We're looking at 5 days or so in January at the Reef Resort on Grand Cayman. The resort is in the center of the island, I guess about a 1/2 hour away from 7 mile beach. They offer all inclusive packages, and the high end one (for the required premium drinks!) adds $150 pp per day, so $300 for the 2 of us. (Not sure if that's US or GC dollars.)
I'm generally not a fan of all-inclusive - don't like being tied to one place, and I think it encourages overdoing it. My husband, however, is a fan.
We are not huge foodies, but do like good food.
I would appreciate any feedback on the food offerings at Grand Cayman, particularly from anyone who's been to the Reef and could advise whether the restaurant(s?) are so good that going all inclusive is definitely worthwhile. I can't find much online to answer this question. I hear that food is "expensive" but that's hard to define. I'm assuming we'd spend around $150 to $200 for a decent dinner for two, meaning entrees and a drink or 2 a piece?
Or are there so many dining options (especially with renting a car) that we'd be crazy to limit ourselves to one place.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Ecotourism - are there organized tours
- 2 will my American kids be considered tourists like me
- 3 Choosing the best island for Honeymoon
- 4 Caribbean ferries
- 5 Choosing the Right Island
- 6 car rental in barbados
- 7 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 8 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 9 Best restaurants in Bermuda
- 10 Where to go in August??? HELP!
- 11 Caribbean islands with kids in December
- 12 Trip report – 1st time in Turks & Caicos
- 13 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 14 Rent a villa in Jamaica
- 15 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 16 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 17 Hawaii or Caribbean?
- 18 Aruba help!
- 19 St Martin
- 20 Planning a three week trip
- 21 Last minute - solo, self-reflection, sun, serene
- 22 Casa Karma
- 23 Honeymoon - please help!
- 24 50 yo single women trip to Caribbean
- 25 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
Grand Cayman food - go all inclusive at Reef Resort, or no?