My first post here:
My Fiance' and I are looking into traveling to the Eastern Caribbean for our honey moon, and I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out which island I want to go to. I will list some of the things I am looking for, and not looking for. I will also list some of the things I like or don't like about some of the islands I have looked into and maybe it can help give an idea.
1) beautiful white sand and crystal blue water is a must
2) resort must be all inclusive
We are looking at spending 10-14 days, and will get much of our enjoyment and time out of simply relaxing on a white sand beach with a drink in our hand surrounded by good food. However; we do love to travel and adventure around. So having the option of things to do outside the resort is great as well.
We would like to be able to travel the local city and feel safe, the option of renting a captain and catamaran for the day and sailing to near by islands and relaxing would be a HUGE PLUS. Zip lining and other activities would be a plus as well.
We do not want to be in a busy; americanized place. We would like for there to be activities and things to do, but not feel like we are back in the states. We want to experience the true life of the Caribbean
I have looked into a few places
St. Thomas: It seems too busy, and too americanized. Biggest plus is taking a Catamaran to nearby islands for the day
St Lucia. Love the scenery, the things to do, but do not like the "volcanic sand" on the island
would love to have access to great snorkeling waters as well
Also, price is of consideration so if there is a great difference between one suggestion to another please just let me know a cost comparison and then I can decide from there
Thank you so much in advance for all of the help
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 2 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 3 BVI trip questions
- 4 Curaçao and girls?
- 5 Small Carribean Hotel
- 6 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 7 Punta Cana Excursions
- 8 customs questions
- 9 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 10 Nassau Bahamas
- 11 Biking in Caribbean
- 12 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 13 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 14 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 15 Help with how long on each island.
- 16 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 17 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 18 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 19 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 20 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 21 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 22 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 23 Hiking in St. John
- 24 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 25 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
My first post here: