Unfortunately, Hurricane Wilma has forced my husband and me to change our plans to go to Cancun in late Jan./early Feb., so we are now debating between going to Grand Cayman or Curacao instead. I have already read a little on GC and a lot on Curacao. Our primary interest is to relax, and both islands meet the requirement of great beaches and snorkeling, but it seems like there are a lot of non-beach options on Curacao, which is also appealing. Airfare to GC is approx. $220 cheaper total than to Curacao, and we plan to rent a car for at least a couple of days on the latter island, which would also increase the cost, but I'm also aware of GC's expensive reputation. We would be using Marriott points in either case, so the hotel expense would not be an issue. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Grand Cayman or Curacao?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 2 AI in Punta Cana
- 3 T&C Airfare Volatility?
- 4 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 5 Need Puerto Rico location advice
- 6 St Thomas lodging before flight home
- 7 Romantic, 30th Birthday for my girlfriend Trip - I NEED HELP!
- 8 Jamaica - Negril, Ochos Rio, or MB?
- 9 Best island for a villa rental
- 10 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Which Island?
- 13 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 14 Best Caribbean All Inclusive for Teens?
- 15 Punta Cana?
- 16 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 17 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 18 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 19 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 20 Advice needed
- 21 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 22 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 23 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 24 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 25 Rincon Puerto Rico