Hello fellow travelers!
My BF and I are in the process of booking five nights in Exuma for the last week of August. We have recently learned this means we’ll be there during the rainy season. We're okay with a few passing showers, or one rainy day, but I don't want to book the trip if general consensus is that its really a terrible time to go. While of course we can't completely predict the weather, generally speaking, can anyone offer their opinion if its okay to make the trip this time of year? A few specific questions we're wondering… any thoughts or advice you could provide would be very much appreciated. : )
1) Given it is "off season", will there still be fun things to do?
2) Will hotels, restaurants and other venues still host activities like live music?
3) In the event of a rainy day, how do people stay busy? Are there things at the resorts or in town that are good on bad weather days?
4) Do you find storms in the rainy season are heavy and short (as I know some tropical storms can be)? Or can they be all day?
5) Generally speaking any "do not miss" recs (restaurants, things in town, etc.). For sure we'll visit the pics and boat around the cays a bit. : )
We are open to rescheduling our visit for the winter when it is less rainy, if you think that is much better. Either way we will definitely be coming, I think we just need a little help to decide when. : )
Many, many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://purelifegreencoffeebeanadvice.com/beaute-wrinkle-reducer/
- 2 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 3 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 4 St. Croix
- 5 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 6 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 7 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 8 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 9 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 10 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 11 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 12 Island Hopping
- 13 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 14 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 15 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Havana restaurants
- 18 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 19 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort
- 20 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 21 What area of T&C to stay in?
- 22 Playa del Carmen vs. Negril vs. Other
- 23 Getting away in June
- 24 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 25 Caribbean Honeymoon Help!
Hello fellow travelers!