My wife and I are booked to go to SVG via Barbados in early July for our 1st kidless trip in 15 yrs. I've read w/interest the many posts, yet still have a few questions - having never been there.
We have approx 10 days. I haven't yet booked local flights yet so I'm wondering if it makes sense to start in St Vincent (2 nights during Vincey Mas) then move down to Bequia and use that as our base to explore the smaller islands.
As well, I am having trouble visualizing Bequia. I had initially thought that we would stay at the Franji, but I'm scared off by the mosquito talk. If we stay elsewhere, is it too far to walk to the main commercial centre for meals and so forth?
Similar question for St Vincent - i want to go, and like being close to the city, but don't want to be kept awake at night by the carnival festivities. Any suggestions? I noticed that Liat has a late flight in (1/2 the price of SVGAir but will I have trouble making it to my hotel at that time of night?
Finally, the Friendship Rose sounds like a must-do, but what's the likelihood of finding a reasonable 2-3 night charter around the islands if we haven't booked in advance.
Thanks IA for any input
going to svg next month
- 1 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 2 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 3 Feedback on villa rental location on St. Barths
- 4 Where to stay on Vieques
- 5 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 6 Concerns About Dominican Republic Trip
- 7 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 8 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 9 Bahamas 4 day Trip: July 2014
- 10 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 11 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 12 Bahamas snorkeling
- 13 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 14 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 15 Wedding Help!
- 16 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 17 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 18 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 19 Islands with great nightlife
- 20 month stay on a caribbean island
- 21 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 22 Ferry to Rum Point
- 23 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 24 Family with infants/toddlers
- 25 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI