We are a family of 4 (kids are 6 and 8) trying to plan our Spring vacation. We are not the type to sit on a beach for a week, so we're looking for a fairly active (but WARM!) place to go. We''re thinking about Puerto Rico, splitting our time in San Juan, and then somehere else on the island. In San Juan, we're looking at La Concha and the Conrad. Any comments on either of them? We want a decent pool/beach area, and somewhere we can get to Old San Juan and the forts fairly easily. Should we rent a car for this portion? We will definitely rent a car when we leave San Juan. We were thinking of El Conquistador but I am kind of turned off by the fact that you have to pay additional to use the water park. We will definitely plan on seeing El Yunque. Any other suggestions on somewhere to stay out of San Juan, not too far from El Yunque? Thanks in advance for any help!
Family trip to Puerto Rico
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 2 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 3 Traveling Solo
- 4 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 5 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 6 A Volcanic Paradise
- 7 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 8 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 9 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 10 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 11 St. Kitts, the details
- 12 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 13 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 14 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 15 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 16 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 17 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 18 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 19 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 20 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 21 8 TUFF MILES
- 22 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 23 1 week in San Juan
- 24 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?
- 25 St John - The East End - Aqua Bistro