We are flying to St Martin next month with our three teenage daughters and we are looking for an island to split time with. We need to walk a fine line here because my wife and I prefer the more boutique hotels on quiet islands whereas our girls are going to want something with a bit more activity (by activity I mean daytime pursuits, we're not into nightlife). Given that we will be on St Martin for at least 3 days, we don't need to be somewhere with a lot of commercial activity. We do need to be able to get there easily by boat or plane and we want to go somewhere we haven't been before (that rules out St Barts, Anguilla, Antigua and Virgin Gorda). We were thinking about either the Buccaneer at St Croix or the Marriott at St Kitts. Both of these islands seem to be peaceful (good for the grown ups) and the resorts are large enough to entertain the kids. I'm leaning towards ST Kitts because it is cheaper to stay and get to. I threw Tortola in the mix because it sounds like a beautiful, tranquil place. I just don't think there are any resorts that would interest the kids. I've also thought about Nevis but i think the resorts are also too small since the 4 seasons is closed. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
help me choose between st kitts, st croix and tortola
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 2 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 5 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 6 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 7 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 8 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 9 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 10 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 11 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 12 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 17 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 18 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 19 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 20 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 21 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 22 Which island?
- 23 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 24 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 25 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John