My wife and I are booked to go to SVG via Barbados in early July for our 1st kidless trip in 15 yrs. I've read w/interest the many posts, yet still have a few questions - having never been there.
We have approx 10 days. I haven't yet booked local flights yet so I'm wondering if it makes sense to start in St Vincent (2 nights during Vincey Mas) then move down to Bequia and use that as our base to explore the smaller islands.
As well, I am having trouble visualizing Bequia. I had initially thought that we would stay at the Franji, but I'm scared off by the mosquito talk. If we stay elsewhere, is it too far to walk to the main commercial centre for meals and so forth?
Similar question for St Vincent - i want to go, and like being close to the city, but don't want to be kept awake at night by the carnival festivities. Any suggestions? I noticed that Liat has a late flight in (1/2 the price of SVGAir but will I have trouble making it to my hotel at that time of night?
Finally, the Friendship Rose sounds like a must-do, but what's the likelihood of finding a reasonable 2-3 night charter around the islands if we haven't booked in advance.
Thanks IA for any input
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Can I take alcohol?
- 2 Cuba
- 3 Scrub Island Resort
- 4 Virgin Gorda? 5-Year Anniversary Trip
- 5 Culinary Employment Iles Des Saintes
- 6 Island recommendation
- 7 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 8 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 9 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 10 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 11 Vacationing Single in Grand Cayman
- 12 Family vacation for divers
- 13 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 14 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 15 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?
- 16 Island advice plz!
- 17 Cubarinking water?
- 18 First time to PR
- 19 St. John Trip Report
- 20 Aussie couple's 3/4 week trip
- 21 St Kitts' Bakery
- 22 Which Island - Family Getaway
- 23 Looking for the perfect Island in the Carribean
- 24 Coral Sands, Exuma
- 25 St. Thomas- place to stay, rental car & night cruise suggestions