Ill start with some details about our trip and hopefully we can get some input on where to go or how to start narrowing things down. Me and my girlfriend are looking to take advantage of the decreased prices for south vacations at the end of april. We've spent hours looking at pre-packaged vacations on the typical sites, looking up the resorts and the reviews about them but just cant seem to really make a decision because there are SO MANY options.
Flying From: Toronto/Detroit
Flying To: thats what we need help with
When: April 21st or 22nd
Ages: 20yrs old, students
Budget: $1200-1500/person -- ~$3000 total
What we want: All-inclusive resort, beachfront. On-site snorkeling would be a huge plus too, would like to see some coral and fish, nothing too insane though
Length: 5-7 days
The problem is we don't really care what country we go to. We want to avoid Mexico but other than that the options are wide open. I've done the fairly typical Mexico, Dominican R., Jamaica trips before and had a blast but somewhere different would be really cool, even to central america etc.
I guess my question is, if anybody has any great places to check out, any tips on how to narrow down our search, any places to avoid during late April etc that would be really appreciated, never planned/booked a vacation on our own before so we dont know where to start
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 importing pets to sxm
- 2 Charter transfer boat from SXM to SBH?
- 3 Restaurant Recommendations
- 4 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 5 St. Barts
- 6 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 7 Anguilla booked and now where else?
- 8 PR or USVI
- 9 Which Caribbean island?
- 10 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 11 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 12 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 13 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 14 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 15 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 16 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 17 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 18 5 days in Havana
- 19 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 20 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 21 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 22 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 23 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 24 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 25 10 pm arrival St. Maarten