We're looking at 5 days or so in January at the Reef Resort on Grand Cayman. The resort is in the center of the island, I guess about a 1/2 hour away from 7 mile beach. They offer all inclusive packages, and the high end one (for the required premium drinks!) adds $150 pp per day, so $300 for the 2 of us. (Not sure if that's US or GC dollars.)
I'm generally not a fan of all-inclusive - don't like being tied to one place, and I think it encourages overdoing it. My husband, however, is a fan.
We are not huge foodies, but do like good food.
I would appreciate any feedback on the food offerings at Grand Cayman, particularly from anyone who's been to the Reef and could advise whether the restaurant(s?) are so good that going all inclusive is definitely worthwhile. I can't find much online to answer this question. I hear that food is "expensive" but that's hard to define. I'm assuming we'd spend around $150 to $200 for a decent dinner for two, meaning entrees and a drink or 2 a piece?
Or are there so many dining options (especially with renting a car) that we'd be crazy to limit ourselves to one place.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 2 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 3 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 4 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 5 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 6 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 7 5 days in Havana
- 8 PR or USVI
- 9 Which Caribbean island?
- 10 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 11 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 12 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 13 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 14 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 15 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 16 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 17 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 18 Scrub Island Resort
- 19 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 20 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 21 Wedding Destinations???
- 22 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 23 Down to two in January have we got it right
- 24 Where to stay in Barbados July 1-11
- 25 Hospital and doctors in St. Barth
Grand Cayman food - go all inclusive at Reef Resort, or no?