My fiance and I are travelling to St.Vincent and the Grenadine islands March 1/07. We are involved with a tourism video promoting the islands so will likely be staying on (or at least visiting) each of the islands. We are wondering what items are particularly hard to find in these areas and would make good gifts/gratuities to cleaning staff and such (other than a cash of course)? For example I've heard things like chocolate, or toothpaste, or women's bras are very appreciated in places like cuba (not sure if there's any truth to that as I'm relatively untravelled).
We also are interested to know how common (or not) theft of personal items is from hotel rooms in Kingstown, in other parts of St.Vincent, and on the islands? Or is it fine to generally leave clothing, toiletries, and make-up lying around the room?
Thanks in advance!!
Gratuities in hotels and theft...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Antigua - First Trip - Which Beach and Which Bed ?
- 2 Memorable anniversary dinner on St. Thomas?
- 3 BEST RESORTS FOR SINGLES EARLY-MID 20s
- 4 Dominican Republic villa rental
- 5 fox. car rental montego bay jamaica
- 6 Stop Jet Ski's in Anguilla
- 7 Turks & Caicos
- 8 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 9 Restaurants in St. Barth's?
- 10 Travel to the Caribbean the week before Christmas
- 11 Long Island Bahanas
- 12 All Inclusive in Caribbean or Mexico?
- 13 Honeymoon Help- Caribbean Destination with Walk-in Snorkeling & Nightlife
- 14 Need Caribbean island/hotel suggestions for February trip with 2 year old
- 15 St. Bart's-- how can I get La Pinta vanilla rum?
- 16 Which carribbean island to chose.. dilema's...
- 17 DIY Wedding for Two – Can I pull this off without a Wedding Planner?
- 18 Punta Cana excursions
- 19 Girlfriends All Inclusive Resort Punta Cana or Mexico
- 20 Which Sandals Jamaica is the best
- 21 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 22 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 23 Aruba suggestions
- 24 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 25 Nassau