I'm trying to plan a vacation for March that involves beach and lots of other adventurous activities. Last year summer we went to Nicaragua for a week, did the Big and Little corn islands, and then went to Leon. We hiked, walked, snorkeled, rode motorcycles through the jungle, laid on the beach, volcano hiked at night, and did the volcano boarding. Last summer we went to Hawaii and did Oahu and Maui and did the sunrise bike down haleakala, snorkeled, part of the road to Hana, surfing lessons and more. We loved those vacations, and are looking to experience a new place with lots to do. We don't scuba, but are a very active family of 5 adults and like to do most other adventure type activities. I've heard Dominica is neat with the canyoning and volcanoes, and my brother has been to Costa Rica, I have heard that is also nice. We were also considering Belize, possibly Cuba or another Hawaiian island. We really enjoy the combo of things to do with beach time, do you have any recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 2 Ideal wedding island
- 3 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 4 Help with small wedding location
- 5 First time visitors
- 6 Help choosing next vacation??
- 7 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 8 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 9 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 10 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 11 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 12 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 13 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 14 St. Croix
- 15 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 16 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 17 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 18 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 19 Island Hopping
- 20 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 21 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Havana restaurants
- 24 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 25 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort