We're going on a 3-night/4-day getaway in November from the NYC area. We want a direct flight and a hotel close to the airport to cut travel time.
We're looking for:
--as uncrowded a beach as possible without leaving the safety of a resort
--special occasion, so we don't want to be disappointed by a rundown hotel
--room with some privacy features would be nice (like a private balcony or plunge pool) but not necessary
--laid back, not stuffy vibe
Not looking for:
--a plethora of activities
We'd go to the Bahamas but too hard to travel to the out islands. Also probably more expensive. Turks and Caicos was another option but also expensive. So we narrowed it down to Punta Cana for convenience and the most value.
What is the least crowded resort beach that you've ever been to in PC?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Resort Recommendations
- 2 Island with golf
- 3 West Coast US and Carribean
- 4 St. John--how much should we try to see?
- 5 The Club Barbados AI resort & Spa
- 6 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 7 Nywoman goes to Cuba June 2015
- 8 Activities/Tours in Aruba
- 9 Turks & Caicos ofr New Years
- 10 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 11 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 12 Tour Operator?
- 13 Travel Advice Needed
- 14 Puerto Plata
- 15 Puerto Plata- Hacienda Lifestyle resorts and villas
- 16 puerto plata town vs. sosua? need help.......
- 17 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 18 Quick Question: Why is Puerto Plata, DR so much cheaper than Punta Cana, DR
- 19 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 20 Where to go with a 5-1/2 hr layover in Nassau?
- 21 Transportation to Exuma
- 22 Nassau temp late Jan
- 23 St. Martin vs St. Maarten and what area or Antigua or Barbuda and what area
- 24 Sandals, Montego Bay
- 25 Jamaica - Couples Negril or Sandals Royal Caribbean (Montego)