My wife and I are booked to go to SVG via Barbados in early July for our 1st kidless trip in 15 yrs. I've read w/interest the many posts, yet still have a few questions - having never been there.
We have approx 10 days. I haven't yet booked local flights yet so I'm wondering if it makes sense to start in St Vincent (2 nights during Vincey Mas) then move down to Bequia and use that as our base to explore the smaller islands.
As well, I am having trouble visualizing Bequia. I had initially thought that we would stay at the Franji, but I'm scared off by the mosquito talk. If we stay elsewhere, is it too far to walk to the main commercial centre for meals and so forth?
Similar question for St Vincent - i want to go, and like being close to the city, but don't want to be kept awake at night by the carnival festivities. Any suggestions? I noticed that Liat has a late flight in (1/2 the price of SVGAir but will I have trouble making it to my hotel at that time of night?
Finally, the Friendship Rose sounds like a must-do, but what's the likelihood of finding a reasonable 2-3 night charter around the islands if we haven't booked in advance.
Thanks IA for any input
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 2 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 3 Cuba in November
- 4 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 5 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 6 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 7 Late May Trip
- 8 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 9 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 10 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 11 Cheers to Beers!
- 12 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 13 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 14 New Years Eve / St John
- 15 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 16 Island Choice
- 17 Aruba Car Rental
- 18 If we loved Cayman...
- 19 Harbor Island ?? Anyone
- 20 Caribbean Christmas with teenagers
- 21 For the bluest water and whitest sand?
- 22 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 23 HELP! St Croix or Cancun
- 24 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 25 aruba planning advice