Thanks to all of your previous posts, my boyfriend and I have chosen Grenada as a last minute vacation spot. (finally a vacation after 2 years!)
Since everything is last minute, a lot of options are booked, but we did manage to get the LAE Cottages for 5 nights. That leaves us with 2 nights to find a place to stay. Of the available options that are different from LAE, we've narrowed it down to Bel Air and Maca Bana.
Bel Air ($350 a night for a 1 bedroom cottage) - seems a bit isolated with no beach, but it might be nice to get away from it all for the tail end of our vacation. Most of the reviews are good, but some are a little negative.
Maca Bana ($550 for a deluxe villa) - this place gets GLOWING reviews. Right on a nice beach, luxury digs, private hot tub on the private deck. Sounds awesome but expensive.
I am really leaning towards Maca Bana, but my boyfriend is hesitant due to the price (think of the extravagant meals and excursions we could have for the extra 400!). Also, since it's last minute, our flights were a bit pricey.
Insights? Advice? What would you do?
Thanks again, and thanks mymoosie for the awesome trip advice (i think we're going to take a flight to Union Island and do a Grenadines sailing trip)!
p.s. we tried to do a bid on sky auction for la luna and they were booked until april! we took a risk and waited on the bid and in that time airfare went up $200 each. If any of you do sky auction and your vacation is close, make sure to call the hotel...
Grenada Hotel Choice - Bel Air or Maca Bana
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 2 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 3 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 4 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 5 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 6 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 7 Tipping at AI
- 8 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 9 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 10 Traveling Solo
- 11 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 12 A Volcanic Paradise
- 13 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 14 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 15 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 16 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 17 St. Kitts, the details
- 18 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 19 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 20 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?