We're going on a 3-night/4-day getaway in November from the NYC area. We want a direct flight and a hotel close to the airport to cut travel time.
We're looking for:
--as uncrowded a beach as possible without leaving the safety of a resort
--special occasion, so we don't want to be disappointed by a rundown hotel
--room with some privacy features would be nice (like a private balcony or plunge pool) but not necessary
--laid back, not stuffy vibe
Not looking for:
--a plethora of activities
We'd go to the Bahamas but too hard to travel to the out islands. Also probably more expensive. Turks and Caicos was another option but also expensive. So we narrowed it down to Punta Cana for convenience and the most value.
What is the least crowded resort beach that you've ever been to in PC?
Thanks for your help!
DR - Uncrowded & Laid-Back
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 50+ where to dance?
- 2 dominican republic
- 3 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 4 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 5 Summer family vacation
- 6 St Martin
- 7 Florida or caribbean
- 8 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 9 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 10 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 11 Resort villa suggestions
- 12 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 13 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 14 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 15 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 16 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 17 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?
- 18 Suggestions for Solo Travel for Woman in Late 30's
- 19 Best Island To Honeymoon To?
- 20 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 21 Honeymoon in Caribbean & US - HELP!
- 22 Some "Don't Miss" Stuff on St. Martin Please
- 23 Cost of liquor in Turks and Caicos
- 24 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 25 safety in Jamaica, college spring break, 2015