I am struggling with deciding on a family vacation spot. Although I've asked this question before, we have never followed through and gone on a big vacation with both kids. Our children are now 4 and 7 and I think we are finally ready to go away. The problem is, there's almost too much information online, and I am making myself nuts trying to pick the perfect place. I think we feel some pressure since we have not been away, and are not planning to go on major vacations every year.
That being said, I think the Caribbean makes the most sense for us. We are in thre NY/NJ area and looking to travel in April. Some places we have checked out: Beaches in Turks, Westin in GCI, St. Regis in PR, Paradisus Palma Real in DR, etc. We were in Aruba with our older son when he was about 3, and really enjoyed it. Ideally we'd like to spend under $7500 all in, whether all inclusive, or not, and factoring in food budget.
Would love your thoughts. I have browsed the boards, but there are so many inconsistencies with places. I know nothing is perfect; I just want to make the right choice for my family.
Thanks in advance!
Family Vacation Assistance
- 1 Safety in Puerto Rico?
- 2 Help choosing an all inclusive resort!
- 3 Curacao vs Puerto Rico
- 4 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 5 St. John USVI in July
- 6 Where to go??
- 7 Photos from Havana and Vinales May 2013
- 8 which month has a low heat index in Turks & Caicos
- 9 Staying in Aruba for 1 week in December
- 10 where to travel for 50th birthday with family?
- 11 Sightseeing and Lounging Islands
- 12 Sea Castle Villa Renters Beware!!
- 13 Do restaurants in Bermuda allow corkage/BYO
- 14 puerto rico cruise
- 15 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 16 Active island stay for November solo trip?
- 17 Caribbean Real Estate Jobs
- 18 Best Quaint All Inclusive Resort
- 19 Kid-Friendly All-Inclusives in Caribbean or Cancun
- 20 Recent St. Martin travelers
- 21 Resort near a town?
- 22 Which hotel should we stay at in Aruba?
- 23 Puerto Rico - too much? a.k.a will I be like a coqui hopping all over?
- 24 Freeport to Abaco, how do you do it?
- 25 Ziplines near Rincon/West Coast of Puerto Rico NOT part of a tour