Thanks to all of your previous posts, my boyfriend and I have chosen Grenada as a last minute vacation spot. (finally a vacation after 2 years!)
Since everything is last minute, a lot of options are booked, but we did manage to get the LAE Cottages for 5 nights. That leaves us with 2 nights to find a place to stay. Of the available options that are different from LAE, we've narrowed it down to Bel Air and Maca Bana.
Bel Air ($350 a night for a 1 bedroom cottage) - seems a bit isolated with no beach, but it might be nice to get away from it all for the tail end of our vacation. Most of the reviews are good, but some are a little negative.
Maca Bana ($550 for a deluxe villa) - this place gets GLOWING reviews. Right on a nice beach, luxury digs, private hot tub on the private deck. Sounds awesome but expensive.
I am really leaning towards Maca Bana, but my boyfriend is hesitant due to the price (think of the extravagant meals and excursions we could have for the extra 400!). Also, since it's last minute, our flights were a bit pricey.
Insights? Advice? What would you do?
Thanks again, and thanks mymoosie for the awesome trip advice (i think we're going to take a flight to Union Island and do a Grenadines sailing trip)!
p.s. we tried to do a bid on sky auction for la luna and they were booked until april! we took a risk and waited on the bid and in that time airfare went up $200 each. If any of you do sky auction and your vacation is close, make sure to call the hotel...
Grenada Hotel Choice - Bel Air or Maca Bana
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 celebrating 40
- 2 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 3 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 4 Where to go in February/March
- 5 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 6 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 7 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 8 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 9 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 10 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 11 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 12 Which island?
- 13 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 14 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 17 St. Croix and sea grass
- 18 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 19 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 20 Bahamas Resort
- 21 Which country?
- 22 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 23 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 24 Antigua or St Martin
- 25 South Beach Hotel Barbados