I'm trying to plan a vacation for March that involves beach and lots of other adventurous activities. Last year summer we went to Nicaragua for a week, did the Big and Little corn islands, and then went to Leon. We hiked, walked, snorkeled, rode motorcycles through the jungle, laid on the beach, volcano hiked at night, and did the volcano boarding. Last summer we went to Hawaii and did Oahu and Maui and did the sunrise bike down haleakala, snorkeled, part of the road to Hana, surfing lessons and more. We loved those vacations, and are looking to experience a new place with lots to do. We don't scuba, but are a very active family of 5 adults and like to do most other adventure type activities. I've heard Dominica is neat with the canyoning and volcanoes, and my brother has been to Costa Rica, I have heard that is also nice. We were also considering Belize, possibly Cuba or another Hawaiian island. We really enjoy the combo of things to do with beach time, do you have any recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 2 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 3 when to visit barbados
- 4 Honeymoon Help!!
- 5 Barbados Beaches
- 6 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 7 Punta Cana
- 8 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 9 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 10 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 11 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 12 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 13 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 14 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 15 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 16 Restaurant Recommendations
- 17 Trouble booking hotels!
- 18 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 19 Airport transfer PUJ
- 20 Bahama's outer island
- 21 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 22 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 23 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 24 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 25 40 min layover in CLT