 19 Help with where to staty- last minute Sept trip Eluethera
- 20 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 21 Cuba itinerary
- 22 Chicago to Caribbean with toddler
- 23 Puerto Plata-hotel recommendations and things to do
- 24 Puerto Plata/Playa Dorado/things to do/security/travelling about??
- 25 Girlfriend Getaway in Puerto Plata - Where to Stay?