My fiance and I are travelling to St.Vincent and the Grenadine islands March 1/07. We are involved with a tourism video promoting the islands so will likely be staying on (or at least visiting) each of the islands. We are wondering what items are particularly hard to find in these areas and would make good gifts/gratuities to cleaning staff and such (other than a cash of course)? For example I've heard things like chocolate, or toothpaste, or women's bras are very appreciated in places like cuba (not sure if there's any truth to that as I'm relatively untravelled).
We also are interested to know how common (or not) theft of personal items is from hotel rooms in Kingstown, in other parts of St.Vincent, and on the islands? Or is it fine to generally leave clothing, toiletries, and make-up lying around the room?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 AOL 1877:242:8594 Password Reset Contact JIO Tec*h Supp0rt Care
- 2 Currency Americans Should Bring to Cuba
- 3 Christmas vacation
- 4 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 5 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 6 1st time to Barbados
- 7 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 8 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 9 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 10 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 11 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 12 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 13 GTC
- 14 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 15 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 16 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 17 Cayman Islands travel report
- 18 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 19 Curacao times 2
- 20 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 21 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 22 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 23 Bermuda Travel Report
- 24 Cuba Help
- 25 Cuba via cruise