Thanks ahead of time for any help and advice. My wife is gonna be 50 this year. After a nice party with family and friends, I was thinking about booking a 10 -14 day trip to an island in the carib. Now, ANY AND ALL previous trips were researched, planned and booked by my better half. I want this to be a surprise. And I am spinning my wheels.....just when I think I've found the perfect place, something comes along and bam! I'm starting over again.
So, were 50. Not dead, but I couldn't spend the whole time exploring mountains, either. I'm looking for decent amounts of activity BUT real nice beaches, nice hotels or villas, fishing, shopping (but we are NOT shopaholics.) I guess beautiful blue water, some fishing, some sights, and a real nice place to stay are the most important. I would be more inclined to "rough" it a bit than my wife....and this IS her present.
My budget? Since I've never seen what we've spent in the past, I really don't know what is a little or a lot (like I said, my wife always did this) I guess 5 grand apiece for air and hotel is cool. I really want this to be a nice time for her and I HAVE GOTTEN IT DOWN to 4 islands..........I think......... but I'm open to ANY advice.
In order of what sounds the best....Barbados, anguilla, st lucia, st kitts and grenada.....oh, thats five, sorry. Sorry if I sould totally lost, but I AM!! Any help from the experienced?? Thanks I appreciate it.
PS. We gone to Aruba and Hawaii only. Traveling was always so expensive...but things are much better and I would LOVE to travel regularly...The stories I read here truly sound wonderful...Thank you.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/caribbean-atlantic/general-multi-country/hi-husband-looking-nice-50th-wife-need-big-time#ixzz0nuqfL3KA
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 DR vs. Mexico
- 2 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 3 Surf Fly Fishing
- 4 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 5 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 6 Family of 5 undecided island
- 7 Christmas 2017
- 8 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 9 Honeymoon Help!!
- 10 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 11 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 12 All inclusive
- 13 BVI trip questions
- 14 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 15 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 16 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 17 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 18 family resort ideas?
- 19 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 20 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 21 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 22 First time to Puerto Rico
- 23 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 24 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 25 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018