My boyfriend and I are going to Grand Bahama in about a week, and we have never been there before (actually, we've never been to the Caribbean, for that matter). We will be staying there for 6 days in a condo, and I would love some advice on things to do, places to see, a few inexpensive restaurants to eat at, etc.
We are not "resort-y" type people, and we usually do not stick around areas that are super mainstream. Our plan is to rent a car or a couple scooters to get out and explore the island. So far, I know I would like to see Gold Rock Beach, but I don't really know anything else. Does anyone have some cool suggestions to add to our itinerary? I'm open to any and all advice! Thanks!
First visit to Grand Bahama in a week. Any cool suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 2 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 3 Bahamas Resort
- 4 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 5 Which country?
- 6 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 7 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 8 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 9 Antigua or St Martin
- 10 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 11 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 12 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 13 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 14 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 15 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 montego bay
- 18 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 19 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 20 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 21 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 22 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 23 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 24 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 25 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay