Four Canadian college guys...4th year, reasonably mature (?) are heading to an AI in Varadero for "reading week". No doubt there will be immoderate drinking on site but having done AI's in Mexico previously, some off-site exploration will take place. Knowing that credit card acceptance is not wide spread, how does one pay for cabs, meals, drinks, etc...Cdn$, US$, official exchange peso's?? Assuming reasonably good behavior "outside", are there any must see/must do things in the Varadero area? Anything to particularly avoid? All advice welcomed.
Do's & Don'ts at a Cuban AI
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 2 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 5 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 6 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 7 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 8 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 9 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 10 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 11 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 12 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 13 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 14 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 15 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 16 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 17 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 18 Which island?
- 19 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 20 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 21 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 22 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 23 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 24 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan
- 25 Turks and Caicos problems