I am looking for ideas of where to go on our upcoming anniversary in October 2016, just the two of us. We went to St. John for our honeymoon 5 years ago - loved it - but not in the budget this year. We are open to any suggestions! Here's what we do want:
1. Remote - a villa with preferably no neighbors or neighbors not close. We do not want a crowded island at all!!!
2. A villa with a pool and if possible a hot tub but not necessary.
3. Not overly buggy. We didn't find St. John to have an issue at all and the only concern we have is mosquitos, other than that we don't care - we live full time in the woods.
4. Does not have to be by the beach in fact we prefer the mountains. We know how to drive to a beach even though we don't frequent them often.
4. We will be renting a car.
5. We don't need things to do we are very happy hanging out quite a bit at the villa, cooking for ourselves and relaxing. We are definitely not looking for the bar scene!
6. Price $200 or less a night, preferably or around $1500-$1700 a week.
Any help, ideas, etc. would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 2 Honeymoon Help!!
- 3 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 4 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 5 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 6 Bermuda
- 7 Restaurant Suggestions
- 8 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 9 Aruba weather
- 10 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 11 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 12 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 13 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 14 Taxi info. Self touring
- 15 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 16 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 17 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 18 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 19 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 20 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 21 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 22 Tips for Foodie Adventurers in Puerto Rico
- 23 Want to snorkel from hotel beach
- 24 St Lucia - Anse Chastenat - Crazy rate for a basic room without any confort
- 25 Great snorkeling, on the beach hotel