We're going on a 3-night/4-day getaway in November from the NYC area. We want a direct flight and a hotel close to the airport to cut travel time.
We're looking for:
--as uncrowded a beach as possible without leaving the safety of a resort
--special occasion, so we don't want to be disappointed by a rundown hotel
--room with some privacy features would be nice (like a private balcony or plunge pool) but not necessary
--laid back, not stuffy vibe
Not looking for:
--a plethora of activities
We'd go to the Bahamas but too hard to travel to the out islands. Also probably more expensive. Turks and Caicos was another option but also expensive. So we narrowed it down to Punta Cana for convenience and the most value.
What is the least crowded resort beach that you've ever been to in PC?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 We won a vacation we don't want!
- 2 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 3 To Blanchisseuse Bay. A Beautiful Afternoon Drive
- 4 Jobs prospects in Caribbean
- 5 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 6 Barbados / Turks&Caicos / Grand Cayman /
- 7 Honeymoon August 2016
- 8 Canadian money exchange ??
- 9 Help choosing an island
- 10 Safe, family friendly Island
- 11 Help Choosing Island for Honeymoon
- 12 Is car really necessary on St John, staying at Westin.
- 13 Turks/Provo Dept Store
- 14 Family trip to Jamaica
- 15 Vieques Island
- 16 Road Conditions - Hwy 52 south of San Juan
- 17 Best island for food and beaches
- 18 Cuba tour companies
- 19 San Juan, Puerto Rico Hotel
- 20 Resort rent out for wedding
- 21 San Juan Hotel Recommendations
- 22 St. Croix
- 23 Hotel on Turks
- 24 7 day itinerary advice?- Puerto Rico
- 25 St. Thomas is dangerous