So my husband and I are looking to book a vacation for the last week of March (2013) and we'd like to go somewhere different! We have lived in Hawaii (Big Island, Kona) and have visited Maui as well as all over Oahu, so we've experienced the many exciting island adventure indigenous to those islands...
I know that Carribbean islands are quite versatile depending on where you go, so I have been doing a lot of research! We are age 29/31 and love adventure and don't mind a good sweat for an activity! We both love the water, but enjoy off shore activities as well and especially LOVE good food (one thing I will firmly state was NOT a luxury in Hawaii). I should also note that I will be getting my Scuba certification in the next month, so I'd like to find a place that has good diving that is appropriate for a novice.
Initially I was looking at a Southern Carribbean cruise, but I have to say I have many reservations about taking a Cruise... We're not big on large crowds or the feel of commercialized restaurants, etc. I thought the cruise would be an opportunity to visit several different places just to get a little experience, but then I also feel like it would be sort of half-assed bc you are only there for a day or part of a day.
Please! I'd love you to share your thoughts/experiences to help me in this decision! Vacations aren't cheap and our time off is precious, so we want to make sure we are making the best decision! =)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 RELIABLE LOAN OFFER
- 2 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 3 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 4 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 5 Late May Trip
- 6 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 7 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 8 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 9 Cheers to Beers!
- 10 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 11 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 12 New Years Eve / St John
- 13 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 14 Island Choice
- 15 Aruba Car Rental
- 16 If we loved Cayman...
- 17 Harbor Island ?? Anyone
- 18 Caribbean Christmas with teenagers
- 19 For the bluest water and whitest sand?
- 20 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 21 HELP! St Croix or Cancun
- 22 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 23 aruba planning advice
- 24 Post Christmas to Mid January Getaway For Two
- 25 Woman, alone, islandhopping
Done the Hawaii thing. Need help choosing a Carrib. vacay destination!