We are a family of 4 (kids are 6 and 8) trying to plan our Spring vacation. We are not the type to sit on a beach for a week, so we're looking for a fairly active (but WARM!) place to go. We''re thinking about Puerto Rico, splitting our time in San Juan, and then somehere else on the island. In San Juan, we're looking at La Concha and the Conrad. Any comments on either of them? We want a decent pool/beach area, and somewhere we can get to Old San Juan and the forts fairly easily. Should we rent a car for this portion? We will definitely rent a car when we leave San Juan. We were thinking of El Conquistador but I am kind of turned off by the fact that you have to pay additional to use the water park. We will definitely plan on seeing El Yunque. Any other suggestions on somewhere to stay out of San Juan, not too far from El Yunque? Thanks in advance for any help!
Family trip to Puerto Rico
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Four Seasons Nevis and RoamsAround thanks
- 2 2 weeks in cuba
- 3 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 4 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 5 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 6 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 7 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 8 Jamaica
- 9 Jamaica all inclusive
- 10 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 11 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 12 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 13 Cuba Opening Up
- 14 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 15 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 16 Why Barbados?
- 17 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 18 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 19 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 20 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 21 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 22 Just back from The Somerset
- 23 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 24 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 25 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers