My boyfriend and I are trying to plan a trip to a nice beach somewhere to go this December or January (most likely end of January). We both have lots and lots of travel points with Southwest, so ideally we would go somewhere that SW travels to (i.e. Aruba, Belize, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Bahamas, and DR). However, it's not a total must if we can find another great option.
We want to try to spend less than $1K each, including flight, food/drink, accommodation, activities, everything (I know, we're cheap). Ideally 4 nights, since it's hard to take off work. We'll be heading from Washington, DC.
We are totally new to vacationing in the Caribbean and have no idea what to look for. All-inclusive? Airbnb? Basic hotel on the beach? WE HAVE NO IDEA. We are open to anything. The only thing I would like us to have is something that is easy, which is why we are leaning towards all-inclusive stuff. But having never done an all-inclusive trip, I'm wondering how to know if it's worth the price (aka is it better/more fun to cook for yourself/have the freedom to go out to different restaurants, etc.?). If you have any suggestions based on your own experience, please share!
I am also looking for something that can offer a variety of activities, including snorkeling, scuba diving (at an affordable price), maybe a place that can offer scenic hikes/other cool stuff like that (I like hikes because they're free!), paddle boarding, etc.
In addition, I think it's important that we go to a place that is unique, and is unlike something we could just find here in the continental U.S. I'd like to go somewhere that has a cool town that we could explore and meet local people. Otherwise, I don't see the point in dishing out the time/effort to go somewhere seemingly "exotic".
I know this is all very vague, but as you can see, I just need some general advice here... HELP!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 (U.S) AOL Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 AOL Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 3 Upcoming Cuba trip- 12 days
- 4 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 5 Best weather/where to travel early November?!
- 6 Changes to travel US-Cuba
- 7 No Mold - Family Friendly Place to Stay?
- 8 Girls' trip, after Anguilla
- 9 Grace Bay-where to stay
- 10 what island to go to Feb 2018)
- 11 Hiking in St. John
- 12 Reefs vs Fairmont Southampton?
- 13 Where to go - March/April 2018?
- 14 Honeymoon in October/November! Help!
- 15 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 16 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 17 Where in DR?
- 18 Honeymoon
- 19 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 20 Curacao times 2
- 21 Help us choose a caribbean location!
- 22 Barbados
- 23 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 24 Young Couple Looking for a beach/villa/nightlife
- 25 Help with August trip ideas
HELP! First-time vacationer to Caribbean in need expertise