We are a family of 4 (kids are 6 and 8) trying to plan our Spring vacation. We are not the type to sit on a beach for a week, so we're looking for a fairly active (but WARM!) place to go. We''re thinking about Puerto Rico, splitting our time in San Juan, and then somehere else on the island. In San Juan, we're looking at La Concha and the Conrad. Any comments on either of them? We want a decent pool/beach area, and somewhere we can get to Old San Juan and the forts fairly easily. Should we rent a car for this portion? We will definitely rent a car when we leave San Juan. We were thinking of El Conquistador but I am kind of turned off by the fact that you have to pay additional to use the water park. We will definitely plan on seeing El Yunque. Any other suggestions on somewhere to stay out of San Juan, not too far from El Yunque? Thanks in advance for any help!
Family trip to Puerto Rico
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 2 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 3 Bahamas Resort
- 4 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 5 Which country?
- 6 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 7 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 8 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 9 Antigua or St Martin
- 10 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 11 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 12 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 13 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 14 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 15 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 montego bay
- 18 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 19 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 20 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 21 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 22 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 23 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 24 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 25 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay