I am struggling with deciding on a family vacation spot. Although I've asked this question before, we have never followed through and gone on a big vacation with both kids. Our children are now 4 and 7 and I think we are finally ready to go away. The problem is, there's almost too much information online, and I am making myself nuts trying to pick the perfect place. I think we feel some pressure since we have not been away, and are not planning to go on major vacations every year.
That being said, I think the Caribbean makes the most sense for us. We are in thre NY/NJ area and looking to travel in April. Some places we have checked out: Beaches in Turks, Westin in GCI, St. Regis in PR, Paradisus Palma Real in DR, etc. We were in Aruba with our older son when he was about 3, and really enjoyed it. Ideally we'd like to spend under $7500 all in, whether all inclusive, or not, and factoring in food budget.
Would love your thoughts. I have browsed the boards, but there are so many inconsistencies with places. I know nothing is perfect; I just want to make the right choice for my family.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best 'Swimming' Beaches in the Caribbean- from SFO
- 2 overwhelmed by the Bahamas!
- 3 7 Adults and a 51/2 month old
- 4 Cuba in November
- 5 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 6 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 7 Evening temperatures
- 8 Choosing Between a Rental on Nassau or Eleuethera
- 9 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 10 50th Birthday with Family
- 11 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 12 Birthday Celebration
- 13 DR - All inclusive
- 14 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 15 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 16 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 17 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 18 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 19 Late May Trip
- 20 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 21 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Cheers to Beers!
- 24 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 25 any advice about the Cayman Islands?