My first post here:
My Fiance' and I are looking into traveling to the Eastern Caribbean for our honey moon, and I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out which island I want to go to. I will list some of the things I am looking for, and not looking for. I will also list some of the things I like or don't like about some of the islands I have looked into and maybe it can help give an idea.
1) beautiful white sand and crystal blue water is a must
2) resort must be all inclusive
We are looking at spending 10-14 days, and will get much of our enjoyment and time out of simply relaxing on a white sand beach with a drink in our hand surrounded by good food. However; we do love to travel and adventure around. So having the option of things to do outside the resort is great as well.
We would like to be able to travel the local city and feel safe, the option of renting a captain and catamaran for the day and sailing to near by islands and relaxing would be a HUGE PLUS. Zip lining and other activities would be a plus as well.
We do not want to be in a busy; americanized place. We would like for there to be activities and things to do, but not feel like we are back in the states. We want to experience the true life of the Caribbean
I have looked into a few places
St. Thomas: It seems too busy, and too americanized. Biggest plus is taking a Catamaran to nearby islands for the day
St Lucia. Love the scenery, the things to do, but do not like the "volcanic sand" on the island
would love to have access to great snorkeling waters as well
Also, price is of consideration so if there is a great difference between one suggestion to another please just let me know a cost comparison and then I can decide from there
Thank you so much in advance for all of the help
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 2 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 3 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 4 5 days in Havana
- 5 PR or USVI
- 6 Which Caribbean island?
- 7 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 8 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 9 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 10 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 11 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 12 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 13 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 14 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 15 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 16 Scrub Island Resort
- 17 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 18 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 19 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 20 Wedding Destinations???
- 21 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 22 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 23 Down to two in January have we got it right
- 24 Where to stay in Barbados July 1-11
- 25 Hospital and doctors in St. Barth
My first post here: