Me and my boyfriend are planning a vacation in May (though April or June would really be fine as well) to the Caribbean. We stayed at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Jamaica last year and fell in love with the all inclusive beach vacation. This year we'd like to try somewhere different but still kind of high end. My boyfriend also loves snorkeling so we'd like a resort with good snorkeling on the beach or close by at least. The problem is I'm having a hard time trying to narrow down our options. We're flying from Labrador City so we're probably going to spend a whole day each way travelling which has made me think eliminating the more southerly destinations would be a good idea to further eliminate overnights on our way.
I've been leaning towards the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso in Mexico and the Iberostar Grand Bavaro in the Domincan (though I hear this isn't a good snorkeling location at all... so probably not here), but I'm really just not sure. There's so much out there and I've had little experience with the subject area. (Our vacation last year was a destination wedding we attended so all the tough decisions were already made). We definitely want an adult-only resort. Any suggestions would be seriously appreciated as this whole search is making me more and more frustrated instead of more and more excited.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 2 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 3 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 4 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 5 Safest Islands for Us?
- 6 Bermuda in February or March
- 7 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 8 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 9 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 10 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 11 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 12 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 13 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 14 Narrowing it down
- 15 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 16 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 17 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 18 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 19 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 20 Destination Wedding
- 21 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 22 Help us plan a laid back honeymoon
- 23 by ship from puerto rico to the AVI or BVI
- 24 barbados vs. Bonaire
- 25 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
Getting frustrated with choosing a resort. Help seriously appreciated!