So my husband and I are looking to book a vacation for the last week of March (2013) and we'd like to go somewhere different! We have lived in Hawaii (Big Island, Kona) and have visited Maui as well as all over Oahu, so we've experienced the many exciting island adventure indigenous to those islands...
I know that Carribbean islands are quite versatile depending on where you go, so I have been doing a lot of research! We are age 29/31 and love adventure and don't mind a good sweat for an activity! We both love the water, but enjoy off shore activities as well and especially LOVE good food (one thing I will firmly state was NOT a luxury in Hawaii). I should also note that I will be getting my Scuba certification in the next month, so I'd like to find a place that has good diving that is appropriate for a novice.
Initially I was looking at a Southern Carribbean cruise, but I have to say I have many reservations about taking a Cruise... We're not big on large crowds or the feel of commercialized restaurants, etc. I thought the cruise would be an opportunity to visit several different places just to get a little experience, but then I also feel like it would be sort of half-assed bc you are only there for a day or part of a day.
Please! I'd love you to share your thoughts/experiences to help me in this decision! Vacations aren't cheap and our time off is precious, so we want to make sure we are making the best decision! =)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Help with small wedding location
- 2 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 3 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 5 Ideal wedding island
- 6 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 7 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 8 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 9 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 10 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 11 St. Croix
- 12 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 13 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 14 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 15 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 16 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 17 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 18 Island Hopping
- 19 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 20 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 21 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Havana restaurants
- 24 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 25 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort
Done the Hawaii thing. Need help choosing a Carrib. vacay destination!