We're looking at 5 days or so in January at the Reef Resort on Grand Cayman. The resort is in the center of the island, I guess about a 1/2 hour away from 7 mile beach. They offer all inclusive packages, and the high end one (for the required premium drinks!) adds $150 pp per day, so $300 for the 2 of us. (Not sure if that's US or GC dollars.)
I'm generally not a fan of all-inclusive - don't like being tied to one place, and I think it encourages overdoing it. My husband, however, is a fan.
We are not huge foodies, but do like good food.
I would appreciate any feedback on the food offerings at Grand Cayman, particularly from anyone who's been to the Reef and could advise whether the restaurant(s?) are so good that going all inclusive is definitely worthwhile. I can't find much online to answer this question. I hear that food is "expensive" but that's hard to define. I'm assuming we'd spend around $150 to $200 for a decent dinner for two, meaning entrees and a drink or 2 a piece?
Or are there so many dining options (especially with renting a car) that we'd be crazy to limit ourselves to one place.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 getting around in dominican republic
- 2 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 3 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 4 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 5 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 6 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 7 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 8 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 9 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 10 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 11 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 12 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 13 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 14 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 15 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 16 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 17 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 18 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 19 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 20 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 21 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 22 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation
- 23 all inclusive advice
- 24 Thinking of Grand Cayman after years in Turks and Caicos
- 25 family vaca in jamaica with teens, where to stay?
Grand Cayman food - go all inclusive at Reef Resort, or no?