Unfortunately, Hurricane Wilma has forced my husband and me to change our plans to go to Cancun in late Jan./early Feb., so we are now debating between going to Grand Cayman or Curacao instead. I have already read a little on GC and a lot on Curacao. Our primary interest is to relax, and both islands meet the requirement of great beaches and snorkeling, but it seems like there are a lot of non-beach options on Curacao, which is also appealing. Airfare to GC is approx. $220 cheaper total than to Curacao, and we plan to rent a car for at least a couple of days on the latter island, which would also increase the cost, but I'm also aware of GC's expensive reputation. We would be using Marriott points in either case, so the hotel expense would not be an issue. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Grand Cayman or Curacao?
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 2 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 3 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 4 Islands with great nightlife
- 5 month stay on a caribbean island
- 6 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 7 Where to stay on Vieques
- 8 Ferry to Rum Point
- 9 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 10 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 11 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 12 Family with infants/toddlers
- 13 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 14 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 15 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 16 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 17 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 18 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 19 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 20 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 21 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 22 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 23 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 24 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 25 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?