I have never been to the Caribbean since a beach vacation had never interested me before - but now I am ready to try sitting on an island away from all the stress of life and enjoy the slower pace. My boyfriend and I are hoping to go somewhere for 2 weeks in August - and the longer I am looking the more overwhelmed I feel. Help!
What I'm looking for:
- a place that is not completely overrun with tourists - it's fine if there is "nothing to do" there, e.g. no need for discos, etc.
- natural beauty, if possible some topography, not completely flat. A volcano would be ideal!
- someplace that's not insanely expensive (including the flights). We are fine with layovers and taking local boats and staying in small hostels/family owned pensions, no need for luxury and convenience.
Any leads for me? I had thought Providencia Island originally, but it would be great to find a place a little cheaper to fly to...
Thank you so much for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba via cruise
- 2 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 3 Is everything open on elbow cay in early nov?
- 4 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 5 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 6 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 7 Cuba Help
- 8 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 9 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 10 Living in the Caribbean
- 11 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 12 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 13 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 14 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 15 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 16 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 17 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 18 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 19 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 20 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 21 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 22 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 23 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 24 St. Croix
- 25 St Kitts & Irma