Thanks ahead of time for any help and advice. My wife is gonna be 50 this year. After a nice party with family and friends, I was thinking about booking a 10 -14 day trip to an island in the carib. Now, ANY AND ALL previous trips were researched, planned and booked by my better half. I want this to be a surprise. And I am spinning my wheels.....just when I think I've found the perfect place, something comes along and bam! I'm starting over again.
So, were 50. Not dead, but I couldn't spend the whole time exploring mountains, either. I'm looking for decent amounts of activity BUT real nice beaches, nice hotels or villas, fishing, shopping (but we are NOT shopaholics.) I guess beautiful blue water, some fishing, some sights, and a real nice place to stay are the most important. I would be more inclined to "rough" it a bit than my wife....and this IS her present.
My budget? Since I've never seen what we've spent in the past, I really don't know what is a little or a lot (like I said, my wife always did this) I guess 5 grand apiece for air and hotel is cool. I really want this to be a nice time for her and I HAVE GOTTEN IT DOWN to 4 islands..........I think......... but I'm open to ANY advice.
In order of what sounds the best....Barbados, anguilla, st lucia, st kitts and grenada.....oh, thats five, sorry. Sorry if I sould totally lost, but I AM!! Any help from the experienced?? Thanks I appreciate it.
PS. We gone to Aruba and Hawaii only. Traveling was always so expensive...but things are much better and I would LOVE to travel regularly...The stories I read here truly sound wonderful...Thank you.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/caribbean-atlantic/general-multi-country/hi-husband-looking-nice-50th-wife-need-big-time#ixzz0nuqfL3KA
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Creative@:verizon Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 verizon 24*7
- 2 Creative@:verizon Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 verizon 24*7
- 3 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 4 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 5 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 6 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 7 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 8 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 9 Restaurant Recommendations
- 10 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 11 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 12 Family vacation
- 13 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 14 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 15 PR or USVI
- 16 Havana Hotel
- 17 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 18 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 19 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 20 Cayman Islands Currency
- 21 Virgin Gorda BVI
- 22 Martinique June 4th - 16th
- 23 Where to rent in St. John? and other questions
- 24 What foods can be taken to Providenciales
- 25 Havana