I am trying to plan a vacation for my family (2 daughters in their 20s) for this summer in June. We have been to Barbados 3 times, but we want to try a new island. We have been to Turks & Caicos also. We are a family that loves to be by the beach, walking distance is a must. We prefer to stay at Villas rather than resorts. We are looking for a relaxing place to escape, not so much tourist attractions. My husband and daughter are scuba divers, so great reefs would be wonderful. Any island with a historic and unique culture would be great. As of now, St. Lucia, St. Barts, and St. Thomas have caught my eye, but I am open to all islands! Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 2 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 3 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 4 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 5 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 6 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 7 Looking for destination suggestions
- 8 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 9 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 10 Any suggestions??
- 11 Gustavia stay
- 12 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 13 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 14 My week in Guadeloupe
- 15 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 16 Which Island?
- 17 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 18 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 19 Freeport, Bahamas
- 20 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)
- 21 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 22 Freeport Hotel
- 23 Nassau Bahamas and Cell Phone
- 24 Freeport Bahamas, general advice ?
- 25 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user