My boyfriend and I are going to Grand Bahama in about a week, and we have never been there before (actually, we've never been to the Caribbean, for that matter). We will be staying there for 6 days in a condo, and I would love some advice on things to do, places to see, a few inexpensive restaurants to eat at, etc.
We are not "resort-y" type people, and we usually do not stick around areas that are super mainstream. Our plan is to rent a car or a couple scooters to get out and explore the island. So far, I know I would like to see Gold Rock Beach, but I don't really know anything else. Does anyone have some cool suggestions to add to our itinerary? I'm open to any and all advice! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 Swimming Pigs
- 4 Month travel ideas
- 5 Cuba weather in March
- 6 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 7 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 8 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 9 aruba planning advice
- 10 Move to grand cayman
- 11 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 12 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 13 Malaria Punta Cana
- 14 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 15 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 16 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 17 New Destination
- 18 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 19 Bahamas help
- 20 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 21 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 22 Vacation suggestion, please
- 23 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 24 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 25 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
First visit to Grand Bahama in a week. Any cool suggestions?