We're going on a 3-night/4-day getaway in November from the NYC area. We want a direct flight and a hotel close to the airport to cut travel time.
We're looking for:
--as uncrowded a beach as possible without leaving the safety of a resort
--special occasion, so we don't want to be disappointed by a rundown hotel
--room with some privacy features would be nice (like a private balcony or plunge pool) but not necessary
--laid back, not stuffy vibe
Not looking for:
--a plethora of activities
We'd go to the Bahamas but too hard to travel to the out islands. Also probably more expensive. Turks and Caicos was another option but also expensive. So we narrowed it down to Punta Cana for convenience and the most value.
What is the least crowded resort beach that you've ever been to in PC?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 2 http://supplementsprotocol.com/neu-serum-pro/
- 3 Looking for destination suggestions
- 4 Favorite Anguilla Restaurants
- 5 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 6 Restaurant selection in Grand Case
- 7 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 8 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 9 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 10 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 11 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 12 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 13 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 14 Any suggestions??
- 15 Gustavia stay
- 16 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 17 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 18 My week in Guadeloupe
- 19 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 20 Which Island?
- 21 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 22 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 23 Freeport, Bahamas
- 24 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)
- 25 Freeport Hotel