I LOVE reading the comments and suggestions from everyone regarding their Carribben experiences. Especially the more experienced travelers so I'm hoping you can help. My fiance and I are trying to decide where to go on our honeymoon in May 2010. We switched from Hawaii and wanted to pick something more unique/exotic. Some places we've visited include, Mo Bay Jamaica, PR, Bahamas, USVI, DR and Mexico. We'd like to try some place new to explore together. Our preferences: picturesque property, peaceful, more adults than children, good service and food, local tour options, some nightlife. Requirements: beach property, relatively simple travel from US East Coast (max 1 lay over). Bonus: plunge or private pool. Flexible: AI or non-AI, resort or boutique. We really enjoyed Half Moon (Jamaica) and would love to mirror or exceed their level of service and food.
After speaking to other folks, we're considering Turks & Caicos, Aruba, or Curacao, but looking for some insight. We'd also like to incorporate some type of honeymoon registry to maximize our trip, if possible.
Your thoughts are much appreciated.
Continued safe travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 2 Island with golf
- 3 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 4 During times of need, let us donate for Nepal earthquake victims
- 5 St Thomas vs Puerto Rico
- 6 Location for 40th birthday celebration with friends
- 7 St. Martin/St. Maarten
- 8 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 9 travelling to St kitt and nervis
- 10 45th Birthday Celebration-Help!
- 11 Choosing an island
- 12 Reduit Beach is being ruined
- 13 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 14 Cabarete & Las Canas, DR: Where can I get info?
- 15 cabarete, dominican republic
- 16 First time Santo Domingo
- 17 20th anniversary
- 18 St. Bart's
- 19 Bahamas girls trip
- 20 Advice on choosing an island...
- 21 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 22 American Express Card in Bermuda
- 23 Grand Cayman January
- 24 Martinique Blog
- 25 Why don't more Fodorites consider St Croix?