Looking for a warm luxurious beach destination jan 18th-22nd. We live in the Midwest so I don't want to go any further south than GC as I can still arrive by 1:00 pm. I've been to Eleuthera, Aruba, DR, st. John, st. Thomas, Anguilla, st. Marten, and Nassau. Loved St. John, Anguilla and eleuthera beaches, the others we're ok. We are looking at the GC Marriott or the Marriott on Marco Island. Not interested in Mexico or Central America, but would be interested in Abacos, Exumas or other out islands if they are nicer and warmer than GC. Marco would be cheap as we fly free on southwest. GC flights are $650 each, but the hotel is $400 a night for either place. Any suggestions on which place is better (better beaches, better restaurants, nicer hotel)? Am I rolling the dice on FL and the weather being cold? Thanks for you help.
Grand cayman or Marco island in mid-jan
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family with infants/toddlers
- 2 Ferry to Rum Point
- 3 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 4 Islands with great nightlife
- 5 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 6 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 7 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 8 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 9 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 10 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 11 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 12 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 13 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 14 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 15 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 16 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 17 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 18 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 19 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 20 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 21 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 22 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 23 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 24 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 25 Beaches Turks question