It's a walk-off.
My wife and I have whittled down our options for a Caribbean trip this Spring, and now we have to choose between two resorts: Four Seasons Nevis and Carlisle Bay Antigua. Our AMEX travel agent has recommended these two, and we'll be getting the FHR benefts at both.
We are a young couple looking for a relaxing vacation with lots of time on the beach. We would prefer not to have too many kids around, but a few is OK. I think our travel timing (late May) will ensure that we're not swamped with families anyway.
We aren't planning on being too adventurous, and most days we'll probably spend on a chaise in the sand. However, we would appreciate the option of exploring the island beyond the resort, taking nature hikes, shopping, going out to eat.
In terms of watersports, we would like on-site access to sailboats, paddleboards, and snorkeling. We prefer calm, shallow water, as we've spent some time recently at places that have lots of wave action/current and we want a change.
We also want to go on a horseback trail/beach ride at some point. We are very into food, and we love big breakfasts (especially since they're free via FHR).
We love making use of the spa, too.
To give you a reference point, we went to Parrot Cay and Grace Bay Club this past fall, and we loved both, but we especially loved the upscale yet relaxed feel of Parrot Cay (and the Como Shambala spa was killer).
I think the FS is going to end up being cheaper on the front end, but we would be willing to spend more for Carlisle if it's worth the premium.
Any advice would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/paravex-male-enhancement/
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 4 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 5 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 6 aruba planning advice
- 7 Move to grand cayman
- 8 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 9 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 10 Malaria Punta Cana
- 11 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 12 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 13 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 14 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 15 New Destination
- 16 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 17 Bahamas help
- 18 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 19 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 20 Vacation suggestion, please
- 21 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 22 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 23 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 24 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 25 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
It's a walk-off.