My wife and I stayed May 2012 for 10 nights at the Westin St. John. We don't plan to ever return. Yes, the beaches are beautiful but other places have nice beaches too. The resort is very over-priced, service is not worth the rates they charge, the rooms need to be significantly upgraded. But the biggest disappointment we had were the hundreds of dollars added to our bill for long distance charges. I had a travel package that said I could make free local and toll calls while at the resort. I asked at the front desk if this was correct before making any calls and was told it was - so we called our kids and other family members while we were there. But the resort charged us for the calls anyway and wouldn't adjust our bill. So just beware - they lie to you about this and I can only believe it's so the resort can share in the profits. The Pirates of the Caribbean work at the Westin St. John!
Don't make long distance calls
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 2 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 3 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 4 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 5 Tipping at AI
- 6 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 7 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 8 Traveling Solo
- 9 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 10 A Volcanic Paradise
- 11 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 12 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 13 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 14 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 15 St. Kitts, the details
- 16 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 17 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 18 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 19 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 20 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?