My wife and I stayed May 2012 for 10 nights at the Westin St. John. We don't plan to ever return. Yes, the beaches are beautiful but other places have nice beaches too. The resort is very over-priced, service is not worth the rates they charge, the rooms need to be significantly upgraded. But the biggest disappointment we had were the hundreds of dollars added to our bill for long distance charges. I had a travel package that said I could make free local and toll calls while at the resort. I asked at the front desk if this was correct before making any calls and was told it was - so we called our kids and other family members while we were there. But the resort charged us for the calls anyway and wouldn't adjust our bill. So just beware - they lie to you about this and I can only believe it's so the resort can share in the profits. The Pirates of the Caribbean work at the Westin St. John!
Don't make long distance calls
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 2 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 3 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 4 just be careful
- 5 Restaurants in Aruba
- 6 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 7 Snorkeling
- 8 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 9 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 10 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 11 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 12 shore excursions
- 13 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 14 Bahamas girls trip
- 15 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 16 Safe for Family
- 17 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 18 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 19 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 20 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 21 Curacao vs Barbados
- 22 Honeymoon Destination
- 23 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 24 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 25 Martinique - solo female traveller