We're looking at 5 days or so in January at the Reef Resort on Grand Cayman. The resort is in the center of the island, I guess about a 1/2 hour away from 7 mile beach. They offer all inclusive packages, and the high end one (for the required premium drinks!) adds $150 pp per day, so $300 for the 2 of us. (Not sure if that's US or GC dollars.)
I'm generally not a fan of all-inclusive - don't like being tied to one place, and I think it encourages overdoing it. My husband, however, is a fan.
We are not huge foodies, but do like good food.
I would appreciate any feedback on the food offerings at Grand Cayman, particularly from anyone who's been to the Reef and could advise whether the restaurant(s?) are so good that going all inclusive is definitely worthwhile. I can't find much online to answer this question. I hear that food is "expensive" but that's hard to define. I'm assuming we'd spend around $150 to $200 for a decent dinner for two, meaning entrees and a drink or 2 a piece?
Or are there so many dining options (especially with renting a car) that we'd be crazy to limit ourselves to one place.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 2 Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
- 3 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 4 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 5 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 6 30th anniversary trip
- 7 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 8 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 9 Bermuda in February or March
- 10 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 11 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 12 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 13 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 14 Safest Islands for Us?
- 15 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 16 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 17 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 18 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 19 Narrowing it down
- 20 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 21 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 22 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 23 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 24 Destination Wedding
- 25 St. Thomas is dangerous
Grand Cayman food - go all inclusive at Reef Resort, or no?