Unfortunately, Hurricane Wilma has forced my husband and me to change our plans to go to Cancun in late Jan./early Feb., so we are now debating between going to Grand Cayman or Curacao instead. I have already read a little on GC and a lot on Curacao. Our primary interest is to relax, and both islands meet the requirement of great beaches and snorkeling, but it seems like there are a lot of non-beach options on Curacao, which is also appealing. Airfare to GC is approx. $220 cheaper total than to Curacao, and we plan to rent a car for at least a couple of days on the latter island, which would also increase the cost, but I'm also aware of GC's expensive reputation. We would be using Marriott points in either case, so the hotel expense would not be an issue. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Grand Cayman or Curacao?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 2 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 3 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 4 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 5 Tipping at AI
- 6 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 7 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 8 Traveling Solo
- 9 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 10 A Volcanic Paradise
- 11 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 12 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 13 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 14 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 15 St. Kitts, the details
- 16 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 17 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 18 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 19 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 20 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?