Hello fellow travelers!
My BF and I are in the process of booking five nights in Exuma for the last week of August. We have recently learned this means we’ll be there during the rainy season. We're okay with a few passing showers, or one rainy day, but I don't want to book the trip if general consensus is that its really a terrible time to go. While of course we can't completely predict the weather, generally speaking, can anyone offer their opinion if its okay to make the trip this time of year? A few specific questions we're wondering… any thoughts or advice you could provide would be very much appreciated. : )
1) Given it is "off season", will there still be fun things to do?
2) Will hotels, restaurants and other venues still host activities like live music?
3) In the event of a rainy day, how do people stay busy? Are there things at the resorts or in town that are good on bad weather days?
4) Do you find storms in the rainy season are heavy and short (as I know some tropical storms can be)? Or can they be all day?
5) Generally speaking any "do not miss" recs (restaurants, things in town, etc.). For sure we'll visit the pics and boat around the cays a bit. : )
We are open to rescheduling our visit for the winter when it is less rainy, if you think that is much better. Either way we will definitely be coming, I think we just need a little help to decide when. : )
Many, many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementssupplier.com/pure-nitro-max/
- 2 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 3 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 4 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 5 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 6 Anguilla. House to rent or swap Jan or Fec 2018
- 7 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 8 Cuba for 6 days
- 9 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 10 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 11 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 12 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 13 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 14 Honeymoon Help!!
- 15 when to visit barbados
- 16 Barbados Beaches
- 17 Punta Cana
- 18 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 19 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 20 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 21 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 22 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 23 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 24 Restaurant Recommendations
- 25 Trouble booking hotels!
Hello fellow travelers!