I am struggling with deciding on a family vacation spot. Although I've asked this question before, we have never followed through and gone on a big vacation with both kids. Our children are now 4 and 7 and I think we are finally ready to go away. The problem is, there's almost too much information online, and I am making myself nuts trying to pick the perfect place. I think we feel some pressure since we have not been away, and are not planning to go on major vacations every year.
That being said, I think the Caribbean makes the most sense for us. We are in thre NY/NJ area and looking to travel in April. Some places we have checked out: Beaches in Turks, Westin in GCI, St. Regis in PR, Paradisus Palma Real in DR, etc. We were in Aruba with our older son when he was about 3, and really enjoyed it. Ideally we'd like to spend under $7500 all in, whether all inclusive, or not, and factoring in food budget.
Would love your thoughts. I have browsed the boards, but there are so many inconsistencies with places. I know nothing is perfect; I just want to make the right choice for my family.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 2 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 3 St. John Trip Report
- 4 Best Restaurants on Tortola
- 5 No rain in June PLEASE
- 6 Cubarinking water?
- 7 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 8 First time to PR
- 9 Catamaran in BVI Bareboat 12 nights
- 10 Family vacation for divers
- 11 Cuba
- 12 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 13 Culinary Employment Iles Des Saintes
- 14 Island recommendation
- 15 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 16 Safe to VRBO in Puerto Rico?
- 17 Can I take alcohol?
- 18 Scrub Island Resort
- 19 Virgin Gorda? 5-Year Anniversary Trip
- 20 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 21 Vacationing Single in Grand Cayman
- 22 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 23 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?
- 24 Island advice plz!
- 25 Aussie couple's 3/4 week trip