I am looking for ideas of where to go on our upcoming anniversary in October 2016, just the two of us. We went to St. John for our honeymoon 5 years ago - loved it - but not in the budget this year. We are open to any suggestions! Here's what we do want:
1. Remote - a villa with preferably no neighbors or neighbors not close. We do not want a crowded island at all!!!
2. A villa with a pool and if possible a hot tub but not necessary.
3. Not overly buggy. We didn't find St. John to have an issue at all and the only concern we have is mosquitos, other than that we don't care - we live full time in the woods.
4. Does not have to be by the beach in fact we prefer the mountains. We know how to drive to a beach even though we don't frequent them often.
4. We will be renting a car.
5. We don't need things to do we are very happy hanging out quite a bit at the villa, cooking for ourselves and relaxing. We are definitely not looking for the bar scene!
6. Price $200 or less a night, preferably or around $1500-$1700 a week.
Any help, ideas, etc. would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 2 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 3 Cuba weather in March
- 4 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 5 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 6 aruba planning advice
- 7 Move to grand cayman
- 8 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 9 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 10 Malaria Punta Cana
- 11 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 12 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 13 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 14 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 15 New Destination
- 16 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 17 Bahamas help
- 18 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 19 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 20 Vacation suggestion, please
- 21 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 22 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 23 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 24 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 25 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?