We're looking at 5 days or so in January at the Reef Resort on Grand Cayman. The resort is in the center of the island, I guess about a 1/2 hour away from 7 mile beach. They offer all inclusive packages, and the high end one (for the required premium drinks!) adds $150 pp per day, so $300 for the 2 of us. (Not sure if that's US or GC dollars.)
I'm generally not a fan of all-inclusive - don't like being tied to one place, and I think it encourages overdoing it. My husband, however, is a fan.
We are not huge foodies, but do like good food.
I would appreciate any feedback on the food offerings at Grand Cayman, particularly from anyone who's been to the Reef and could advise whether the restaurant(s?) are so good that going all inclusive is definitely worthwhile. I can't find much online to answer this question. I hear that food is "expensive" but that's hard to define. I'm assuming we'd spend around $150 to $200 for a decent dinner for two, meaning entrees and a drink or 2 a piece?
Or are there so many dining options (especially with renting a car) that we'd be crazy to limit ourselves to one place.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Vacation recommendations
- 2 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 3 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 4 BVI trip questions
- 5 Curaçao and girls?
- 6 Small Carribean Hotel
- 7 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 8 Punta Cana Excursions
- 9 customs questions
- 10 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 11 Nassau Bahamas
- 12 Biking in Caribbean
- 13 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 14 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 15 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 16 Help with how long on each island.
- 17 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 18 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 19 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 20 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 21 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 22 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 23 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 24 Hiking in St. John
- 25 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
Grand Cayman food - go all inclusive at Reef Resort, or no?