It's a walk-off.
My wife and I have whittled down our options for a Caribbean trip this Spring, and now we have to choose between two resorts: Four Seasons Nevis and Carlisle Bay Antigua. Our AMEX travel agent has recommended these two, and we'll be getting the FHR benefts at both.
We are a young couple looking for a relaxing vacation with lots of time on the beach. We would prefer not to have too many kids around, but a few is OK. I think our travel timing (late May) will ensure that we're not swamped with families anyway.
We aren't planning on being too adventurous, and most days we'll probably spend on a chaise in the sand. However, we would appreciate the option of exploring the island beyond the resort, taking nature hikes, shopping, going out to eat.
In terms of watersports, we would like on-site access to sailboats, paddleboards, and snorkeling. We prefer calm, shallow water, as we've spent some time recently at places that have lots of wave action/current and we want a change.
We also want to go on a horseback trail/beach ride at some point. We are very into food, and we love big breakfasts (especially since they're free via FHR).
We love making use of the spa, too.
To give you a reference point, we went to Parrot Cay and Grace Bay Club this past fall, and we loved both, but we especially loved the upscale yet relaxed feel of Parrot Cay (and the Como Shambala spa was killer).
I think the FS is going to end up being cheaper on the front end, but we would be willing to spend more for Carlisle if it's worth the premium.
Any advice would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
Four Seasons Nevis vs. Carlisle Bay Antigua
It's a walk-off.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 2 Advice needed
- 3 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 4 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 5 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 6 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 7 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 8 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 9 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 10 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 11 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 12 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 13 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 14 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 15 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 16 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 17 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 18 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 19 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 20 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 21 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 22 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 23 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 24 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 25 Which island?