We're going on a 3-night/4-day getaway in November from the NYC area. We want a direct flight and a hotel close to the airport to cut travel time.
We're looking for:
--as uncrowded a beach as possible without leaving the safety of a resort
--special occasion, so we don't want to be disappointed by a rundown hotel
--room with some privacy features would be nice (like a private balcony or plunge pool) but not necessary
--laid back, not stuffy vibe
Not looking for:
--a plethora of activities
We'd go to the Bahamas but too hard to travel to the out islands. Also probably more expensive. Turks and Caicos was another option but also expensive. So we narrowed it down to Punta Cana for convenience and the most value.
What is the least crowded resort beach that you've ever been to in PC?
Thanks for your help!
DR - Uncrowded & Laid-Back
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Need help again!!
- 2 20 something couple looking for best carribean experience
- 3 Bermuda cruise in late September, first visit
- 4 Snorkelling and fishing legally in Cuba?
- 5 Beach front Caribbean Villa for New Year's
- 6 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 7 Seven Stars Resort
- 8 TCI get together...
- 9 T&C - Parrot Cay or Regent Palms in late August?
- 10 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 11 Jamaican Villas
- 12 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 13 Where's the best snorkeling in the Caribbean - 1st time visit
- 14 vacation for summer 2014
- 15 The right adults-only resort
- 16 Coral Villa and Palm Cottage on Turks and Caicos Islands
- 17 Chartering a boat for a week for vacation
- 18 Relocating to Curacao
- 19 Trip Report: Ecocamping on St. John
- 20 CUBA: Gifts to the Locals
- 21 San Juan Airport
- 22 Nevis--finding info on a previous resident
- 23 Best island for a villa rental
- 24 Jamaica -- Where to stay
- 25 San Pedro Ambergris Caye, Belize OR Grand Cayman