Unfortunately, Hurricane Wilma has forced my husband and me to change our plans to go to Cancun in late Jan./early Feb., so we are now debating between going to Grand Cayman or Curacao instead. I have already read a little on GC and a lot on Curacao. Our primary interest is to relax, and both islands meet the requirement of great beaches and snorkeling, but it seems like there are a lot of non-beach options on Curacao, which is also appealing. Airfare to GC is approx. $220 cheaper total than to Curacao, and we plan to rent a car for at least a couple of days on the latter island, which would also increase the cost, but I'm also aware of GC's expensive reputation. We would be using Marriott points in either case, so the hotel expense would not be an issue. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Grand Cayman or Curacao?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 2 St. Martin Ferry to Anguilla from Philipsburg
- 3 Caribbean Destination for Family with Teenage Girls
- 4 Jamaica help!
- 5 Four Seasons Nevis and RoamsAround thanks
- 6 2 weeks in cuba
- 7 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 8 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 9 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 10 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 11 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 12 Jamaica
- 13 Jamaica all inclusive
- 14 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 15 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 16 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 17 Cuba Opening Up
- 18 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 19 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 20 Why Barbados?
- 21 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 22 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 23 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 24 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 25 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach