My boyfriend and I are going to Grand Bahama in about a week, and we have never been there before (actually, we've never been to the Caribbean, for that matter). We will be staying there for 6 days in a condo, and I would love some advice on things to do, places to see, a few inexpensive restaurants to eat at, etc.
We are not "resort-y" type people, and we usually do not stick around areas that are super mainstream. Our plan is to rent a car or a couple scooters to get out and explore the island. So far, I know I would like to see Gold Rock Beach, but I don't really know anything else. Does anyone have some cool suggestions to add to our itinerary? I'm open to any and all advice! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 2 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 3 Anyone know Blue Cave Castle in Negril?
- 4 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 5 Restaurant Recommendations
- 6 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 7 Trouble booking hotels!
- 8 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 9 Airport transfer PUJ
- 10 Bahama's outer island
- 11 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 12 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 13 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 14 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 15 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 16 40 min layover in CLT
- 17 Atlantis 1 day
- 18 Atlantis on a budget
- 19 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 20 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 21 St. Barts
- 22 Buses in Aruba
- 23 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 24 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 25 Stingray City Tour
First visit to Grand Bahama in a week. Any cool suggestions?