My boyfriend and I are going to Grand Bahama in about a week, and we have never been there before (actually, we've never been to the Caribbean, for that matter). We will be staying there for 6 days in a condo, and I would love some advice on things to do, places to see, a few inexpensive restaurants to eat at, etc.
We are not "resort-y" type people, and we usually do not stick around areas that are super mainstream. Our plan is to rent a car or a couple scooters to get out and explore the island. So far, I know I would like to see Gold Rock Beach, but I don't really know anything else. Does anyone have some cool suggestions to add to our itinerary? I'm open to any and all advice! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Providenciales Review
- 2 Bermuda-Catamarran
- 3 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 4 Best snorkeling, hiking, local vibe and food
- 5 Atlantis in Bahamas
- 6 Bermuda, Puerto Rico or somewhere else?
- 7 Cuba in 5 days?
- 8 Groupon Tours
- 9 Providenciales Airport
- 10 Small luxe Caribbean hotels
- 11 Numero 1 guest House
- 12 Mango Reef Restaurant in Turks and Caicos
- 13 Babymoon Beach Vacation
- 14 Grand Bahia Principe, Punta Cana
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Large Family Trip to Caribbean
- 17 St. Thomas vs Bahamas?
- 18 The Pigs of No Name Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
- 19 turks caicos
- 20 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 21 Curacao
- 22 Puerto Rico since the "meltdown"
- 23 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 24 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 25 Need more folks for Atlantis boat charter
First visit to Grand Bahama in a week. Any cool suggestions?