Caribbean Islands Forums

Start a new topic Change Forum
Advanced search

Trip Report Finally my AUG trip report w/pictures of resorts T&C

Jump to last reply

Finally a trip report. I can't believe I've been back for a month, now it feels like I never went and need to return ASAP!


Bought day passes for Beaches, because I'm so curious I can't leave a stone unturned in T&C. My daughter loved it. I think it's a terrific resort for what it is, decent restaurants, gorgeous pools, great drinks. (tip: go to Italian Village pool for drinks, you get real glass instead of plastic.) My biggest surprise? How incredibly nice the service is, always smiling, always serving, can't say the same for some of the guests! ;-) My only thing about Beaches is I'm not a usual AI type, I found myself not even going to the beach that day, and when you have Grace Bay, that's a travesty!


I took my daughter to Veranda's Kids Club, she loved it! High marks for that.


Restaurants: the usual. Wed night ribs (service has highly improved at Tiki Hut.) O'Soleil, food excellent, service painfully slow. Bagatelle, really nice, decent food, great service. Ate at the beach bar there 1 day too-excellent lunch. (outdoor grill is next to the beach.) Biggest disapointment, Hemingways. I always look forward to it, but food took 80 minutes and was overcooked. I'm not one to send it back, but I did, then it was raw. They took it off the bill, but I was sad, because I really love this place. Somewhere On The Beach At Coral Gardens: One of my favorite nights, great food, terrific company, music by Shaun Dean, did I say terrific company? Surrounded by great friends makes for a great meal. JustLaura, Provobum and Ajax1, that means you! One night we ate appts at Seven Stars while Nada played, don't know if it's the food or the ambience, but it was awesome. The best food night was hubby's birthday, dinner at Coco Bistro, always excellent, followed by desert at Coyabas. One of the best nights, and great friends again!


We tried for lobsterfest at O'Soleil twice, first time was canceled due to a wedding, second night it was moved to the patio, as it was rainy/windy. Lobster was terrific, live music by Nada was excellent. I love them! I did miss the part about wiggling toes in the sand as you eat though.


The most amazing day came with a surprise. 1/2 day Caicos Dream Tours to the usual terrific stops; snorkel, conch, Half Moon Bay. But there was the surprise. The water was exceptionally calm, and it was bright and sunny. So they took us way past the reef to the middle of the ocean. (Told us they were taking us to Cuba.) Told us to jump in and put masks on. 2 wise guys (not even Provobum!) said, "we're not doing it, it drops to 7000 feet, there's nothing to see." My daughter starts screaming "OMG,OMG." So the guys jump in. Because of the 7000 foot drop off, the sun beams shot like rays all the way down. It gave the impression that when you swam, the rays were shooting off of you. It made everybody GLOW. 1 snorkeler volunteered to dive down a little so I could take his picture. I promise I did not photoshop that picture. Real life it was amazing. Because it was 7000 feet of salt water, when you dive down and turn to come back up, you "shoot" through the water and pop back up. Shame the pictures don't do justice to the experience. I never knew something like this existed.


Weather: because everyone loves to talk about the weather. Overall terrific. We had 1 overcast day but didn't rain. (forecast said 20%) 1 day that was perfect, the calm CDT day (60% chance.) The rest of the 10 days were sunny, sometimes a passing 5 minute shower in late afternoon, and hot! Just the way I like it. (forecast 30-40%) We could see passing showers over the water at a distance, and sometimes some terrific lightning.


I need to go back!


Pictures: (2 of the pictures, of potcakes, were featured on Caribbean Travel & Life's magazine website!)

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/blamona/TCI%20Aug%202010/?albumview=slideshow

8-)

21 Replies |Back to top

| Add a Reply

Sign in to comment.

Recent Activity

  • Announcement:
  • Fodor's Go List 2015 Has Been Announced
    by Emily_D Fodor's Editor | Posted on Dec 19, 14 at 05:08 PM
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
  1. 1 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
  2. 2 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
  3. 3 Jamaica
  4. 4 Jamaica all inclusive
  5. 5 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
  6. 6 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
  7. 7 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
  8. 8 Cuba Opening Up
  9. 9 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
  10. 10 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
  11. 11 Why Barbados?
  12. 12 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
  13. 13 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
  14. 14 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
  15. 15 Half Moon in Jamaica
  16. 16 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
  17. 17 Trip Report Just back from The Somerset
  18. 18 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
  19. 19 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
  20. 20 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
  21. 21 Sandals Resorts
  22. 22 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
  23. 23 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
  24. 24 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
  25. 25 Trip Report Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
View next 25 » Back to the top