My fiance and I are travelling to St.Vincent and the Grenadine islands March 1/07. We are involved with a tourism video promoting the islands so will likely be staying on (or at least visiting) each of the islands. We are wondering what items are particularly hard to find in these areas and would make good gifts/gratuities to cleaning staff and such (other than a cash of course)? For example I've heard things like chocolate, or toothpaste, or women's bras are very appreciated in places like cuba (not sure if there's any truth to that as I'm relatively untravelled).
We also are interested to know how common (or not) theft of personal items is from hotel rooms in Kingstown, in other parts of St.Vincent, and on the islands? Or is it fine to generally leave clothing, toiletries, and make-up lying around the room?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 We won a vacation we don't want!
- 2 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 3 To Blanchisseuse Bay. A Beautiful Afternoon Drive
- 4 Jobs prospects in Caribbean
- 5 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 6 Barbados / Turks&Caicos / Grand Cayman /
- 7 Honeymoon August 2016
- 8 Canadian money exchange ??
- 9 Help choosing an island
- 10 Safe, family friendly Island
- 11 Help Choosing Island for Honeymoon
- 12 Is car really necessary on St John, staying at Westin.
- 13 Turks/Provo Dept Store
- 14 Family trip to Jamaica
- 15 Vieques Island
- 16 Road Conditions - Hwy 52 south of San Juan
- 17 Best island for food and beaches
- 18 Cuba tour companies
- 19 San Juan, Puerto Rico Hotel
- 20 Resort rent out for wedding
- 21 San Juan Hotel Recommendations
- 22 St. Croix
- 23 Hotel on Turks
- 24 7 day itinerary advice?- Puerto Rico
- 25 St. Thomas is dangerous