Thanks ahead of time for any help and advice. My wife is gonna be 50 this year. After a nice party with family and friends, I was thinking about booking a 10 -14 day trip to an island in the carib. Now, ANY AND ALL previous trips were researched, planned and booked by my better half. I want this to be a surprise. And I am spinning my wheels.....just when I think I've found the perfect place, something comes along and bam! I'm starting over again.
So, were 50. Not dead, but I couldn't spend the whole time exploring mountains, either. I'm looking for decent amounts of activity BUT real nice beaches, nice hotels or villas, fishing, shopping (but we are NOT shopaholics.) I guess beautiful blue water, some fishing, some sights, and a real nice place to stay are the most important. I would be more inclined to "rough" it a bit than my wife....and this IS her present.
My budget? Since I've never seen what we've spent in the past, I really don't know what is a little or a lot (like I said, my wife always did this) I guess 5 grand apiece for air and hotel is cool. I really want this to be a nice time for her and I HAVE GOTTEN IT DOWN to 4 islands..........I think......... but I'm open to ANY advice.
In order of what sounds the best....Barbados, anguilla, st lucia, st kitts and grenada.....oh, thats five, sorry. Sorry if I sould totally lost, but I AM!! Any help from the experienced?? Thanks I appreciate it.
PS. We gone to Aruba and Hawaii only. Traveling was always so expensive...but things are much better and I would LOVE to travel regularly...The stories I read here truly sound wonderful...Thank you.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/caribbean-atlantic/general-multi-country/hi-husband-looking-nice-50th-wife-need-big-time#ixzz0nuqfL3KA
Help me! I'm new at booking vacations!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 2 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 Advice needed
- 5 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 6 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 7 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 8 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 9 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 10 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 11 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 12 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 13 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 14 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 15 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 16 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 17 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 18 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 19 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 20 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 21 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 22 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 23 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 24 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 25 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica