I am struggling with deciding on a family vacation spot. Although I've asked this question before, we have never followed through and gone on a big vacation with both kids. Our children are now 4 and 7 and I think we are finally ready to go away. The problem is, there's almost too much information online, and I am making myself nuts trying to pick the perfect place. I think we feel some pressure since we have not been away, and are not planning to go on major vacations every year.
That being said, I think the Caribbean makes the most sense for us. We are in thre NY/NJ area and looking to travel in April. Some places we have checked out: Beaches in Turks, Westin in GCI, St. Regis in PR, Paradisus Palma Real in DR, etc. We were in Aruba with our older son when he was about 3, and really enjoyed it. Ideally we'd like to spend under $7500 all in, whether all inclusive, or not, and factoring in food budget.
Would love your thoughts. I have browsed the boards, but there are so many inconsistencies with places. I know nothing is perfect; I just want to make the right choice for my family.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 First trip trip Puerto Rico
- 2 New Years Eve / St John
- 3 aruba planning advice
- 4 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 5 Looking for island choice help
- 6 Destination Wedding- affordable
- 7 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 8 US Cash in Cuba
- 9 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 10 Need Help picking the right WARM Caribbean Vacation
- 11 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 12 Peterson
- 13 HELP! First-time vacationer to Caribbean in need expertise
- 14 Help with post tour stay Cuba
- 15 St. Croix or St. Thomas
- 16 So very lost trying to plan..please help
- 17 Timothy Beach or Oualie Beach? St.Kitts vs. Nevis
- 18 September Anniversary Trip to Turks & Caicos
- 19 Turning 40 in the Caribbean
- 20 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 21 Dream 50th Anniversary
- 22 Westin or Marriott in Grand Cayman?
- 23 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 24 Help picking a resort
- 25 Butler room in Sandals Grande Riviera Ocho Rios