We're looking at 5 days or so in January at the Reef Resort on Grand Cayman. The resort is in the center of the island, I guess about a 1/2 hour away from 7 mile beach. They offer all inclusive packages, and the high end one (for the required premium drinks!) adds $150 pp per day, so $300 for the 2 of us. (Not sure if that's US or GC dollars.)
I'm generally not a fan of all-inclusive - don't like being tied to one place, and I think it encourages overdoing it. My husband, however, is a fan.
We are not huge foodies, but do like good food.
I would appreciate any feedback on the food offerings at Grand Cayman, particularly from anyone who's been to the Reef and could advise whether the restaurant(s?) are so good that going all inclusive is definitely worthwhile. I can't find much online to answer this question. I hear that food is "expensive" but that's hard to define. I'm assuming we'd spend around $150 to $200 for a decent dinner for two, meaning entrees and a drink or 2 a piece?
Or are there so many dining options (especially with renting a car) that we'd be crazy to limit ourselves to one place.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementadvise.com/vderma-reviews/
- 2 aruba fun!!!
- 3 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 4 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 5 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 6 Peterson
- 7 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 8 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 9 St.Lucia newbie
- 10 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 11 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 12 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 13 Turks and caicos
- 14 Aruba weather
- 15 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 16 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 17 Turks and caicos
- 18 Cruise stop activities
- 19 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 20 Jade Mountain
- 21 Honeymoon Help!!
- 22 Bermuda
- 23 Restaurant Suggestions
- 24 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 25 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
Grand Cayman food - go all inclusive at Reef Resort, or no?