Thanks to all of your previous posts, my boyfriend and I have chosen Grenada as a last minute vacation spot. (finally a vacation after 2 years!)
Since everything is last minute, a lot of options are booked, but we did manage to get the LAE Cottages for 5 nights. That leaves us with 2 nights to find a place to stay. Of the available options that are different from LAE, we've narrowed it down to Bel Air and Maca Bana.
Bel Air ($350 a night for a 1 bedroom cottage) - seems a bit isolated with no beach, but it might be nice to get away from it all for the tail end of our vacation. Most of the reviews are good, but some are a little negative.
Maca Bana ($550 for a deluxe villa) - this place gets GLOWING reviews. Right on a nice beach, luxury digs, private hot tub on the private deck. Sounds awesome but expensive.
I am really leaning towards Maca Bana, but my boyfriend is hesitant due to the price (think of the extravagant meals and excursions we could have for the extra 400!). Also, since it's last minute, our flights were a bit pricey.
Insights? Advice? What would you do?
Thanks again, and thanks mymoosie for the awesome trip advice (i think we're going to take a flight to Union Island and do a Grenadines sailing trip)!
p.s. we tried to do a bid on sky auction for la luna and they were booked until april! we took a risk and waited on the bid and in that time airfare went up $200 each. If any of you do sky auction and your vacation is close, make sure to call the hotel...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 2 BVI trip questions
- 3 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 4 DR vs. Mexico
- 5 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 6 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 7 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 8 Family of 5 undecided island
- 9 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 10 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 11 family resort ideas?
- 12 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 13 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 14 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 15 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 16 First time to Puerto Rico
- 17 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 18 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 19 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 20 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 21 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 22 Punta Cana
- 23 Is St. Maarten Carnival safe?
- 24 US Virgin Isl. first time which resort?
- 25 Which island(s)?