We're looking at 5 days or so in January at the Reef Resort on Grand Cayman. The resort is in the center of the island, I guess about a 1/2 hour away from 7 mile beach. They offer all inclusive packages, and the high end one (for the required premium drinks!) adds $150 pp per day, so $300 for the 2 of us. (Not sure if that's US or GC dollars.)
I'm generally not a fan of all-inclusive - don't like being tied to one place, and I think it encourages overdoing it. My husband, however, is a fan.
We are not huge foodies, but do like good food.
I would appreciate any feedback on the food offerings at Grand Cayman, particularly from anyone who's been to the Reef and could advise whether the restaurant(s?) are so good that going all inclusive is definitely worthwhile. I can't find much online to answer this question. I hear that food is "expensive" but that's hard to define. I'm assuming we'd spend around $150 to $200 for a decent dinner for two, meaning entrees and a drink or 2 a piece?
Or are there so many dining options (especially with renting a car) that we'd be crazy to limit ourselves to one place.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 2 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 3 Restaurant Recommendations
- 4 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 5 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 6 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 7 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 8 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 9 40 min layover in CLT
- 10 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 11 Atlantis 1 day
- 12 Atlantis on a budget
- 13 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 14 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 15 St. Barts
- 16 Buses in Aruba
- 17 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 18 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 19 Stingray City Tour
- 20 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April
- 21 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 22 Bahama's outer island
- 23 Living permanently in the Caribbean
- 24 Family Caribbean vacation in the spring
- 25 Cuba | Havana,Varadero 2017
Grand Cayman food - go all inclusive at Reef Resort, or no?