So my husband and I are looking to book a vacation for the last week of March (2013) and we'd like to go somewhere different! We have lived in Hawaii (Big Island, Kona) and have visited Maui as well as all over Oahu, so we've experienced the many exciting island adventure indigenous to those islands...
I know that Carribbean islands are quite versatile depending on where you go, so I have been doing a lot of research! We are age 29/31 and love adventure and don't mind a good sweat for an activity! We both love the water, but enjoy off shore activities as well and especially LOVE good food (one thing I will firmly state was NOT a luxury in Hawaii). I should also note that I will be getting my Scuba certification in the next month, so I'd like to find a place that has good diving that is appropriate for a novice.
Initially I was looking at a Southern Carribbean cruise, but I have to say I have many reservations about taking a Cruise... We're not big on large crowds or the feel of commercialized restaurants, etc. I thought the cruise would be an opportunity to visit several different places just to get a little experience, but then I also feel like it would be sort of half-assed bc you are only there for a day or part of a day.
Please! I'd love you to share your thoughts/experiences to help me in this decision! Vacations aren't cheap and our time off is precious, so we want to make sure we are making the best decision! =)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 AOL @ 1800:681:7208 password reset CONTACT AOL Tec*h care
- 2 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 3 1st time to Barbados
- 4 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 5 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 6 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 7 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 8 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 9 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 10 GTC
- 11 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 12 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 13 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 14 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 15 Cayman Islands travel report
- 16 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 17 Curacao times 2
- 18 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 19 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 20 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 21 Bermuda Travel Report
- 22 Cuba Help
- 23 Cuba via cruise
- 24 Aruba villa help desperate!
- 25 BVI: Comparable Islands?
Done the Hawaii thing. Need help choosing a Carrib. vacay destination!