We're going on a 3-night/4-day getaway in November from the NYC area. We want a direct flight and a hotel close to the airport to cut travel time.
We're looking for:
--as uncrowded a beach as possible without leaving the safety of a resort
--special occasion, so we don't want to be disappointed by a rundown hotel
--room with some privacy features would be nice (like a private balcony or plunge pool) but not necessary
--laid back, not stuffy vibe
Not looking for:
--a plethora of activities
We'd go to the Bahamas but too hard to travel to the out islands. Also probably more expensive. Turks and Caicos was another option but also expensive. So we narrowed it down to Punta Cana for convenience and the most value.
What is the least crowded resort beach that you've ever been to in PC?
Thanks for your help!
DR - Uncrowded & Laid-Back
- 1 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 2 Islands with great nightlife
- 3 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 4 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 5 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 6 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 7 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 8 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 9 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 10 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 11 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 12 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 13 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 14 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 15 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 16 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 17 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 18 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 19 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 20 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 21 Beaches Turks question
- 22 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 23 Curacao - where to stay
- 24 Dominican Republic baseball in February
- 25 May Honeymoon