Hello fellow travelers!
My BF and I are in the process of booking five nights in Exuma for the last week of August. We have recently learned this means we’ll be there during the rainy season. We're okay with a few passing showers, or one rainy day, but I don't want to book the trip if general consensus is that its really a terrible time to go. While of course we can't completely predict the weather, generally speaking, can anyone offer their opinion if its okay to make the trip this time of year? A few specific questions we're wondering… any thoughts or advice you could provide would be very much appreciated. : )
1) Given it is "off season", will there still be fun things to do?
2) Will hotels, restaurants and other venues still host activities like live music?
3) In the event of a rainy day, how do people stay busy? Are there things at the resorts or in town that are good on bad weather days?
4) Do you find storms in the rainy season are heavy and short (as I know some tropical storms can be)? Or can they be all day?
5) Generally speaking any "do not miss" recs (restaurants, things in town, etc.). For sure we'll visit the pics and boat around the cays a bit. : )
We are open to rescheduling our visit for the winter when it is less rainy, if you think that is much better. Either way we will definitely be coming, I think we just need a little help to decide when. : )
Many, many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Err0r: YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:540 :683O YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Assist:: YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:4823831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 3 Assist:: YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:4823831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 4 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 5 Havana
- 6 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 7 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 8 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 9 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 10 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 11 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 12 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 13 Restaurant Recommendations
- 14 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 15 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 16 Family vacation
- 17 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 18 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 19 PR or USVI
- 20 Havana Hotel
- 21 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 22 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 23 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 24 Cayman Islands Currency
- 25 Virgin Gorda BVI
Hello fellow travelers!