My fiance and I are travelling to St.Vincent and the Grenadine islands March 1/07. We are involved with a tourism video promoting the islands so will likely be staying on (or at least visiting) each of the islands. We are wondering what items are particularly hard to find in these areas and would make good gifts/gratuities to cleaning staff and such (other than a cash of course)? For example I've heard things like chocolate, or toothpaste, or women's bras are very appreciated in places like cuba (not sure if there's any truth to that as I'm relatively untravelled).
We also are interested to know how common (or not) theft of personal items is from hotel rooms in Kingstown, in other parts of St.Vincent, and on the islands? Or is it fine to generally leave clothing, toiletries, and make-up lying around the room?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Couple in early 20's
- 2 Early 20's Couple
- 3 St. Barths Restaurant Recommendations
- 4 Boat Charter in BVI
- 5 Weather in June?
- 6 Weather in June in Puerto Rico?
- 7 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 8 How can I top LI and Eluthera?
- 9 Anniversary Trip Options
- 10 Island with golf
- 11 2 Days in Dominica
- 12 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 13 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 14 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 15 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 16 During times of need, let us donate for Nepal earthquake victims
- 17 St Thomas vs Puerto Rico
- 18 Location for 40th birthday celebration with friends
- 19 St. Martin/St. Maarten
- 20 travelling to St kitt and nervis
- 21 45th Birthday Celebration-Help!
- 22 Choosing an island
- 23 Reduit Beach is being ruined
- 24 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 25 Cabarete & Las Canas, DR: Where can I get info?