We are flying to St Martin next month with our three teenage daughters and we are looking for an island to split time with. We need to walk a fine line here because my wife and I prefer the more boutique hotels on quiet islands whereas our girls are going to want something with a bit more activity (by activity I mean daytime pursuits, we're not into nightlife). Given that we will be on St Martin for at least 3 days, we don't need to be somewhere with a lot of commercial activity. We do need to be able to get there easily by boat or plane and we want to go somewhere we haven't been before (that rules out St Barts, Anguilla, Antigua and Virgin Gorda). We were thinking about either the Buccaneer at St Croix or the Marriott at St Kitts. Both of these islands seem to be peaceful (good for the grown ups) and the resorts are large enough to entertain the kids. I'm leaning towards ST Kitts because it is cheaper to stay and get to. I threw Tortola in the mix because it sounds like a beautiful, tranquil place. I just don't think there are any resorts that would interest the kids. I've also thought about Nevis but i think the resorts are also too small since the 4 seasons is closed. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
help me choose between st kitts, st croix and tortola
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 2 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 3 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 4 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 5 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 6 shore excursions
- 7 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 8 just be careful
- 9 Restaurants in Aruba
- 10 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 11 Snorkeling
- 12 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 13 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 14 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 15 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 16 Bahamas girls trip
- 17 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 18 Safe for Family
- 19 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 20 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 21 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 22 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 23 Curacao vs Barbados
- 24 Honeymoon Destination
- 25 Solo backpacking in Cuba