Me and my boyfriend are planning a vacation in May (though April or June would really be fine as well) to the Caribbean. We stayed at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Jamaica last year and fell in love with the all inclusive beach vacation. This year we'd like to try somewhere different but still kind of high end. My boyfriend also loves snorkeling so we'd like a resort with good snorkeling on the beach or close by at least. The problem is I'm having a hard time trying to narrow down our options. We're flying from Labrador City so we're probably going to spend a whole day each way travelling which has made me think eliminating the more southerly destinations would be a good idea to further eliminate overnights on our way.
I've been leaning towards the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso in Mexico and the Iberostar Grand Bavaro in the Domincan (though I hear this isn't a good snorkeling location at all... so probably not here), but I'm really just not sure. There's so much out there and I've had little experience with the subject area. (Our vacation last year was a destination wedding we attended so all the tough decisions were already made). We definitely want an adult-only resort. Any suggestions would be seriously appreciated as this whole search is making me more and more frustrated instead of more and more excited.
Getting frustrated with choosing a resort. Help seriously appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bahamas Resort
- 2 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 3 Which country?
- 4 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 5 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 6 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 7 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 8 Antigua or St Martin
- 9 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 10 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 11 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 12 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 13 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 14 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 15 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 montego bay
- 18 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 19 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 20 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 21 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 22 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 23 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 24 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 25 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay