We're looking at 5 days or so in January at the Reef Resort on Grand Cayman. The resort is in the center of the island, I guess about a 1/2 hour away from 7 mile beach. They offer all inclusive packages, and the high end one (for the required premium drinks!) adds $150 pp per day, so $300 for the 2 of us. (Not sure if that's US or GC dollars.)
I'm generally not a fan of all-inclusive - don't like being tied to one place, and I think it encourages overdoing it. My husband, however, is a fan.
We are not huge foodies, but do like good food.
I would appreciate any feedback on the food offerings at Grand Cayman, particularly from anyone who's been to the Reef and could advise whether the restaurant(s?) are so good that going all inclusive is definitely worthwhile. I can't find much online to answer this question. I hear that food is "expensive" but that's hard to define. I'm assuming we'd spend around $150 to $200 for a decent dinner for two, meaning entrees and a drink or 2 a piece?
Or are there so many dining options (especially with renting a car) that we'd be crazy to limit ourselves to one place.
Many thanks in advance.
Grand Cayman food - go all inclusive at Reef Resort, or no?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 2 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 3 Back from San Juan
- 4 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 5 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 6 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 7 San Juan Airport
- 8 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 9 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 10 Why Barbados?
- 11 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 12 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 13 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 14 Storm ?
- 15 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 16 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 17 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 18 Kristen- where are you?????
- 19 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 20 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 21 The Color of the Water
- 22 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 23 Anguilla stay?
- 24 Punta Cana excursions
- 25 Best island for nature + kids that is safe and affordable