My wife and I stayed May 2012 for 10 nights at the Westin St. John. We don't plan to ever return. Yes, the beaches are beautiful but other places have nice beaches too. The resort is very over-priced, service is not worth the rates they charge, the rooms need to be significantly upgraded. But the biggest disappointment we had were the hundreds of dollars added to our bill for long distance charges. I had a travel package that said I could make free local and toll calls while at the resort. I asked at the front desk if this was correct before making any calls and was told it was - so we called our kids and other family members while we were there. But the resort charged us for the calls anyway and wouldn't adjust our bill. So just beware - they lie to you about this and I can only believe it's so the resort can share in the profits. The Pirates of the Caribbean work at the Westin St. John!
Don't make long distance calls
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 2 Best island for nature + kids that is safe and affordable
- 3 Must sell vaca pkg for 4-star St. James's Club Antigua, $700
- 4 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 5 Anguilla stay?
- 6 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 7 Cayman Islands in October
- 8 Back from San Juan
- 9 Cheapest AI Deals for couple in 20s
- 10 Kristen- where are you?????
- 11 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 12 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 13 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 14 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 15 50th BIRTHDAY Home for 4 Couples
- 16 Is it a waste to go to St. Johns during late September?
- 17 Puerto Rico
- 18 Puerto Plata vacations or other place of Dominican Republic
- 19 Cuba People to People Tours
- 20 TCI Regent Grand vs. Venetian
- 21 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 22 relaxed beaches in january
- 23 Are you the new future traveler?
- 24 Mosquitoes - where are they NOT?
- 25 Wanted: St. Lucia Jan - March studio rental?