We're looking at 5 days or so in January at the Reef Resort on Grand Cayman. The resort is in the center of the island, I guess about a 1/2 hour away from 7 mile beach. They offer all inclusive packages, and the high end one (for the required premium drinks!) adds $150 pp per day, so $300 for the 2 of us. (Not sure if that's US or GC dollars.)
I'm generally not a fan of all-inclusive - don't like being tied to one place, and I think it encourages overdoing it. My husband, however, is a fan.
We are not huge foodies, but do like good food.
I would appreciate any feedback on the food offerings at Grand Cayman, particularly from anyone who's been to the Reef and could advise whether the restaurant(s?) are so good that going all inclusive is definitely worthwhile. I can't find much online to answer this question. I hear that food is "expensive" but that's hard to define. I'm assuming we'd spend around $150 to $200 for a decent dinner for two, meaning entrees and a drink or 2 a piece?
Or are there so many dining options (especially with renting a car) that we'd be crazy to limit ourselves to one place.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Techer : SETUP HP /TOshiba TEC*H SUPPORT CONTACT 1:855:999:8045 PRINTER R*g
- 2 Cuba: 4.5 days,4 nights
- 3 Havana
- 4 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 5 Barbados-how about this place?
- 6 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 7 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 8 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 9 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 10 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 11 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 12 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 13 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 14 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 15 Restaurant Recommendations
- 16 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 17 Family vacation
- 18 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 19 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 20 PR or USVI
- 21 Havana Hotel
- 22 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 23 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 24 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 25 Cayman Islands Currency
Grand Cayman food - go all inclusive at Reef Resort, or no?