Thanks to all of your previous posts, my boyfriend and I have chosen Grenada as a last minute vacation spot. (finally a vacation after 2 years!)
Since everything is last minute, a lot of options are booked, but we did manage to get the LAE Cottages for 5 nights. That leaves us with 2 nights to find a place to stay. Of the available options that are different from LAE, we've narrowed it down to Bel Air and Maca Bana.
Bel Air ($350 a night for a 1 bedroom cottage) - seems a bit isolated with no beach, but it might be nice to get away from it all for the tail end of our vacation. Most of the reviews are good, but some are a little negative.
Maca Bana ($550 for a deluxe villa) - this place gets GLOWING reviews. Right on a nice beach, luxury digs, private hot tub on the private deck. Sounds awesome but expensive.
I am really leaning towards Maca Bana, but my boyfriend is hesitant due to the price (think of the extravagant meals and excursions we could have for the extra 400!). Also, since it's last minute, our flights were a bit pricey.
Insights? Advice? What would you do?
Thanks again, and thanks mymoosie for the awesome trip advice (i think we're going to take a flight to Union Island and do a Grenadines sailing trip)!
p.s. we tried to do a bid on sky auction for la luna and they were booked until april! we took a risk and waited on the bid and in that time airfare went up $200 each. If any of you do sky auction and your vacation is close, make sure to call the hotel...
Grenada Hotel Choice - Bel Air or Maca Bana
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 2 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 3 T&C Airfare Volatility?
- 4 AI in Punta Cana
- 5 ATLANTIS lately?
- 6 St Thomas lodging before flight home
- 7 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 8 Need Puerto Rico location advice
- 9 Romantic, 30th Birthday for my girlfriend Trip - I NEED HELP!
- 10 Jamaica - Negril, Ochos Rio, or MB?
- 11 Best island for a villa rental
- 12 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 Which Island?
- 15 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 16 Best Caribbean All Inclusive for Teens?
- 17 Punta Cana?
- 18 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 19 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 20 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 21 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 22 Advice needed
- 23 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 24 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 25 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7