My fiance and I are travelling to St.Vincent and the Grenadine islands March 1/07. We are involved with a tourism video promoting the islands so will likely be staying on (or at least visiting) each of the islands. We are wondering what items are particularly hard to find in these areas and would make good gifts/gratuities to cleaning staff and such (other than a cash of course)? For example I've heard things like chocolate, or toothpaste, or women's bras are very appreciated in places like cuba (not sure if there's any truth to that as I'm relatively untravelled).
We also are interested to know how common (or not) theft of personal items is from hotel rooms in Kingstown, in other parts of St.Vincent, and on the islands? Or is it fine to generally leave clothing, toiletries, and make-up lying around the room?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bermuda
- 2 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 3 Restaurant Suggestions
- 4 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 5 Honeymoon Help!!
- 6 Aruba weather
- 7 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 8 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 9 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 10 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 11 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 12 Taxi info. Self touring
- 13 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 14 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 15 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 16 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 17 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 18 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 19 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 20 Tips for Foodie Adventurers in Puerto Rico
- 21 Want to snorkel from hotel beach
- 22 St Lucia - Anse Chastenat - Crazy rate for a basic room without any confort
- 23 Great snorkeling, on the beach hotel
- 24 Puerto Rico vs. US Virgin Islands
- 25 Which Island?