My wife and I are booked to go to SVG via Barbados in early July for our 1st kidless trip in 15 yrs. I've read w/interest the many posts, yet still have a few questions - having never been there.
We have approx 10 days. I haven't yet booked local flights yet so I'm wondering if it makes sense to start in St Vincent (2 nights during Vincey Mas) then move down to Bequia and use that as our base to explore the smaller islands.
As well, I am having trouble visualizing Bequia. I had initially thought that we would stay at the Franji, but I'm scared off by the mosquito talk. If we stay elsewhere, is it too far to walk to the main commercial centre for meals and so forth?
Similar question for St Vincent - i want to go, and like being close to the city, but don't want to be kept awake at night by the carnival festivities. Any suggestions? I noticed that Liat has a late flight in (1/2 the price of SVGAir but will I have trouble making it to my hotel at that time of night?
Finally, the Friendship Rose sounds like a must-do, but what's the likelihood of finding a reasonable 2-3 night charter around the islands if we haven't booked in advance.
Thanks IA for any input
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Island Choice
- 2 Cruise stop activities
- 3 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 4 Aruba weather
- 5 Jade Mountain
- 6 Turks and caicos
- 7 Turks and caicos
- 8 Honeymoon Help!!
- 9 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 10 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 11 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 12 Bermuda
- 13 Restaurant Suggestions
- 14 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 15 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 16 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 17 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 18 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 19 Taxi info. Self touring
- 20 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 21 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 22 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 23 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 24 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 25 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.