We're looking at 5 days or so in January at the Reef Resort on Grand Cayman. The resort is in the center of the island, I guess about a 1/2 hour away from 7 mile beach. They offer all inclusive packages, and the high end one (for the required premium drinks!) adds $150 pp per day, so $300 for the 2 of us. (Not sure if that's US or GC dollars.)
I'm generally not a fan of all-inclusive - don't like being tied to one place, and I think it encourages overdoing it. My husband, however, is a fan.
We are not huge foodies, but do like good food.
I would appreciate any feedback on the food offerings at Grand Cayman, particularly from anyone who's been to the Reef and could advise whether the restaurant(s?) are so good that going all inclusive is definitely worthwhile. I can't find much online to answer this question. I hear that food is "expensive" but that's hard to define. I'm assuming we'd spend around $150 to $200 for a decent dinner for two, meaning entrees and a drink or 2 a piece?
Or are there so many dining options (especially with renting a car) that we'd be crazy to limit ourselves to one place.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 No rain in June PLEASE
- 2 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 3 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 4 Culinary Employment Iles Des Saintes
- 5 Island recommendation
- 6 Cuba
- 7 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 8 Safe to VRBO in Puerto Rico?
- 9 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 10 Can I take alcohol?
- 11 Scrub Island Resort
- 12 Virgin Gorda? 5-Year Anniversary Trip
- 13 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 14 Vacationing Single in Grand Cayman
- 15 Family vacation for divers
- 16 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 17 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?
- 18 Island advice plz!
- 19 Cubarinking water?
- 20 First time to PR
- 21 St. John Trip Report
- 22 Aussie couple's 3/4 week trip
- 23 St Kitts' Bakery
- 24 Which Island - Family Getaway
- 25 Looking for the perfect Island in the Carribean
Grand Cayman food - go all inclusive at Reef Resort, or no?