My fiance and I are travelling to St.Vincent and the Grenadine islands March 1/07. We are involved with a tourism video promoting the islands so will likely be staying on (or at least visiting) each of the islands. We are wondering what items are particularly hard to find in these areas and would make good gifts/gratuities to cleaning staff and such (other than a cash of course)? For example I've heard things like chocolate, or toothpaste, or women's bras are very appreciated in places like cuba (not sure if there's any truth to that as I'm relatively untravelled).
We also are interested to know how common (or not) theft of personal items is from hotel rooms in Kingstown, in other parts of St.Vincent, and on the islands? Or is it fine to generally leave clothing, toiletries, and make-up lying around the room?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Purchase Real Passports,Driver’s License,ID Cards,Visas,
- 2 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 3 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 4 Ideal wedding island
- 5 Help with small wedding location
- 6 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 8 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 9 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 10 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 11 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 12 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 13 St. Croix
- 14 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 15 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 16 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 17 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 18 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 19 Island Hopping
- 20 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 21 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 22 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Havana restaurants
- 25 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion