We're going on a 3-night/4-day getaway in November from the NYC area. We want a direct flight and a hotel close to the airport to cut travel time.
We're looking for:
--as uncrowded a beach as possible without leaving the safety of a resort
--special occasion, so we don't want to be disappointed by a rundown hotel
--room with some privacy features would be nice (like a private balcony or plunge pool) but not necessary
--laid back, not stuffy vibe
Not looking for:
--a plethora of activities
We'd go to the Bahamas but too hard to travel to the out islands. Also probably more expensive. Turks and Caicos was another option but also expensive. So we narrowed it down to Punta Cana for convenience and the most value.
What is the least crowded resort beach that you've ever been to in PC?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 2 http://gomusclebuilding.com/x-ripped/
- 3 http://greentheorygarcinia.com/exoslim-garcinia-cambogia/
- 4 http://greentheorygarcinia.com/exoslim-garcinia-cambogia/
- 5 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 6 http://www.supplementsoffer.com/liver-active/
- 7 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 8 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 9 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 10 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 11 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 12 Cuba in November
- 13 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 14 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 15 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 16 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 17 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 18 Tennis in Aruba question
- 19 christmas in the caribbean
- 20 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 21 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 22 Guadeloupe - January 2017
- 23 Marriott Courtyard Junkanoo Beach Nassau
- 24 Jamaica
- 25 Money in Jamaica