I am struggling with deciding on a family vacation spot. Although I've asked this question before, we have never followed through and gone on a big vacation with both kids. Our children are now 4 and 7 and I think we are finally ready to go away. The problem is, there's almost too much information online, and I am making myself nuts trying to pick the perfect place. I think we feel some pressure since we have not been away, and are not planning to go on major vacations every year.
That being said, I think the Caribbean makes the most sense for us. We are in thre NY/NJ area and looking to travel in April. Some places we have checked out: Beaches in Turks, Westin in GCI, St. Regis in PR, Paradisus Palma Real in DR, etc. We were in Aruba with our older son when he was about 3, and really enjoyed it. Ideally we'd like to spend under $7500 all in, whether all inclusive, or not, and factoring in food budget.
Would love your thoughts. I have browsed the boards, but there are so many inconsistencies with places. I know nothing is perfect; I just want to make the right choice for my family.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 2 Regular visists to St. Thomas
- 3 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 4 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 5 Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
- 6 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 7 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 8 30th anniversary trip
- 9 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 10 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 11 Bermuda in February or March
- 12 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 13 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 14 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 15 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 16 Safest Islands for Us?
- 17 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 18 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 19 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 20 Narrowing it down
- 21 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 22 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 23 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 24 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 25 Destination Wedding