My wife and I are booked to go to SVG via Barbados in early July for our 1st kidless trip in 15 yrs. I've read w/interest the many posts, yet still have a few questions - having never been there.
We have approx 10 days. I haven't yet booked local flights yet so I'm wondering if it makes sense to start in St Vincent (2 nights during Vincey Mas) then move down to Bequia and use that as our base to explore the smaller islands.
As well, I am having trouble visualizing Bequia. I had initially thought that we would stay at the Franji, but I'm scared off by the mosquito talk. If we stay elsewhere, is it too far to walk to the main commercial centre for meals and so forth?
Similar question for St Vincent - i want to go, and like being close to the city, but don't want to be kept awake at night by the carnival festivities. Any suggestions? I noticed that Liat has a late flight in (1/2 the price of SVGAir but will I have trouble making it to my hotel at that time of night?
Finally, the Friendship Rose sounds like a must-do, but what's the likelihood of finding a reasonable 2-3 night charter around the islands if we haven't booked in advance.
Thanks IA for any input
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 2 Suggestions To Prevent A Sagging Face For Guys
- 3 Safest Islands for Us?
- 4 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 5 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 6 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 7 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 8 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 9 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 10 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 11 Narrowing it down
- 12 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 13 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 14 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 15 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 16 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 17 Destination Wedding
- 18 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 19 Help us plan a laid back honeymoon
- 20 by ship from puerto rico to the AVI or BVI
- 21 barbados vs. Bonaire
- 22 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 23 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 24 Proof of return to board a flight to jamaica.
- 25 mid December 2016 trip for 2