So my husband and I are looking to book a vacation for the last week of March (2013) and we'd like to go somewhere different! We have lived in Hawaii (Big Island, Kona) and have visited Maui as well as all over Oahu, so we've experienced the many exciting island adventure indigenous to those islands...
I know that Carribbean islands are quite versatile depending on where you go, so I have been doing a lot of research! We are age 29/31 and love adventure and don't mind a good sweat for an activity! We both love the water, but enjoy off shore activities as well and especially LOVE good food (one thing I will firmly state was NOT a luxury in Hawaii). I should also note that I will be getting my Scuba certification in the next month, so I'd like to find a place that has good diving that is appropriate for a novice.
Initially I was looking at a Southern Carribbean cruise, but I have to say I have many reservations about taking a Cruise... We're not big on large crowds or the feel of commercialized restaurants, etc. I thought the cruise would be an opportunity to visit several different places just to get a little experience, but then I also feel like it would be sort of half-assed bc you are only there for a day or part of a day.
Please! I'd love you to share your thoughts/experiences to help me in this decision! Vacations aren't cheap and our time off is precious, so we want to make sure we are making the best decision! =)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 First Vacation!
- 2 2 Americans traveling to Cuba..question
- 3 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 4 Turks & Caicos
- 5 Restaurant in Aruba
- 6 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 7 Early 20's Couple
- 8 Couple in early 20's
- 9 St. Barths Restaurant Recommendations
- 10 Boat Charter in BVI
- 11 Weather in June?
- 12 Weather in June in Puerto Rico?
- 13 How can I top LI and Eluthera?
- 14 Anniversary Trip Options
- 15 Island with golf
- 16 2 Days in Dominica
- 17 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 18 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 19 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 20 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 21 During times of need, let us donate for Nepal earthquake victims
- 22 St Thomas vs Puerto Rico
- 23 Location for 40th birthday celebration with friends
- 24 St. Martin/St. Maarten
- 25 travelling to St kitt and nervis
Done the Hawaii thing. Need help choosing a Carrib. vacay destination!