I am struggling with deciding on a family vacation spot. Although I've asked this question before, we have never followed through and gone on a big vacation with both kids. Our children are now 4 and 7 and I think we are finally ready to go away. The problem is, there's almost too much information online, and I am making myself nuts trying to pick the perfect place. I think we feel some pressure since we have not been away, and are not planning to go on major vacations every year.
That being said, I think the Caribbean makes the most sense for us. We are in thre NY/NJ area and looking to travel in April. Some places we have checked out: Beaches in Turks, Westin in GCI, St. Regis in PR, Paradisus Palma Real in DR, etc. We were in Aruba with our older son when he was about 3, and really enjoyed it. Ideally we'd like to spend under $7500 all in, whether all inclusive, or not, and factoring in food budget.
Would love your thoughts. I have browsed the boards, but there are so many inconsistencies with places. I know nothing is perfect; I just want to make the right choice for my family.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 2 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 3 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 4 St.Lucia newbie
- 5 aruba fun!!!
- 6 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 7 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 8 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 9 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 10 Turks and caicos
- 11 Aruba weather
- 12 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 13 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 14 Turks and caicos
- 15 Cruise stop activities
- 16 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 17 Jade Mountain
- 18 Honeymoon Help!!
- 19 Bermuda
- 20 Restaurant Suggestions
- 21 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 22 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 23 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 24 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 25 Taxi info. Self touring