Me and my boyfriend are planning a vacation in May (though April or June would really be fine as well) to the Caribbean. We stayed at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Jamaica last year and fell in love with the all inclusive beach vacation. This year we'd like to try somewhere different but still kind of high end. My boyfriend also loves snorkeling so we'd like a resort with good snorkeling on the beach or close by at least. The problem is I'm having a hard time trying to narrow down our options. We're flying from Labrador City so we're probably going to spend a whole day each way travelling which has made me think eliminating the more southerly destinations would be a good idea to further eliminate overnights on our way.
I've been leaning towards the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso in Mexico and the Iberostar Grand Bavaro in the Domincan (though I hear this isn't a good snorkeling location at all... so probably not here), but I'm really just not sure. There's so much out there and I've had little experience with the subject area. (Our vacation last year was a destination wedding we attended so all the tough decisions were already made). We definitely want an adult-only resort. Any suggestions would be seriously appreciated as this whole search is making me more and more frustrated instead of more and more excited.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 2 Anguilla. House to rent or swap Jan or Fec 2018
- 3 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 4 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 5 Cuba for 6 days
- 6 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 7 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 8 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 9 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 10 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 11 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 12 Honeymoon Help!!
- 13 when to visit barbados
- 14 Barbados Beaches
- 15 Punta Cana
- 16 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 17 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 18 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 19 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 20 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 21 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 22 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations
- 24 Trouble booking hotels!
- 25 Tropical Island Trip HELP
Getting frustrated with choosing a resort. Help seriously appreciated!