Hello fellow travelers!
My BF and I are in the process of booking five nights in Exuma for the last week of August. We have recently learned this means we’ll be there during the rainy season. We're okay with a few passing showers, or one rainy day, but I don't want to book the trip if general consensus is that its really a terrible time to go. While of course we can't completely predict the weather, generally speaking, can anyone offer their opinion if its okay to make the trip this time of year? A few specific questions we're wondering… any thoughts or advice you could provide would be very much appreciated. : )
1) Given it is "off season", will there still be fun things to do?
2) Will hotels, restaurants and other venues still host activities like live music?
3) In the event of a rainy day, how do people stay busy? Are there things at the resorts or in town that are good on bad weather days?
4) Do you find storms in the rainy season are heavy and short (as I know some tropical storms can be)? Or can they be all day?
5) Generally speaking any "do not miss" recs (restaurants, things in town, etc.). For sure we'll visit the pics and boat around the cays a bit. : )
We are open to rescheduling our visit for the winter when it is less rainy, if you think that is much better. Either way we will definitely be coming, I think we just need a little help to decide when. : )
Many, many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 2 BVI trip questions
- 3 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 4 aruba fun!!!
- 5 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 6 Peterson
- 7 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 8 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 9 St.Lucia newbie
- 10 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 11 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 12 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 13 Turks and caicos
- 14 Aruba weather
- 15 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 16 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 17 Turks and caicos
- 18 Cruise stop activities
- 19 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 20 Jade Mountain
- 21 Honeymoon Help!!
- 22 Bermuda
- 23 Restaurant Suggestions
- 24 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 25 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
Hello fellow travelers!