Me and my boyfriend are planning a vacation in May (though April or June would really be fine as well) to the Caribbean. We stayed at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Jamaica last year and fell in love with the all inclusive beach vacation. This year we'd like to try somewhere different but still kind of high end. My boyfriend also loves snorkeling so we'd like a resort with good snorkeling on the beach or close by at least. The problem is I'm having a hard time trying to narrow down our options. We're flying from Labrador City so we're probably going to spend a whole day each way travelling which has made me think eliminating the more southerly destinations would be a good idea to further eliminate overnights on our way.
I've been leaning towards the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso in Mexico and the Iberostar Grand Bavaro in the Domincan (though I hear this isn't a good snorkeling location at all... so probably not here), but I'm really just not sure. There's so much out there and I've had little experience with the subject area. (Our vacation last year was a destination wedding we attended so all the tough decisions were already made). We definitely want an adult-only resort. Any suggestions would be seriously appreciated as this whole search is making me more and more frustrated instead of more and more excited.
Getting frustrated with choosing a resort. Help seriously appreciated!
- 1 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 2 Wedding Help!
- 3 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 4 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 5 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 6 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 7 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 8 Islands with great nightlife
- 9 month stay on a caribbean island
- 10 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 11 Where to stay on Vieques
- 12 Ferry to Rum Point
- 13 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 14 Family with infants/toddlers
- 15 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 16 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 17 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 18 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 19 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 20 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 21 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 22 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 23 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 24 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 25 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?