I am trying to plan a vacation for my family (2 daughters in their 20s) for this summer in June. We have been to Barbados 3 times, but we want to try a new island. We have been to Turks & Caicos also. We are a family that loves to be by the beach, walking distance is a must. We prefer to stay at Villas rather than resorts. We are looking for a relaxing place to escape, not so much tourist attractions. My husband and daughter are scuba divers, so great reefs would be wonderful. Any island with a historic and unique culture would be great. As of now, St. Lucia, St. Barts, and St. Thomas have caught my eye, but I am open to all islands! Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Family vacation help
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 2 Safe for Family
- 3 Bahamas girls trip
- 4 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 5 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 6 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 7 Snorkeling
- 8 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 9 fish fry on Curacao
- 10 mosquito problem in Curacao
- 11 Place to stay and dive in Curacao for new divers
- 12 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 13 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 14 2 Weeks in Caribbean
- 15 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 16 Restaurants in Aruba
- 17 Questions about Moving to the Carribean
- 18 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 19 St. John vs St Thomas with kids (7 and 9) for New Years week?
- 20 Good place to hear music- San Juan
- 21 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 22 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 23 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 24 Planning a honeymoon for middle of August
- 25 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please