Looking for a warm luxurious beach destination jan 18th-22nd. We live in the Midwest so I don't want to go any further south than GC as I can still arrive by 1:00 pm. I've been to Eleuthera, Aruba, DR, st. John, st. Thomas, Anguilla, st. Marten, and Nassau. Loved St. John, Anguilla and eleuthera beaches, the others we're ok. We are looking at the GC Marriott or the Marriott on Marco Island. Not interested in Mexico or Central America, but would be interested in Abacos, Exumas or other out islands if they are nicer and warmer than GC. Marco would be cheap as we fly free on southwest. GC flights are $650 each, but the hotel is $400 a night for either place. Any suggestions on which place is better (better beaches, better restaurants, nicer hotel)? Am I rolling the dice on FL and the weather being cold? Thanks for you help.
Grand cayman or Marco island in mid-jan
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Islands with great nightlife
- 2 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 3 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 4 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 5 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 6 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 7 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 8 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 9 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 10 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 11 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 12 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 13 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 14 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 15 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 16 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 17 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 18 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 19 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 20 Beaches Turks question
- 21 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 22 Curacao - where to stay
- 23 Dominican Republic baseball in February
- 24 May Honeymoon
- 25 Best Island for Snorkeling and Rainforests - Anguilla to Grenada