My fiance and I are travelling to St.Vincent and the Grenadine islands March 1/07. We are involved with a tourism video promoting the islands so will likely be staying on (or at least visiting) each of the islands. We are wondering what items are particularly hard to find in these areas and would make good gifts/gratuities to cleaning staff and such (other than a cash of course)? For example I've heard things like chocolate, or toothpaste, or women's bras are very appreciated in places like cuba (not sure if there's any truth to that as I'm relatively untravelled).
We also are interested to know how common (or not) theft of personal items is from hotel rooms in Kingstown, in other parts of St.Vincent, and on the islands? Or is it fine to generally leave clothing, toiletries, and make-up lying around the room?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://365vslivestream.com/wake-forest-vs-tulane-live/
- 2 Buying jewellery
- 3 Looking for island choice help
- 4 Help on choosing where to visit
- 5 Transfers to Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
- 6 Best child-friendly resort in the Caribbean?
- 7 when to visit barbados
- 8 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 9 Belize vs Bonaire for snorkeling?
- 10 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 11 40th birthday with friends
- 12 which island?
- 13 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 14 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 15 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 16 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 17 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 18 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 19 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 20 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 21 Cuba in November
- 22 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 23 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 24 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 25 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?