My husband is taking me to Aruba for our delayed honeymoon the 2nd week of February (been married 1yr 4mo) and we've decided to extend for an additional 3-7 days. We're in the 35-45 age range, from Vegas, in the hospitality industry, and typically do adults-only all-inclusive resorts (Secrets/Zoetry) although he really prefers more exclusive and/or boutique hotels. We do not have kids so really prefer adults only or hotels that have separate areas (specifically pools) for adults. I've done quite a bit of research and it looks like we're pretty limited on which islands can be accessed easily from Aruba. So I'm wondering...
1) Is there enough to do in Aruba to just extend our time there? If so, what would be on your "can't miss" list? Is there a hotel that you love on the island? For the first leg of our trip we're staying at the Riu Palace Antillas but would prefer to have a change of scenery at least if we stay in Aruba.
2) If 7 nights is really enough on Aruba, would you choose to extend in Curacao or St. Martin?
3) I really wanted to go to St. Lucia but I couldn't find any way to get there without flying to Miami first, staying the night there and then flying to St Lucia which seems ridiculous when it should just be an hour flight. That said, does anyone have any experience with making this jump? Is there a more efficient way to accomplish it? Are there charter or ferry flights that are reasonably priced (Under $1000 USD per person)? And finally, is St. Lucia worth it?
Any input/advise is welcome, particularly if I've missed another option that may be better than the ones I've focused on.
Thanks in Advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 2 Cienfugas and Santiago--tours??
- 3 Suggestions for what to do/see in St. Martin/Maarten
- 4 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 5 Tortola next week
- 6 Summer trip
- 7 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 8 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 9 DR vs. Mexico
- 10 Surf Fly Fishing
- 11 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 12 Family of 5 undecided island
- 13 Christmas 2017
- 14 Honeymoon Help!!
- 15 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 16 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 17 All inclusive
- 18 BVI trip questions
- 19 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 20 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 21 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 22 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 23 family resort ideas?
- 24 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 25 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR