We are flying to St Martin next month with our three teenage daughters and we are looking for an island to split time with. We need to walk a fine line here because my wife and I prefer the more boutique hotels on quiet islands whereas our girls are going to want something with a bit more activity (by activity I mean daytime pursuits, we're not into nightlife). Given that we will be on St Martin for at least 3 days, we don't need to be somewhere with a lot of commercial activity. We do need to be able to get there easily by boat or plane and we want to go somewhere we haven't been before (that rules out St Barts, Anguilla, Antigua and Virgin Gorda). We were thinking about either the Buccaneer at St Croix or the Marriott at St Kitts. Both of these islands seem to be peaceful (good for the grown ups) and the resorts are large enough to entertain the kids. I'm leaning towards ST Kitts because it is cheaper to stay and get to. I threw Tortola in the mix because it sounds like a beautiful, tranquil place. I just don't think there are any resorts that would interest the kids. I've also thought about Nevis but i think the resorts are also too small since the 4 seasons is closed. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
help me choose between st kitts, st croix and tortola
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 2 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 3 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 4 Islands with great nightlife
- 5 month stay on a caribbean island
- 6 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 7 Where to stay on Vieques
- 8 Ferry to Rum Point
- 9 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 10 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 11 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 12 Family with infants/toddlers
- 13 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 14 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 15 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 16 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 17 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 18 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 19 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 20 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 21 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 22 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 23 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 24 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 25 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?