We're looking at 5 days or so in January at the Reef Resort on Grand Cayman. The resort is in the center of the island, I guess about a 1/2 hour away from 7 mile beach. They offer all inclusive packages, and the high end one (for the required premium drinks!) adds $150 pp per day, so $300 for the 2 of us. (Not sure if that's US or GC dollars.)
I'm generally not a fan of all-inclusive - don't like being tied to one place, and I think it encourages overdoing it. My husband, however, is a fan.
We are not huge foodies, but do like good food.
I would appreciate any feedback on the food offerings at Grand Cayman, particularly from anyone who's been to the Reef and could advise whether the restaurant(s?) are so good that going all inclusive is definitely worthwhile. I can't find much online to answer this question. I hear that food is "expensive" but that's hard to define. I'm assuming we'd spend around $150 to $200 for a decent dinner for two, meaning entrees and a drink or 2 a piece?
Or are there so many dining options (especially with renting a car) that we'd be crazy to limit ourselves to one place.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 2 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 3 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 4 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 5 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 6 Cuba in November
- 7 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 8 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 9 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 10 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 11 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 12 Tennis in Aruba question
- 13 christmas in the caribbean
- 14 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 15 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 16 Guadeloupe - January 2017
- 17 Marriott Courtyard Junkanoo Beach Nassau
- 18 Jamaica
- 19 Money in Jamaica
- 20 Aruba trip report (first time visitors)
- 21 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 22 Where to stay on the Gold Coast
- 23 Atlantis in Nassau
- 24 Off Beaten Path from Atlantis
- 25 10 Great Days in Guadeloupe
Grand Cayman food - go all inclusive at Reef Resort, or no?