I have never been to the Caribbean since a beach vacation had never interested me before - but now I am ready to try sitting on an island away from all the stress of life and enjoy the slower pace. My boyfriend and I are hoping to go somewhere for 2 weeks in August - and the longer I am looking the more overwhelmed I feel. Help!
What I'm looking for:
- a place that is not completely overrun with tourists - it's fine if there is "nothing to do" there, e.g. no need for discos, etc.
- natural beauty, if possible some topography, not completely flat. A volcano would be ideal!
- someplace that's not insanely expensive (including the flights). We are fine with layovers and taking local boats and staying in small hostels/family owned pensions, no need for luxury and convenience.
Any leads for me? I had thought Providencia Island originally, but it would be great to find a place a little cheaper to fly to...
Thank you so much for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Snorkeling Couple need to narrow down island - May/April
- 2 island advice for 7 night end of march
- 3 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 4 Cienfugas and Santiago--tours??
- 5 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 6 Family of 5 undecided island
- 7 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 8 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 9 Suggestions for what to do/see in St. Martin/Maarten
- 10 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 11 Tortola next week
- 12 Summer trip
- 13 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 14 DR vs. Mexico
- 15 Surf Fly Fishing
- 16 Christmas 2017
- 17 Honeymoon Help!!
- 18 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 19 All inclusive
- 20 BVI trip questions
- 21 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 22 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 23 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 24 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 25 family resort ideas?