Thanks to all of your previous posts, my boyfriend and I have chosen Grenada as a last minute vacation spot. (finally a vacation after 2 years!)
Since everything is last minute, a lot of options are booked, but we did manage to get the LAE Cottages for 5 nights. That leaves us with 2 nights to find a place to stay. Of the available options that are different from LAE, we've narrowed it down to Bel Air and Maca Bana.
Bel Air ($350 a night for a 1 bedroom cottage) - seems a bit isolated with no beach, but it might be nice to get away from it all for the tail end of our vacation. Most of the reviews are good, but some are a little negative.
Maca Bana ($550 for a deluxe villa) - this place gets GLOWING reviews. Right on a nice beach, luxury digs, private hot tub on the private deck. Sounds awesome but expensive.
I am really leaning towards Maca Bana, but my boyfriend is hesitant due to the price (think of the extravagant meals and excursions we could have for the extra 400!). Also, since it's last minute, our flights were a bit pricey.
Insights? Advice? What would you do?
Thanks again, and thanks mymoosie for the awesome trip advice (i think we're going to take a flight to Union Island and do a Grenadines sailing trip)!
p.s. we tried to do a bid on sky auction for la luna and they were booked until april! we took a risk and waited on the bid and in that time airfare went up $200 each. If any of you do sky auction and your vacation is close, make sure to call the hotel...
Grenada Hotel Choice - Bel Air or Maca Bana
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Too many choices.....
- 2 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 3 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 4 Best Island for Me?
- 5 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 6 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 7 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 8 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 9 Cuba with Gate 1
- 10 Anguilla stay?
- 11 Why Barbados?
- 12 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 13 Back from San Juan
- 14 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 15 San Juan Airport
- 16 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 17 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 18 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 19 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 20 Storm ?
- 21 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 22 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 23 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 24 Kristen- where are you?????
- 25 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????