Looking for a warm luxurious beach destination jan 18th-22nd. We live in the Midwest so I don't want to go any further south than GC as I can still arrive by 1:00 pm. I've been to Eleuthera, Aruba, DR, st. John, st. Thomas, Anguilla, st. Marten, and Nassau. Loved St. John, Anguilla and eleuthera beaches, the others we're ok. We are looking at the GC Marriott or the Marriott on Marco Island. Not interested in Mexico or Central America, but would be interested in Abacos, Exumas or other out islands if they are nicer and warmer than GC. Marco would be cheap as we fly free on southwest. GC flights are $650 each, but the hotel is $400 a night for either place. Any suggestions on which place is better (better beaches, better restaurants, nicer hotel)? Am I rolling the dice on FL and the weather being cold? Thanks for you help.
Grand cayman or Marco island in mid-jan
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 2 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 3 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 4 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 5 Caribbean with grown kids
- 6 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 7 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 8 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 9 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 10 Driving in Aurba
- 11 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 12 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 13 Barbados question where to stay
- 14 Barbados Ferry Service
- 15 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 16 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 17 Restaurant in Aruba
- 18 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 19 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 20 Providenciales Airport
- 21 2 weeks in Cuba
- 22 Grenada - looking for a CLEAN hotel for one night - suggestions?
- 23 Is Grenada the Ideal vacation spot for us?
- 24 Bahama's vs Costa Rica
- 25 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!