We're looking at 5 days or so in January at the Reef Resort on Grand Cayman. The resort is in the center of the island, I guess about a 1/2 hour away from 7 mile beach. They offer all inclusive packages, and the high end one (for the required premium drinks!) adds $150 pp per day, so $300 for the 2 of us. (Not sure if that's US or GC dollars.)
I'm generally not a fan of all-inclusive - don't like being tied to one place, and I think it encourages overdoing it. My husband, however, is a fan.
We are not huge foodies, but do like good food.
I would appreciate any feedback on the food offerings at Grand Cayman, particularly from anyone who's been to the Reef and could advise whether the restaurant(s?) are so good that going all inclusive is definitely worthwhile. I can't find much online to answer this question. I hear that food is "expensive" but that's hard to define. I'm assuming we'd spend around $150 to $200 for a decent dinner for two, meaning entrees and a drink or 2 a piece?
Or are there so many dining options (especially with renting a car) that we'd be crazy to limit ourselves to one place.
Many thanks in advance.
Grand Cayman food - go all inclusive at Reef Resort, or no?
- 1 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 2 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 3 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 4 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 5 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 6 Bahamas 4 day Trip: July 2014
- 7 Bahamas snorkeling
- 8 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 9 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 10 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 11 Wedding Help!
- 12 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 13 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 14 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 15 Islands with great nightlife
- 16 month stay on a caribbean island
- 17 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 18 Where to stay on Vieques
- 19 Ferry to Rum Point
- 20 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 21 Family with infants/toddlers
- 22 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 23 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 24 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 25 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary