It's a walk-off.
My wife and I have whittled down our options for a Caribbean trip this Spring, and now we have to choose between two resorts: Four Seasons Nevis and Carlisle Bay Antigua. Our AMEX travel agent has recommended these two, and we'll be getting the FHR benefts at both.
We are a young couple looking for a relaxing vacation with lots of time on the beach. We would prefer not to have too many kids around, but a few is OK. I think our travel timing (late May) will ensure that we're not swamped with families anyway.
We aren't planning on being too adventurous, and most days we'll probably spend on a chaise in the sand. However, we would appreciate the option of exploring the island beyond the resort, taking nature hikes, shopping, going out to eat.
In terms of watersports, we would like on-site access to sailboats, paddleboards, and snorkeling. We prefer calm, shallow water, as we've spent some time recently at places that have lots of wave action/current and we want a change.
We also want to go on a horseback trail/beach ride at some point. We are very into food, and we love big breakfasts (especially since they're free via FHR).
We love making use of the spa, too.
To give you a reference point, we went to Parrot Cay and Grace Bay Club this past fall, and we loved both, but we especially loved the upscale yet relaxed feel of Parrot Cay (and the Como Shambala spa was killer).
I think the FS is going to end up being cheaper on the front end, but we would be willing to spend more for Carlisle if it's worth the premium.
Any advice would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Aruba weather
- 2 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 3 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 4 Turks and caicos
- 5 Island Choice
- 6 Cruise stop activities
- 7 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 8 Jade Mountain
- 9 Turks and caicos
- 10 Honeymoon Help!!
- 11 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 12 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 13 Bermuda
- 14 Restaurant Suggestions
- 15 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 16 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 17 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 18 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 19 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 20 Taxi info. Self touring
- 21 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 22 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 23 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 24 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 25 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
It's a walk-off.