My fiancee and I are planning a honeymoon for May 2013 and have decided we will spend 5 days in the Caribbean to relax at the end of a longer trip to South America (Peru and Ecuador). For the 5 days (4 nights), we will have a budget of about US$4,000 for both of us on accommodation, air tickets (out of NY) and other misc items.
We are a couple in our late twenties and consider the following as the most important criteria: 1) uncrowded and romantic beaches with the clearest bluest water and white sand and 2) we also like to explore a bit (either by dinghy or by car) around the island to try different restaurants and hit up different beaches so we prefer not to stay somewhere where we will be stranded at the resort.
Based on all the research and helpful comments from this forum, we have currently narrowed down to the following choices:
1) Anguilla - beautiful white sand and turquoise water, excellent dining scene and also easy to drive around and explore different beaches, luxurious resort (CuisinArt, Cap Juluca)
2) Bahamas Out Islands (Eleuthera, Abacos, Exumas) - beautiful water and white sand as well, but a bit more off the beaten path, very casual atmosphere, can drive around as well as boat around to deserted beaches, dining so so
3) Turks & Caicos - again beautiful water and sand, easy to drive around, a bit more commercialized (especially Grace Bay compared to Anguilla and Out Islands), good dining, luxurious resorts (Somerset, Regent Palms)
Also consider BVI / USVI but thought these are three are more suitable. Just want to see what recommendations you have for us? Many thanks!!
For the bluest water and whitest sand?
- 1 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 2 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 3 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 4 Islands with great nightlife
- 5 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 6 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 7 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 8 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 9 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 10 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 11 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 12 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 13 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 14 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 15 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 16 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 17 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 18 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 19 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 20 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 21 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 22 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 23 Beaches Turks question
- 24 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 25 Curacao - where to stay