I have never been to the Caribbean since a beach vacation had never interested me before - but now I am ready to try sitting on an island away from all the stress of life and enjoy the slower pace. My boyfriend and I are hoping to go somewhere for 2 weeks in August - and the longer I am looking the more overwhelmed I feel. Help!
What I'm looking for:
- a place that is not completely overrun with tourists - it's fine if there is "nothing to do" there, e.g. no need for discos, etc.
- natural beauty, if possible some topography, not completely flat. A volcano would be ideal!
- someplace that's not insanely expensive (including the flights). We are fine with layovers and taking local boats and staying in small hostels/family owned pensions, no need for luxury and convenience.
Any leads for me? I had thought Providencia Island originally, but it would be great to find a place a little cheaper to fly to...
Thank you so much for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 토토총판 모집 [ kakao: BL45텔레그램 : kor7m]
- 2 Curaçao and girls?
- 3 Small Carribean Hotel
- 4 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 5 Punta Cana Excursions
- 6 customs questions
- 7 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 8 Nassau Bahamas
- 9 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 10 Biking in Caribbean
- 11 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 12 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 13 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 14 Help with how long on each island.
- 15 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 16 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 17 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 18 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 19 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 20 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 21 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 22 Hiking in St. John
- 23 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 24 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 25 celebrating husband's 50th birthday AI suggestions needed