So my husband and I are looking to book a vacation for the last week of March (2013) and we'd like to go somewhere different! We have lived in Hawaii (Big Island, Kona) and have visited Maui as well as all over Oahu, so we've experienced the many exciting island adventure indigenous to those islands...
I know that Carribbean islands are quite versatile depending on where you go, so I have been doing a lot of research! We are age 29/31 and love adventure and don't mind a good sweat for an activity! We both love the water, but enjoy off shore activities as well and especially LOVE good food (one thing I will firmly state was NOT a luxury in Hawaii). I should also note that I will be getting my Scuba certification in the next month, so I'd like to find a place that has good diving that is appropriate for a novice.
Initially I was looking at a Southern Carribbean cruise, but I have to say I have many reservations about taking a Cruise... We're not big on large crowds or the feel of commercialized restaurants, etc. I thought the cruise would be an opportunity to visit several different places just to get a little experience, but then I also feel like it would be sort of half-assed bc you are only there for a day or part of a day.
Please! I'd love you to share your thoughts/experiences to help me in this decision! Vacations aren't cheap and our time off is precious, so we want to make sure we are making the best decision! =)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Packers and Movers in Bangalore for Easy Shifting
- 2 How to find out the best Packers and Movers in Pune?
- 3 http://www.musclesupplement.org/testo-vital-review/
- 4 Regular visists to St. Thomas
- 5 St. Thomas EMS is dangerous
- 6 Turks/ Caicos/ Not Beaches,but where?
- 7 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 8 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 9 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 10 Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
- 11 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 12 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 13 30th anniversary trip
- 14 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 15 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 16 Bermuda in February or March
- 17 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 18 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 19 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 20 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 21 Safest Islands for Us?
- 22 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 23 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 24 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 25 Narrowing it down
Done the Hawaii thing. Need help choosing a Carrib. vacay destination!