Looking for a warm luxurious beach destination jan 18th-22nd. We live in the Midwest so I don't want to go any further south than GC as I can still arrive by 1:00 pm. I've been to Eleuthera, Aruba, DR, st. John, st. Thomas, Anguilla, st. Marten, and Nassau. Loved St. John, Anguilla and eleuthera beaches, the others we're ok. We are looking at the GC Marriott or the Marriott on Marco Island. Not interested in Mexico or Central America, but would be interested in Abacos, Exumas or other out islands if they are nicer and warmer than GC. Marco would be cheap as we fly free on southwest. GC flights are $650 each, but the hotel is $400 a night for either place. Any suggestions on which place is better (better beaches, better restaurants, nicer hotel)? Am I rolling the dice on FL and the weather being cold? Thanks for you help.
Grand cayman or Marco island in mid-jan
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Back from San Juan
- 2 Looking for South-to-North options/routes/price estimates.
- 3 Cupecoy Beach
- 4 Looking for small hotel/inn within 4 hrs. nonstop flight from New York
- 5 Vacation Ideas
- 6 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 7 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 8 Carry on size Bahamas
- 9 St John March, where to stay
- 10 The right adults-only resort
- 11 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 12 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 13 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 14 Tips for bahamas
- 15 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 16 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 17 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 18 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 19 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 20 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 21 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 22 walkable hotels
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 St Thomas
- 25 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?