Last year for our honeymoon, my husband and I went on an Arabella cruise in the US and British Virgin Islands. It left me itching to do more in the Caribbean, like travel to one of the French speaking islands in the Lesser Antilles. Our last cruise was on a tall ship that had 40 people on it. While we were able to accomplish a lot more this way (almost like group travel), this time I would like a more intimate trip- and not a cruise but rather a stationery place, resort or hotel even. (We don't need fancy!). I found I loved snorkeling, so a place that has many options for that would be good, too. I also would like to do some rain forest hikes and historical stops. Alternatively, I've never been to Hawaii and always wanted to try surfing. I bet there are great snorkel spots there too so it is a tough call. Anywhere in the world is game in my opinion, I'm just looking for world class snorkeling and beautiful isolated beaches. Suggestions?
French West Indies VS Hawaii
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 2 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 3 Family with infants/toddlers
- 4 Ferry to Rum Point
- 5 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 6 Islands with great nightlife
- 7 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 8 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 9 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 10 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 11 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 12 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 13 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 14 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 15 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 16 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 17 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 18 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 19 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 20 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 21 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 22 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 23 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 24 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 25 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales