I will be doing research in the Archives in Fort de France in July for two weeks. My husband will be joining me at the end of the period, and we would like to take 4-5 days to visit the plantations and other historical sites and do some hiking in the northern part of the island. Is it realistic to keep our apartment in Fort-de-France and make day or overnight trips from there? Thanks!
Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 2 not tell a litigation a which basically ch
- 3 Jamaica all inclusive
- 4 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 5 Why Barbados?
- 6 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 7 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 8 Cuba Opening Up
- 9 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 10 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 11 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 12 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 13 Just back from The Somerset
- 14 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 15 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 16 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 17 Sandals Resorts
- 18 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 19 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 20 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 21 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 22 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 23 Cuba in 10 days
- 24 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 25 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic