We're going on a 3-night/4-day getaway in November from the NYC area. We want a direct flight and a hotel close to the airport to cut travel time.
We're looking for:
--as uncrowded a beach as possible without leaving the safety of a resort
--special occasion, so we don't want to be disappointed by a rundown hotel
--room with some privacy features would be nice (like a private balcony or plunge pool) but not necessary
--laid back, not stuffy vibe
Not looking for:
--a plethora of activities
We'd go to the Bahamas but too hard to travel to the out islands. Also probably more expensive. Turks and Caicos was another option but also expensive. So we narrowed it down to Punta Cana for convenience and the most value.
What is the least crowded resort beach that you've ever been to in PC?
Thanks for your help!
DR - Uncrowded & Laid-Back
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Need Puerto Rico location advice
- 2 T&C Airfare Volatility?
- 3 St Thomas lodging before flight home
- 4 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 5 Romantic, 30th Birthday for my girlfriend Trip - I NEED HELP!
- 6 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 7 Jamaica - Negril, Ochos Rio, or MB?
- 8 Best island for a villa rental
- 9 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 10 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 11 Which Island?
- 12 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 13 Best Caribbean All Inclusive for Teens?
- 14 Punta Cana?
- 15 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 16 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 17 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 18 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 19 Advice needed
- 20 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 21 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 22 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 23 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 24 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 25 Bahamas or Republic of Panama