We're going on a 3-night/4-day getaway in November from the NYC area. We want a direct flight and a hotel close to the airport to cut travel time.
We're looking for:
--as uncrowded a beach as possible without leaving the safety of a resort
--special occasion, so we don't want to be disappointed by a rundown hotel
--room with some privacy features would be nice (like a private balcony or plunge pool) but not necessary
--laid back, not stuffy vibe
Not looking for:
--a plethora of activities
We'd go to the Bahamas but too hard to travel to the out islands. Also probably more expensive. Turks and Caicos was another option but also expensive. So we narrowed it down to Punta Cana for convenience and the most value.
What is the least crowded resort beach that you've ever been to in PC?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Puerto Rico?
- 2 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 3 Weather in Nov
- 4 Virgin Gorda with Kids
- 5 Fishing for ideas
- 6 CHOOSING BETWEEN 3 RESORTS, HELP!
- 7 If you heard about the Weight Loss System
- 8 Spring Break trip to Cuba with our kids
- 9 Travel Insurance
- 10 First time cruiser to USVI
- 11 St. Thomas vs Bahamas?
- 12 Cuba
- 13 Affordable Eats & Drinks - which Islands?
- 14 Restaurants in Aruba
- 15 long enough layover in SJU?
- 16 The Color of the Water
- 17 Confused what to chose
- 18 Bermuda in Late August
- 19 Anguilla Air Express - still in business?
- 20 Travel from St. Martin to St. Thomas
- 21 Beach hoilday, 8m old baby in August?
- 22 Small luxe Caribbean hotels
- 23 Caribbean in March 2016
- 24 All Inclusive Villas in the Caribbean
- 25 Cuba tour company