It's a walk-off.
My wife and I have whittled down our options for a Caribbean trip this Spring, and now we have to choose between two resorts: Four Seasons Nevis and Carlisle Bay Antigua. Our AMEX travel agent has recommended these two, and we'll be getting the FHR benefts at both.
We are a young couple looking for a relaxing vacation with lots of time on the beach. We would prefer not to have too many kids around, but a few is OK. I think our travel timing (late May) will ensure that we're not swamped with families anyway.
We aren't planning on being too adventurous, and most days we'll probably spend on a chaise in the sand. However, we would appreciate the option of exploring the island beyond the resort, taking nature hikes, shopping, going out to eat.
In terms of watersports, we would like on-site access to sailboats, paddleboards, and snorkeling. We prefer calm, shallow water, as we've spent some time recently at places that have lots of wave action/current and we want a change.
We also want to go on a horseback trail/beach ride at some point. We are very into food, and we love big breakfasts (especially since they're free via FHR).
We love making use of the spa, too.
To give you a reference point, we went to Parrot Cay and Grace Bay Club this past fall, and we loved both, but we especially loved the upscale yet relaxed feel of Parrot Cay (and the Como Shambala spa was killer).
I think the FS is going to end up being cheaper on the front end, but we would be willing to spend more for Carlisle if it's worth the premium.
Any advice would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Samsung S7/iPhones 6s 64gb /iPad/Laptops @ discount price
- 2 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 3 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 4 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 5 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 6 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 7 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 8 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 9 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 10 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 11 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 12 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 13 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 14 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 15 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 16 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 17 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 18 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 19 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation
- 20 all inclusive advice
- 21 Thinking of Grand Cayman after years in Turks and Caicos
- 22 family vaca in jamaica with teens, where to stay?
- 23 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 24 St Thomas, Curacao, St Croix or San Juan with adult kids?
- 25 will my American kids be considered tourists like me
It's a walk-off.