My wife and I are booked to go to SVG via Barbados in early July for our 1st kidless trip in 15 yrs. I've read w/interest the many posts, yet still have a few questions - having never been there.
We have approx 10 days. I haven't yet booked local flights yet so I'm wondering if it makes sense to start in St Vincent (2 nights during Vincey Mas) then move down to Bequia and use that as our base to explore the smaller islands.
As well, I am having trouble visualizing Bequia. I had initially thought that we would stay at the Franji, but I'm scared off by the mosquito talk. If we stay elsewhere, is it too far to walk to the main commercial centre for meals and so forth?
Similar question for St Vincent - i want to go, and like being close to the city, but don't want to be kept awake at night by the carnival festivities. Any suggestions? I noticed that Liat has a late flight in (1/2 the price of SVGAir but will I have trouble making it to my hotel at that time of night?
Finally, the Friendship Rose sounds like a must-do, but what's the likelihood of finding a reasonable 2-3 night charter around the islands if we haven't booked in advance.
Thanks IA for any input
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Focus: Tec*h SUPP0RT YAHOO MAIL CONTACT 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Focus: Tec*h SUPP0RT YAHOO MAIL CONTACT 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 3 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 4 Havana
- 5 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 6 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 7 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 8 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 9 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 10 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 11 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 12 Restaurant Recommendations
- 13 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 14 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 15 Family vacation
- 16 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 17 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 18 PR or USVI
- 19 Havana Hotel
- 20 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 21 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 22 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 23 Cayman Islands Currency
- 24 Virgin Gorda BVI
- 25 Martinique June 4th - 16th