My boyfriend and I are going to Grand Bahama in about a week, and we have never been there before (actually, we've never been to the Caribbean, for that matter). We will be staying there for 6 days in a condo, and I would love some advice on things to do, places to see, a few inexpensive restaurants to eat at, etc.
We are not "resort-y" type people, and we usually do not stick around areas that are super mainstream. Our plan is to rent a car or a couple scooters to get out and explore the island. So far, I know I would like to see Gold Rock Beach, but I don't really know anything else. Does anyone have some cool suggestions to add to our itinerary? I'm open to any and all advice! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Maarten with older teens
- 2 Aruba trip report (first time visitors)
- 3 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 4 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 5 Tortola Where to stay on a Budget?!
- 6 Restaurant selection in Grand Case
- 7 San Juan Restaurant Rec for 48
- 8 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 9 Looking for destination suggestions
- 10 Favorite Anguilla Restaurants
- 11 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 12 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 13 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 14 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 15 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 16 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 17 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 18 Any suggestions??
- 19 Gustavia stay
- 20 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 21 My week in Guadeloupe
- 22 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 23 Which Island?
- 24 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 25 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
First visit to Grand Bahama in a week. Any cool suggestions?