So my husband and I are looking to book a vacation for the last week of March (2013) and we'd like to go somewhere different! We have lived in Hawaii (Big Island, Kona) and have visited Maui as well as all over Oahu, so we've experienced the many exciting island adventure indigenous to those islands...
I know that Carribbean islands are quite versatile depending on where you go, so I have been doing a lot of research! We are age 29/31 and love adventure and don't mind a good sweat for an activity! We both love the water, but enjoy off shore activities as well and especially LOVE good food (one thing I will firmly state was NOT a luxury in Hawaii). I should also note that I will be getting my Scuba certification in the next month, so I'd like to find a place that has good diving that is appropriate for a novice.
Initially I was looking at a Southern Carribbean cruise, but I have to say I have many reservations about taking a Cruise... We're not big on large crowds or the feel of commercialized restaurants, etc. I thought the cruise would be an opportunity to visit several different places just to get a little experience, but then I also feel like it would be sort of half-assed bc you are only there for a day or part of a day.
Please! I'd love you to share your thoughts/experiences to help me in this decision! Vacations aren't cheap and our time off is precious, so we want to make sure we are making the best decision! =)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Volcanoes, Rainforest, and Beaches
- 2 Anguilla or Turks & Caicos?
- 3 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 4 Saint John retirement
- 5 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 6 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 7 Cuba by car
- 8 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 9 20th anniversary
- 10 The great advantages including with the use
- 11 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 12 cheap living & travelling in Dominican Republic
- 13 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 14 Sunny Beach Weather in February
- 15 Safe for Family
- 16 Christmas destination
- 17 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 18 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 19 USVI St John trip with kids and Westin St John stay
- 20 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 21 Honeymoon Destination
- 22 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 23 shore excursions
- 24 just be careful
- 25 Restaurants in Aruba
Done the Hawaii thing. Need help choosing a Carrib. vacay destination!