I have never been to the Caribbean since a beach vacation had never interested me before - but now I am ready to try sitting on an island away from all the stress of life and enjoy the slower pace. My boyfriend and I are hoping to go somewhere for 2 weeks in August - and the longer I am looking the more overwhelmed I feel. Help!
What I'm looking for:
- a place that is not completely overrun with tourists - it's fine if there is "nothing to do" there, e.g. no need for discos, etc.
- natural beauty, if possible some topography, not completely flat. A volcano would be ideal!
- someplace that's not insanely expensive (including the flights). We are fine with layovers and taking local boats and staying in small hostels/family owned pensions, no need for luxury and convenience.
Any leads for me? I had thought Providencia Island originally, but it would be great to find a place a little cheaper to fly to...
Thank you so much for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 RICOH Printer Fixed CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 3 St. Vincent - Boat hire or day tour?
- 4 Cuba: 4.5 days,4 nights
- 5 Havana
- 6 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 7 Barbados-how about this place?
- 8 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 9 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 10 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 11 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 12 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 13 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 14 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 15 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 16 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 17 Restaurant Recommendations
- 18 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 19 Family vacation
- 20 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 21 PR or USVI
- 22 Havana Hotel
- 23 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 24 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 25 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report