We're going on a 3-night/4-day getaway in November from the NYC area. We want a direct flight and a hotel close to the airport to cut travel time.
We're looking for:
--as uncrowded a beach as possible without leaving the safety of a resort
--special occasion, so we don't want to be disappointed by a rundown hotel
--room with some privacy features would be nice (like a private balcony or plunge pool) but not necessary
--laid back, not stuffy vibe
Not looking for:
--a plethora of activities
We'd go to the Bahamas but too hard to travel to the out islands. Also probably more expensive. Turks and Caicos was another option but also expensive. So we narrowed it down to Punta Cana for convenience and the most value.
What is the least crowded resort beach that you've ever been to in PC?
Thanks for your help!
DR - Uncrowded & Laid-Back
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 2 Too many choices.....
- 3 Best Island for Me?
- 4 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 5 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 6 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 7 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 8 Cuba with Gate 1
- 9 Anguilla stay?
- 10 Why Barbados?
- 11 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 12 Back from San Juan
- 13 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 14 San Juan Airport
- 15 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 16 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 17 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 18 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 19 Storm ?
- 20 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 21 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 22 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 23 Kristen- where are you?????
- 24 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 25 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!