Looking into a trip for 2015 for a family reunion and seeking ideas of where to go.
We are open to anywhere in the United States, Caribbean or Central America.
The group includes two women in their 70s, several 30somethings and 7 kids ages 10 and under all preferably staying in the same house. Right now the assumption is that we will go in the early summer to coordinate with summer vacations, but there is a small possibility that it could be scheduled at christmas break.
We are hoping for a destination that would offer safety and beaches. We would also hope for a variety of daytime activities - (ie, boat rental, kid friendly excursions). We would be staying in most nights and making a family dinner, so nightlife is not a priority. Also need somewhere that would be easy to get to from New York City, St Louis & Washington DC. Factor for a generous budget.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bahamas help
- 2 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 3 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 4 Vacation suggestion, please
- 5 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 6 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 7 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 8 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 9 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 10 New Destination
- 11 aruba planning advice
- 12 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 13 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 14 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 15 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 16 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 17 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 18 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 19 Barbados Beaches
- 20 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 21 Peterson
- 22 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 23 Cuba weather in March
- 24 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 25 Woman, alone, islandhopping