My fiancee and I are planning a honeymoon for May 2013 and have decided we will spend 5 days in the Caribbean to relax at the end of a longer trip to South America (Peru and Ecuador). For the 5 days (4 nights), we will have a budget of about US$4,000 for both of us on accommodation, air tickets (out of NY) and other misc items.
We are a couple in our late twenties and consider the following as the most important criteria: 1) uncrowded and romantic beaches with the clearest bluest water and white sand and 2) we also like to explore a bit (either by dinghy or by car) around the island to try different restaurants and hit up different beaches so we prefer not to stay somewhere where we will be stranded at the resort.
Based on all the research and helpful comments from this forum, we have currently narrowed down to the following choices:
1) Anguilla - beautiful white sand and turquoise water, excellent dining scene and also easy to drive around and explore different beaches, luxurious resort (CuisinArt, Cap Juluca)
2) Bahamas Out Islands (Eleuthera, Abacos, Exumas) - beautiful water and white sand as well, but a bit more off the beaten path, very casual atmosphere, can drive around as well as boat around to deserted beaches, dining so so
3) Turks & Caicos - again beautiful water and sand, easy to drive around, a bit more commercialized (especially Grace Bay compared to Anguilla and Out Islands), good dining, luxurious resorts (Somerset, Regent Palms)
Also consider BVI / USVI but thought these are three are more suitable. Just want to see what recommendations you have for us? Many thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 토토 총판 수입 ＊＊접속주소 : ♤ kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017☏]
- 2 PR or USVI
- 3 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 4 Which Caribbean island?
- 5 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 6 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 7 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 8 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 9 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 10 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 11 5 days in Havana
- 12 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 13 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 16 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 17 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 18 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 19 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 20 Scrub Island Resort
- 21 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 22 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 23 Wedding Destinations???
- 24 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 25 Down to two in January have we got it right